One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IrionDaRonin wrote:But what do you want to do with Facebook guys? A whole page? Or just a group?
The page will take time, the group just a couple of clicks.

Have a good day :)
I like the idea of an OSC Facebook page. It would be a nice way to showcase past winning tracks.

I notice there's a Music Award category when you create an Entertainment page - perhaps that would be appropriate?

satYatunes wrote:Sure. I can certainly help. Let me know if I can provide any assistance.
Cheers, let you know when the sites are scoped out and text/video etc ready for a promo round.

Also great with ideas for voting, and agree the scale vote idea could be the solution, but remember the majority wanted public voting in the last rules poll. (and the time it was polled before that)

The easiest and most practical would be if SoundCloud could implement a better competition page with scaled voting and sorted results etc as it would be virtually maintenance free and we could drop the voting form we use now, so let's try your suggestion Irion and petition SoundCloud to make a system first.

About Facebook, it seems there's no majority support for it so far, but the main issue still to overcome would anyway be to ensure a page's longevity, and with more work associated with admining there might be fewer willing to do it. I know from experience that just closing the site's news page helped quite a bit to keep the load down. My point is that if we start a FB page it should be kept as long as the competition exists and not left abondoned etc.

Using a new mp3 player on the site for the archived songs from OSC44 now, how do you like it compared to the old one?

It may be a bit clunkier, but has the advantage of being the one at Archive.org (just embedded) so song links will always work (and match the name of course), as the other player was a 3rd party one and playlist made manually with the chance of errors that entails.

Disadvantage is that the player or embed codes might be changed at some point in the future causing the site player to no longer work, the old one was stored together with the playlist at the site so almost guaranteed to always work for the future.

I like the new player

It looks better, which I'm sure makes it sound better too :D

Jon

Doc Jon wrote:I like the new player

It looks better, which I'm sure makes it sound better too :D

Jon
+1, the previous one was too small.

Nice player. Now i don't need to load "Javacrap" (Scripts) everytime i'm opening OSC website.

Have a good day :)

V'ger wrote:Using a new mp3 player on the site for the archived songs from OSC44 now, how do you like it compared to the old one?
Works on my phone (the old one doesn't) so I like it way more! :tu:

Doc Jon wrote:I like the new player
:tu:

Good player, I like it much better too!

But it has a bug that I (and probably only I) consider very serious: it messed up my nickname.

:)

Good you all like it, it's also easy to find the embed link for your songs there. (click the pillared building icon).

But interesting this won't need Java like the old one, all for the better though.

Sorry about the naming error AdagioCM, fixed now.

Thanks V'ger :)

Nice feature with the embedded link.

This player works on my Android tablet too, which is another added bonus.

Hey, what's going on... a bit dead around here?

I was just installing some software on my spare laptop, I decided to have nothing too fancy and keep it limited on purpose in other words so can take it with me can use for composing and just put some ideas down etc.

So, even though I have a full PRO version of Studio One V2, I decided to just install the free version on the laptop, which is pretty restricted in a way that you can't have third party VST's etc but you can have unlimited number of MIDI and audio tracks and all sorts of other goodies and it comes with some loops, instruments and other content.
The synth / sampler, that comes with: Presence it is fantastic, it has many presets (100) with various sounds and instruments and drum-kits and sounds good too. It has plenty parameters to fiddle and tweak the sounds: ADSR, LFO, delay, filters, reverb etc...

Where am I going with all this? well Studio One Free / Presence is perfect candidate for One Synth challenge, it is available to everyone, it is absolutely free and unlimited license (not a demo) it is very easy to use while you can be as creative as you like and it is fun.
Even the people that have the full version of the software can still enter and be equal, just have to use the one synth: Presence.

I think it is awesome and most important it is free ;)

But isn't it mostly a sample player?

Presence is an advanced sample player that enables you to play an enormous variety of sounds. Presence uses a native sound format packaged into Soundsets and can also load and play any SoundFont. The Soundsets include a wide variety of instruments, such as pianos, strings, horns, and percussion. These sounds can be extensively shaped using the built-in amplifier and modulation envelopes, a filter, and effects.

http://studioone.presonus.com/portfolio/presence/

angelremington wrote:can also load and play any SoundFont.
This, my friend will be a problem.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Instruments”