PHENOME VSTi | BEST FREE SF2 PLAYER | v1.70 released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nahkranoth wrote: @taotekid:
There are no clicks in mono mode if you turn retrigger off. But even with retrigger set to "on" with majority of the instruments clicks aren't hearable at all :shrug:
you're right,
but retrigger off doesn't sound right on most acoustic instruments,
& with retrigger on, the clicks are quite obvious with most soundfonts I use,
but don't get me wrong,
I really appreciate Sonicfire's work & generosity,
I'm not complaining at all :)

taotekid wrote:but don't get me wrong,
I really appreciate Sonicfire's work & generosity,
I'm not complaining at all :)
Never even thought that you're complaining :D

Hooorayyyy! :hyper: My old fileserver is back online.
So i will upload the Phenome Factory Content Library now, either in 7Zip (which compresses very well) or 3-4 RAR Parts... :)

Tested it in Mu.Lab and works fine.
Also, if you need some samples to make soundfonts, feel free to take a look on my free samples

very nice job :) congrats! you have created a great tool.
My advanced version of DSK SF2 will be some "extrange" now ;)
You are using one sample oscillator per layer?

Thanks, guys! :)

@dskmusic: Yes, one (stereo) per layer!

one think.. you have forgot to change the names for the midi automation, al layer's parametters have the same names.. it's a hard job, I know it!! :)

Amazing, two soundfont players in a week after years of nothing :)

I have the same requests I did to dskmusic: when a soundfont file is not found on project reload, is a warning shown? And is the soundfont file name available in the GUI?

Thanks,
Mario

Thanks for this. Beautiful GUI. As a bit of a novice using sample players any faults will probably pass me by, but I too noticed no effect on the panning. This is in FL9.

The strangest thing is that 20 minutes prior to downloading Phenome I had just downloaded an old vsti called Take8 and they are both 8 "track" SF2 players.

I have them playing together and have about 10 different sax files loaded, CPU load is fine and the sound is great.

Thanks again.

dskmusic wrote:one think.. you have forgot to change the names for the midi automation, al layer's parametters have the same names.. it's a hard job, I know it!! :)
Thanks for the heads-up! You're right - will be fixed in next update! :)
mabian wrote:Amazing, two soundfont players in a week after years of nothing Smile

I have the same requests I did to dskmusic: when a soundfont file is not found on project reload, is a warning shown? And is the soundfont file name available in the GUI?

Thanks,
Mario
The soundfont filename/path will be displayed when you hover over a layer's patchname with the mouse! Guess there will be no warning, i will see what i can do about this in the future!
bob bobwood wrote:Thanks for this. Beautiful GUI. As a bit of a novice using sample players any faults will probably pass me by, but I too noticed no effect on the panning. This is in FL9.

The strangest thing is that 20 minutes prior to downloading Phenome I had just downloaded an old vsti called Take8 and they are both 8 "track" SF2 players.

I have them playing together and have about 10 different sax files loaded, CPU load is fine and the sound is great.

Thanks again.
Happy to hear it works nicely! :)
This panning thing is starting to get mysterious :x :-o The panning works perfectly here! Mhh, i will investigate :D

some host have problems with synthedit instruments, due the export options (mono use ok and output as stereo pairs, maybe the first).

Thanks, DSK! Have to look into that.

sonicfire wrote:Hooorayyyy! :hyper: My old fileserver is back online.
So i will upload the Phenome Factory Content Library now, either in 7Zip (which compresses very well) or 3-4 RAR Parts... :)
Hi Sonicfire,

I can't seem to find your content library anywhere on your website. Is this something that is not listed on your website? (aka do I need to get a special link to access it)? Or if you want to bittorrent it......

--Sean

Can anyone point me to some very professional, must have SoundFonts? Free or commericial. I feel like I might be missing something by not utilizing them... All the ones I have played with in the past seemed to have pretty low quality compared to samplesets like Kontakt or Sampletank... Where are the diamonds? hehe

Thanks

sonicfire wrote:apologize
whatever you did, i forgive you. thank you for this!
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Return to “Instruments”