One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

will it be possible to use the LX version also?

That's payware, so I guess a little out of bounds..

Hey, How 'bout using http://www.audiotool.com/ for a comp? it's multi-platform as it's browser based, (not sure about linux) and has a bunch of cool tools, including fx. we could stipulate that the track be built completely within AudioTool for verification purposes. It could be a lot of fun and would be completely different.

I always get worried when a product's site can't even tell what it's about.. :|

V'ger wrote:I always get worried when a product's site can't even tell what it's about.. :|
http://www.audiotool.com/tutorials

V'ger wrote:I always get worried when a product's site can't even tell what it's about.. :|
c'm on man, try it, all your friends are doing it...

But this is a synth competition, as far as I can tell this is an online DAW with the only instrument a bassline machine which might even be a rompler?

There's also a decent polyphonic synth as I remember (it's been a while), and a couple of fun sequencing toys. we could limit it to the synth I suppose, but I thought it might be fun to do the whole thing minus the sample packs you can purchase.

just looked again, there's actually another synth they've added since I was last in there... we could pick one or just treat the whole thing as a synth, and use the drum and bass synths as well, we could have a vote about it.

With Computer Music Magazine (CM) now to be had for free with the Zinio $50 voucher, maybe it's time to finally do a CM competition?

Since the offer ends 31st January, we could have it for February.

Question is if we should decide on a specific CM synth from the latest issue, or just say any synth from the latest issue. What do you think?

I believe the latest issue is February (as it's sold in advance), and not sure exactly which synths are in it, but I think these:

XILS-lab PolyKB II CM
u-he Zebra CM
Synapse Audio Plucked String
Synapse Audio Dune CM
Rob Papen RG-Muted CM
LinPlug AlphaCM
Cableguys CurveCM
Big Tick RhinoCM

How does one get the Zinio voucher?

adagiocm wrote:How does one get the Zinio voucher?
here buddy:
http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website ... sts/308131

Cool, thank you!

Just to clarify, Computer Music Magazine comes with a DVD inside the wrapper containing a lot of goodies, but as of recently the magazine can be downloaded in its new digital format, and the contents on the DVD can be had as a download as well. The magazine is released by Zinio.

Even without the voucher, the normal cost for a downloadable CM (including content) is $5 so it's a very good deal.

So what say you all? Shall we do a CM One-Synth-Challenge?

V'ger wrote:Just to clarify, Computer Music Magazine comes with a DVD inside the wrapper containing a lot of goodies, but as of recently the magazine can be downloaded in its new digital format, and the contents on the DVD can be had as a download as well. The magazine is released by Zinio.

Even without the voucher, the normal cost for a downloadable CM (including content) is $5 so it's a very good deal.

So what say you all? Shall we do a CM One-Synth-Challenge?
yes, definitely :)

Return to “Instruments”