A few short PPG V3 demotracks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice demos, but why an overdrive FX unit on an emulation neither the hardware PPG or Wavecomputer had? We have other plugins for that.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Nice demos, but why an overdrive FX unit on an emulation neither the hardware PPG or Wavecomputer had? We have other plugins for that.
Why complain? You'll love the PPG when you try it out.I told you the fx were great before.There's tons of new stuff in PPG V3 and it's all good..better than good.

Rob

It's a useful addon, if thoughtfully used at lower amounts, not in excess like in my demos.

DocT wrote:It's a useful addon, if thoughtfully used at lower amounts, not in excess like in my demos.
Demos are just fine.... as usual :D

Rob

What's the CPU usage of this beast? :D

EvilDragon wrote:What's the CPU usage of this beast? :D
+1 -- Inquiring minds want to know!!!

If it's as good (or better) than Largo, then I'll be a VERY happy camper, as Largo just screams on my system.

(Literally AND figuratively. :hihi:)

I love the distortion types in Largo. Do you know anything if Largo's going to get overhauled again? Like they did it with 1.5. That was cool! ;)
Just let its Sound do the talking: http://www.synthmaster.com/

My demos were made on a 2,4 GHz Dual Core PC.

I hesitate to say more because it's very subjective to judge CPU usage or make reliable conclusions.

Well, what's the highest CPU usage you got from a single patch, and at what polyphony it was?

EDIT
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

EvilDragon wrote:Well, what's the highest CPU usage you got from a single patch, and at what polyphony it was?
Well, I'll create an 8-voice unsinon patch then with wavetable and transient usage, switch EQ, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, Reverb and Overdrive FX on and give you a percentage value then for comparison ;)

Or would an 8 voice unison / 8 layer multipart patch deliver a more useful result?

1 patch using all functionality @ 8 voices would be a good benchmark, yeah. Thanks!

Just adjust the voices aswell for each of the 8 parts Stefan..i think it's set at *29* PPG V3 is fine on my Q6600.
Cpu hit differs and it also depends if your set to Poly/Dual/Quad modes per part.
Cpu for me is lower than Largo.

Rob

I only care about sound quality, I hope they use all the cpu they can to make it as authentic as possible. True PPG mode sounds like it will be very juicy :o

EDIT
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”