One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Where can we find more info about 64klang?
64klang2. There´s not much info yet. It´s a demoscene vsti for doing
"executable" music on windows computers.
It´s fully modular and has a lot of little modules. There is standard
stuff like filters / oscillators / noise / compressor / sfx.
But also a bowed string / glitch / formula module.
Rounded up with a nice arpeggiator :)
Everything you´ve listening to is a single instance of the vsti
without post-processing or external mastering.

Some patches i created lately:
https://soundcloud.com/virgill/granular ... l-modeling

https://soundcloud.com/virgill/64klang2 ... eling-test

and another executable music (13.6kb with synth+player)
https://soundcloud.com/virgill/binary-rhapsody

I´ll keep you updated when the synth will be released to the public.

Really interesting synth :tu:
virgill wrote: ...
I´ll keep you updated when the synth will be released to the public.

Thanks, please do :)

Hi Virgill,

Any Estimated Time Arrival on this ?

Will that be free same as 4Klang ?

What type of synthesis does 64Klang2 use, .. linear synthesis ? Same as in Roland D series synths (D-10, D-50), where only attack phase of sound was sample/wavetable based and rest was synthesized basing on that ?

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom
You can build your own synthesis.
It´s completely modular. Like NI Reaktor.
And i think it will be free.. ;)

Here are some more experimental patches:
https://soundcloud.com/virgill/64klang2 ... e-modeling

I'm going to create a poll for which potential synths can be used for OSC. There are so many really good ones out there to choose from, I find it odd that sometimes when these anomalies show. Only rule is it's one that hasn't been chosen yet. So far the top of my list would be t-force alpha plus and trance drive. Post here a synth you want to be included in the thread or I'll just post all my favorites. I'll try to include all the best ones I know of and the most popular ones. Maybe we can start a democratic process for which synth is selected each month.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

No one (well not many more than one, anyway) seems to agree with me but I still really think Atlantis deserves to make an appearance in OSC. ;)

C'mon, what's sexier than Randomize buttons and convenient modulation on every parameter?

Well I could get down with 64klangs though for sure. Sounds sweet. :)

Tjgoa wrote:I'm going to create a poll for which potential synths can be used for OSC. There are so many really good ones out there to choose from, I find it odd that sometimes when these anomalies show. Only rule is it's one that hasn't been chosen yet. So far the top of my list would be t-force alpha plus and trance drive. Post here a synth you want to be included in the thread or I'll just post all my favorites. I'll try to include all the best ones I know of and the most popular ones. Maybe we can start a democratic process for which synth is selected each month.
Current democratic status (as voted on a while back) is: Synth is chosen as a surprise each month (for various reasons - like no cheating, keeping things fresh, etc. The idea was having a list could allow people to game the system). The same synth is not a requirement, but new synths are nice. Remember, this is a challenge, and also, not everyone likes every synth, nor are they compatible with everyone's system. :)

We had synth elections before at the end of the month, but there were few participants, and a lot of complaining. This system works well so far. All of the synths used (besides maybe xj-flexoid?) are recommended by osc members in the discussion forum or PM, or new update/release.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

foxAsteria wrote:No one (well not many more than one, anyway) seems to agree with me but I still really think Atlantis deserves to make an appearance in OSC. ;)

C'mon, what's sexier than Randomize buttons and convenient modulation on every parameter?

Well I could get down with 64klangs though for sure. Sounds sweet. :)
People have been talking about this for ages in OSC. I'll have another go. Does anyone else have problems with this one?

Just been having a look at Atlantis. Seems to work fine on my system - cubase 7.5, works in 32 bit and 64bit does not crash the bridge like some synths of this age. multiple instances seem to be ok.
The screenshot uses the Limeflavour custom skin - took a few minutes to find this in the KVR forums, and it is an improvement on the original.
Got some really exciting sounds using the random generator - this could be lots of fun :D

Ah yes, duh, it makes a lot of sense to have a surprise synth, of course! I kinda thought about that potential dilemma, too, already. :dog:
Hmmm, I'm sure you all have been talking about a "theme" option, too, and ended up dismissing it, I suppose?! :shrug:
I would, however, find that kind of exciting, too, having a theme along with a synth. That would certainly make it more challenging with a greater potential to avoid "cheating" on top. It also would push people to broaden their horizon, too, or coax out things their style could create beyond what the artist might've thought possible!? :)
Imagine themes like:
- dance (happy)
- dance (angry)
- chillout
- romance
- nightmare
- folklore ( :lol: )
- dreamy pop
- hardrock
- drama score
- comedy score
- suspense score
- horror score
- mystery score
- trap
- hiphop
...and so on...

Anyway, just some thoughts, and I'm sure I just missed that old discussion, of course. But just in case... :shrug:

May I add: HOLY CRAP! Atlantis is pretty freaking amazing! He's got so many things in there that I thought about for my own, too, it's fascinating! This thing seems like it deserves a 2 month challenge, hahaha, it's got staggering potential for sure!
Thus far no problems with jbridge on 64bit either. Yeah, sure, I'd love it, if he compiled a 64bit version, too, but man... awesome beast!
:hyper: :hail:

I had Atlantis installed at one point but it just doesn't work well on a 64 bit system which is a shame because I really loved that synth.

If we go with it for the next osc I'll really have to sit that one out. I can't go through another month like the past few with all these 32 bit nightmares. And this month's OB emulation has been a surprising PITA, which is why I still haven't submitted a track yet.

When these stop being fun because synths don't work right, it's time to move on and do something else with your free time.

Maybe you should try the latest beta of it, because it seems to run nicely on my win7 64bit system (using MuLab, of course). It shows no problems, when the OR2v was already freaking out, hehe.

Taron wrote:Maybe you should try the latest beta of it, because it seems to run nicely on my win7 64bit system (using MuLab, of course). It shows no problems, when the OR2v was already freaking out, hehe.
There's an Atlantis beta? Is it 64 bit? If not, why bother?

Because of what I wrote above! :shrug: ...seems to work well jbridged.

Return to “Instruments”