One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SoundGoddess wrote:Hmm so is Image-Line Maximus now considered a "DAW" effect?

I would like to use it on my projects too but I thought it would be considered an external effect...I mean it runs as a standalone VST on other DAWs besides FL Studio. But then so do Reaplugs. But at least Reaplugs are freeware whereas you have to own FL to get Maximus.

Can I use Maximus in the challenge or not? I'm not using FL Studio as my primary DAW. But people use multiple DAWs sometimes on these challenges so how is that different than using an FL plugin in a Bitwig project?

Sorry if I'm being nitpicky, I'm just confused on how this sort of thing is handled since it seems like a bit of a gray area.
I think that's perfectly fine if you bought FL studio and it came with Maximus :)

bjporter wrote:I think that's perfectly fine if you bought FL studio and it came with Maximus :)
Alright thanks for the clarification, yeah it came bundled with FL when I upgraded. I may have to update my song with Maximus today then, it just sounds good, LOL :D
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Greetings to all KVR members and OSC enthusiast...!!

I am newbie here.. I need some :help:

Can I get some idea of how to vote...? I've participated in latest OSC and soon voting will start. So I would like to be ready. :-)

Best of luck to participants. Waiting for next challenge.

Thanks.
Dee.P.Tree

Once voting starts, the dedicated page for the OSC will have the "VOTE HERE!" link right on top.
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-78-or-2
(I would just bookmark that one!)

Once you click on it, it takes you to a voting website, where you have to register or login, if you had done that already.
Once you're ready to vote, you'll see all the tracks on the right side and point fields on the left (5, 4, 3, 2 and 1).
Find your own track and move it into 1.
The listen through all the tracks and drag them to the amount of points you feel they should go according to your opinion.
There have been various discussions about the method of voting you choose. You can think of yourself as a judge and rate the songs with the points or consider yourself a voter to decide which song deserves to win (5 pnts), which deserve a chance to win (4 pnts), which should be the middle of the pack (3 pnts), which should get a push (2 pnts) and which you really, really do not like or appreciate (1 pnts).

At the end all the tracks should be spread into the point fields and none should be left on the right side. You may then refresh the page to make sure it all worked out and your tracks are all nested firmly in the point fields.

Finally! I think waveforms for synthesis should always be mathematically generated unless it is explicitly wavetables. That provides much greater potential for all sorts of wild things without compromising the sound quality. I'm excited to test it out! :tu:

I can confirm this is beefy....

Just looked at archetype website,the arc 5 looks interesting too for 50 bucks,gonna try the demo out

http://www.archetype-instruments.com/products.html

Ok, this synth (Lokomotiv) would be the almost totally perfect OSC, I have no doubt of that. This thing is freaking, freaking fantastic. And they couldn't have done any better advertising for their synths, honestly. Once you play with it, it is obviously simplified, making you recognize the power of it and making you beg for more in just the right way. I love it! They are totally after my own heart for that sort of thing! :hyper:

It's my favorite free synth already, I think. Get those guys to sponsor an OSC with one of their full-on synth as price! ;) :wheee:

Hehe, seems there is a lokomotiv craze running. Last night I pm'd bj with the same suggestion. :D Synth is really good sounding (the distortion is killer!). Having a little trouble with kick, seems for this you'd have to go the full res route and split kick into parts. Other than that, it's a beautiful one. Would still like to see the t-force though. It sounds much better still and some of the best kicks I've heard syntheisized. Honeslty, for certain sounds its one of the best synths period (free or paid). Stunned there isn't an osc for it yet.. Either of these two choices though, we be very good :D Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

whhoooaaaat? No, no, no, no, you must explore the synth a little more. It's easy to overlook the bottom oscillator levels, for example, and the one shot LFO options (ramp) on pitch, for example. Just use the third osc on sine, turn all others to 0, lfo on pitch with one shot, work with env on filter a little to maybe even add some noise at the attack and you get killer super juicy kicks right off the bet! 8-)

Thanks for that tip Taron. I got everything except the one shot ramp lfo. However, using your method and not getting any good kicks. It seems the pitch lfo has no effect turned either direction. A bug? Care to share a patch, doesn't have to be good, just something resembling a kick in the least so I can see if maybe its a bug in orion?

edit* got the pitch to work by trying it out on a different preset. Seems the lfo has no effect on some patches at all? Still nothing good from the go though. Sound like it still have to be layerd?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Ah, busy right now, but in an hour for sure! Oh...I think i saved the quick accidental kick...hold on.
Ah, watch out with the filters, because if those are down, you won't really hear the oscillator, of course! I just checked it real quick. The kick I saved was just based on filters, so I added a second kick with 3rd osc and more obvious pitch. Just change the speed to check it out!

So, yeah, watch the filters, they're mighty and hungry, haha, swallowing the whole sound, if you let them! :D

Man, I love this thing. Anyway, those examples are literally 2 minutes into playing with this for the first time and are not refined whatsoever. Consider them merely a coarse inspiration, of course. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh, one more possibility I forgot... lfo on filter with noise only. That might offer most control?! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Taron on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p6224667

lol, you guys already have kicks going. Definitely agree with Tjgoa / Taron on this. I even wanted to do a Arc 5 contest one month. Let's see if we can get any goodies for this one.

:shock: :o ... YES ... YES... YAHAAAA! :hyper: :wheee:
THANKS, BJ!!! :tu: :party:

Return to “Instruments”