Yamaha Polyphonic VL1- VSTInstrument Petition

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone interested in really good brass and woodwind patches should sign on.

Count me in!
"The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgement, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil." Solomon.

Me too!
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Here Here!
If it sounds good it is good.

ME TOOO !!!!

..oh..

I thought you meant the little VL-Tone with the micro keys and cheesy rhythms - now THAT would be a VSTi worth having!

DSP

No, Yamaha VL-1 engine supporting all samplerates and polyphonic for as many voices the PC can handle.

I'm all for a VL-1/7m VSTi. Not only that, but I would like to see something akin to vocaloid for acoustic instruments as well (using sample fragments, and intelligent sequencing of them to generate realistic playback of complex instruments).

I was just thinking about my old VL-Tone the other day and how much I miss it :)

Just to comment :

-i don't think it is necessarily helpfull to get polyphony with a VL kind of synth this because it has already, as monophonic instrument, many parameters to handle correctly before getting the best of such an instrument.

-Maybe it would be more sensible to hope for many monophonic lines in parrallel

8) 8)

Krakatau wrote:Just to comment :

-i don't think it is necessarily helpfull to get polyphony with a VL kind of synth this because it has already, as monophonic instrument, many parameters to handle correctly before getting the best of such an instrument.

8) 8)
Absolutely.. 1 is plenty :D

8) 8)
You are right. The original VL-1 had 2 voices. I think that this would be fine, seeing the type of instruments VL is designed to model, and that we can have multiple instances of VSTInstruments.

The VL code for WIN32 already exists in the Yamaha S-YXG100 plus since 1998.

electro wrote:

8) 8)
You are right. The original VL-1 had 2 voices. I think that this would be fine, seeing the type of instruments VL is designed to model, and that we can have multiple instances of VSTInstruments.

The VL code for WIN32 already exists in the Yamaha S-YXG100 plus since 1998.
Absolutely. Yamaha are holding out on this one for some reason. In fact their Sondius technology seems to have disappeared from their newer softsynths, i.e. those that work on NT based systems (natch) :shock:

griels wrote:...natch...
:-o

ponce

:lol:

Kriminal wrote:...natch...
Sorry, I know Windows 2000 is a bit ahead of the times for these parts, but I've seen enough of Scandisk for one lifetime, eh? :lol:

Return to “Instruments”