Revitar 2.0 now free with source code

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Revitar Revitar 2

Thanks

Is there a manual for this synth?

here's the original Revitar2 manual; https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwcfm9ziu77xi ... l.pdf?dl=0
Last edited by bob bobwood on Fri May 04, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

@asseca, would this compile with the VST 3 libraries too? I don't think that the 2.4 libraries are available anymore...

Thanks,
G
asseca wrote:I have just re-compiled to create both 32-bit and 64-bit versions: used VC2013 Express, so this is Windows-only

U-o wrote:I think that someone could create "guitar beast" from Revitar source with better GUI, more options and less CPU usage... maybe good idea for KVR DC 2014 contest.
I always really liked Revitar, but I could never get pitchbend to work with it. If someone can make it do pitchbend, it would be fantastic.

Photo_G wrote:@asseca, would this compile with the VST 3 libraries too? I don't think that the 2.4 libraries are available anymore...
asseca wrote:I have just re-compiled to create both 32-bit and 64-bit versions: used VC2013 Express, so this is Windows-only
The VST3 library still contains all the files needed to compile VST2.4 plugins.

Sweet!! Thanks!! I've got some learning to do...

Take care,
G

Photo_G wrote:Sweet!! Thanks!! I've got some learning to do...
BTW: this is still compiled with VSTGUI3.0 ... I am currently converting the editor-code to VSTGUI3.6 :wink:

asseca wrote:I have just re-compiled to create both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
Thank you!

Uploaded Revitar v2.13 for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions:
  • Download from here
  • MouseWheel support added.
  • VSTGUI3.6 implemented, but GDIPLUS still not working because of the method used to animate the vibrating strings.
  • Compiled with VC2013 Express, so this is Windows-only.
  • VSTSDK3 library still contains all the files needed to compile VST2.4 plugins.
[/list][/i]
Last edited by asseca on Mon May 26, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks

Hi Larry here (the original writer of Revitar, a long long time ago...)

This is awesome! Revitar lives! I haven't done a search for it in years, but figured I'd head over to KVR to see if anyone was still talking about it.

Sorry again for the sorry state of the code when I left it. Sounds like its been improved a bit (the remark on DelayEdit is embarrassing but oh so true :) Wish I could be a student again with more free time on my hands...

Is the code still pushing CPU limits? Perhaps some ideas for improving the sound would actually be feasible nowadays. Anyone try pushing the number of simulated points on the strings higher? The body of the guitar still needs serious work.

Good times.
Larry

scutter wrote:Hi Larry here (the original writer of Revitar, a long long time ago...)

This is awesome! Revitar lives! I haven't done a search for it in years, but figured I'd head over to KVR to see if anyone was still talking about it.

Sorry again for the sorry state of the code when I left it. Sounds like its been improved a bit (the remark on DelayEdit is embarrassing but oh so true :) Wish I could be a student again with more free time on my hands...

Is the code still pushing CPU limits? Perhaps some ideas for improving the sound would actually be feasible nowadays. Anyone try pushing the number of simulated points on the strings higher? The body of the guitar still needs serious work.

Good times.
Larry
Hi Larry. Is there a chance you might tweak it so that it recognizes and also transmits pitchbend information? It would be so great to have that working!!
Jim

Am I deaf or Revitar can't play chords in tempo? Or am I overlooked something?

@asseca: Thank you very much for an update. Finaly has Revitar mousewheel support.
yzcoruhT

Uploaded Revitar v2.15 for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions:
  • Download from here
  • NOTE: uses Shift+RightClick for learn MIDI CC, uses Ctrl+RightClick for remove MIDI CC, Ctrl+LeftClick to reset a knob's value to 0.5
  • Full MouseWheel and keyboard support added.
  • VSTGUI3.6 with GDIPLUS implemented, also now uses PNG images.
  • Compiled with VC2013 Express, so this is Windows-only.
  • VSTSDK3 library still contains all the files needed to compile VST2.4 plugins.
[/i]
Last edited by asseca on Mon May 26, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”