Sound Bank Metaphysical Function Eternity available on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not quite, Simon. You say to use the modified MF ensemble the user downloaded from the UL {I see you're using Rick's), but you don't provide the URL.

ew
Last edited by ew on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:Not quite, Simon. You say to use the modified MF ensemble the user downloaded from the UL (I presume you mean Mark Bonnington's), but you don't provide the URL.

http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=7170

ew
No that's the wrong one, I send the link around with the mails responding to the paypal purchases. It's the ensemble I uploaded yesterday to be found here:
http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=9817

Thank's EW but this was only confusing people :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ew wrote:Not quite, Simon. You say to use the modified MF ensemble the user downloaded from the UL (I presume you mean Mark Bonnington's), but you don't provide the URL.

http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=7170

ew
No that's the wrong one, I send the link around with the mails responding to the paypal purchases. It's the ensemble I uploaded yesterday to be found here:
http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=9817

Thank's EW but this was only confusing people :)
Yeah- I read the first page of the thread ( :shock: ) and found which one you were using. :oops:

ew
A spectral heretic...

I can't seem to get Kore to learn some of its params? Is it set up differently to the original MF regarding automation ID's?

aMUSEd wrote:I can't seem to get Kore to learn some of its params? Is it set up differently to the original MF regarding automation ID's?
I didn't mess with the Automation IDs, adding the 2 sliders for Spin level and global level shouldn't have messed up any IDs. When you click on a module and then open the properties you can check the Auto IDs. If I set my DAW (Logic) to latch/write and move any of the yellow faders automation gets recorded as it should.

fantastic & highly inspiring set ! obligatory purchase for me ! thank you !

states wrote:fantastic & highly inspiring set ! obligatory purchase for me ! thank you !
Thank's for that states :)

Just been listening all morning to the demos that you've posted. Great work, Simon!!! Very inspirational. I know I'm a bit late to the party with this, but I don't at all mind paying full price. It's most definitely worth it. :-)

The only thing I'm worried about... is that the patches sound so complete as they are. So much so that it almost feels like 'cheating' doing something with them. What I mean is that listening to the demo tracks is like listening to a very cool ambient album :)

But I'm considering them more as a starting point for my own further explorations and learning. :D

Again: great work!!! Thank you for creating this soundset - as well as all the other cool soundsets for Absynth, etc. Much to explore on Patchpool!!!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:Just been listening all morning to the demos that you've posted. Great work, Simon!!! Very inspirational. I know I'm a bit late to the party with this, but I don't at all mind paying full price. It's most definitely worth it. :-)

The only thing I'm worried about... is that the patches sound so complete as they are. So much so that it almost feels like 'cheating' doing something with them. What I mean is that listening to the demo tracks is like listening to a very cool ambient album :)

But I'm considering them more as a starting point for my own further explorations and learning. :D

Again: great work!!! Thank you for creating this soundset - as well as all the other cool soundsets for Absynth, etc. Much to explore on Patchpool!!!
Hi Sequent,
Some of the demos mix 2 or more patches together and I used the Midipitch follow to demonstrate that function on quite a few patches (all the sounds marked with (M) follow Midi pitch) - which makes it become ambient music sort of right away. Of course the Soundscapes are sometimes very rich but with a bit of tweaking they become your own. So you're not buying a CD here :) - using them as backgrounds in tracks very subtly will give your tracks some spice, also there are many pads included - chords (also stacked synth sounds I created with other VIs) which follow Midi pitch.
Also you can start your own sound from scratch with the samples that come with this Map (1,14 Gigabyte), use them in any other Reaktor ensemble, or sampler or even standalone as long as you follow the licence agreement.
Best
Simon

Sequent wrote:Just been listening all morning to the demos that you've posted. Great work, Simon!!! Very inspirational. I know I'm a bit late to the party with this, but I don't at all mind paying full price. It's most definitely worth it. :-)

This is where Kore comes in useful - once I've finished making a new template for them (if I can get it to pick up all the params I want it to) it's possible to make 8 variations for each patch which adds much more scope for creative user control.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I can't seem to get Kore to learn some of its params? Is it set up differently to the original MF regarding automation ID's?
I didn't mess with the Automation IDs, adding the 2 sliders for Spin level and global level shouldn't have messed up any IDs. When you click on a module and then open the properties you can check the Auto IDs. If I set my DAW (Logic) to latch/write and move any of the yellow faders automation gets recorded as it should.
Something has changed. For example in the old MF it is possible to turn on/off the filter, spin, resochord, reverb etc modules using Kore buttons but on this version it's not picking them up. In the old version I can learn reverb mix, spin levels etc but on this I can only learn cutoff/res and distortion mix/drive. Kore isn't able to pick up anything else.

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Something has changed. For example in the old MF it is possible to turn on/off the filter, spin, resochord, reverb etc modules using Kore buttons but on this version it's not picking them up. In the old version I can learn reverb mix, spin levels etc but on this I can only learn cutoff/res and distortion mix/drive. Kore isn't able to pick up anything else.
Well there are about 15 "old" versions of MF starting with Reaktor 4 - each version can have different IDs as I learned in the NI Forum today reading a post by Jim Hurley.
When using this MF ensemble in Logic all yellow MF faders will record Automation fine, so maybe it's just a matter of reassigning AUTO IDs in Reaktor.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Well there are about 15 "old" versions of MF starting with Reaktor 4 - each version can have different IDs as I learned in the NI Forum today reading a post by Jim Hurley.
When using this MF ensemble in Logic all yellow MF faders will record Automation fine, so maybe it's just a matter of reassigning AUTO IDs in Reaktor.
I checked the automation ID for the reverb mix which is one of the currently non learnable params and it is identical to the number for the working version. This is strange - maybe it's a PC issue but I also tried automating those controls in Reaper and I get the same issue as in Kore - the only learnable params are in the filter and distortion modules - none of the rest are learnable despite the numbers being the same. I can't see what is wrong though or how to fix it.

Magnificent collection Simon.

The combination of your custom sample set and finely tailored sculpting through MF's 'geist' is certainly much, MUCH more than the sum of the individually excellent parts ;-)

Playing 'Eternity' through a whole day, I am not sure I saw God , but several times I am pretty sure I saw the actor who plays him

A fantastic collection and highly recommended for Reaktor users, fans of 'Metaphysical Function', and general ambient and experimental musicking.

Loopy C wrote:Magnificent collection Simon.

The combination of your custom sample set and finely tailored sculpting through MF's 'geist' is certainly much, MUCH more than the sum of the individually excellent parts ;-)

Playing 'Eternity' through a whole day, I am not sure I saw God , but several times I am pretty sure I saw the actor who plays him

A fantastic collection and highly recommended for Reaktor users, fans of 'Metaphysical Function', and general ambient and experimental musicking.

Thank's for this huge bouquet of flowers Chris :)

Return to “Soundware”