One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello,
it's been sometime since I participated but I was enjoying some of the previous entries.
just to clarify, it is ok to use off-board fx now?
So in addition to this month's synth Ragnarok, I could use ArcDev et-310 (Delay), Loudmax (limiter) and Epicverb, but a chorus would nto be acceptable?
Thanks.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:hello,
it's been sometime since I participated but I was enjoying some of the previous entries.
just to clarify, it is ok to use off-board fx now?
So in addition to this month's synth Ragnarok, I could use ArcDev et-310 (Delay), Loudmax (limiter) and Epicverb, but a chorus would nto be acceptable?
Thanks.
Yep! All those look just fine. You can use all the FX included in your DAW and any freely available FX (e.g. freeware, not commercial, not discontinued, etc...) as long as they don't conflict with any of the other rules (e.g. no modulation).

Look forward to hearing your submission. :)

Cheers!

ouroboros wrote:So in addition to this month's synth Ragnarok, I could use ArcDev et-310
Ragnarök does love some ET-301 on it's sounds :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

:D
..what goes around comes around..

I have another grey area question... I just saw on Presonus's site that the Softube Saturation Knob is now free to all S1 users. Does it count as a DAW plugin? I'd love to use it in x64 in place of 32-bit only TAL or VOS plugs.

psmacmur wrote:I have another grey area question... I just saw on Presonus's site that the Softube Saturation Knob is now free to all S1 users. Does it count as a DAW plugin? I'd love to use it in x64 in place of 32-bit only TAL or VOS plugs.
My vote would be yes. It's provided by the manufacturer of the DAW, free of charge to all users of the DAW. That pretty much classifies it similarly to the effects included in the DAW distribution...

z.prime wrote:
psmacmur wrote:I have another grey area question... I just saw on Presonus's site that the Softube Saturation Knob is now free to all S1 users. Does it count as a DAW plugin? I'd love to use it in x64 in place of 32-bit only TAL or VOS plugs.
My vote would be yes. It's provided by the manufacturer of the DAW, free of charge to all users of the DAW. That pretty much classifies it similarly to the effects included in the DAW distribution...
+1

I'd say it's the same as some DAWs having VST plugins bundled that work only in that particular DAW. They are plugins, but they do belong to the DAW package.

So +1 from me too 8)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

This is great news, because my experiments suggest that lots of Ragnarök Overdrive plus a little Soft Tube Saturation make for some compelling leads and basses that really "cut through the mix", as they like to say.

Hi Guys, hope your all good :hug:

Just dropped by and thought I let you know my OSC Track "You Wind Me Up (like Clockwork)" made with the free TAL-BASSLINE is been played on Tom Robinson's BBC Radio 6 show "BBC Introducing mixtape" http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v5gtl in the next couple of hours. I did send them some info with a mention about this comp. but unfortunately it's edited out :roll: http://freshonthenet.co.uk/2014/12/mixtape20141215/

Anyway wanted to show you proof that our OSC tracks are worthy of radio air play, cause OSC full of talented folk :tu:

chilledpanda wrote:... my OSC Track "You Wind Me Up (like Clockwork)" made with the free TAL-BASSLINE is been played on Tom Robinson's BBC Radio 6 show "BBC Introducing mixtape" http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v5gtl in the next couple of hours...
Nice! Congrats.

chilledpanda wrote: Just dropped by and thought I let you know my OSC Track "You Wind Me Up (like Clockwork)" made with the free TAL-BASSLINE is been played on Tom Robinson's BBC Radio 6 show "BBC Introducing mixtape"
Nice work man! :hug: :hug: Feel free to post your song in future, I'll paste it here

https://soundcloud.com/chilled-panda/ch ... azy-65-mix

chilledpanda wrote:Hi Guys, hope your all good :hug:

Just dropped by and thought I let you know my OSC Track "You Wind Me Up (like Clockwork)" made with the free TAL-BASSLINE is been played on Tom Robinson's BBC Radio 6 show "BBC Introducing mixtape"
Congrats, that's fantastic! :tu: :clap:

Hey guys, this is an epic (Free) release by fellow OSCers Animehaus and Telurica: Full EP Download Here
https://soundcloud.com/animehaus/sets/a ... e-incident

Lots of beautiful synth work here. Congrats guys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

@bjporter - What a nice surprise to have our EP shared here: thanks a lot! :hug:

Return to “Instruments”