One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, looky over there in "News"... apparently Oxe FM now has automation support (as well as x64)... :D
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Taron wrote:Once voting starts, the dedicated page for the OSC will have the "VOTE HERE!" link right on top.
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-78-or-2
(I would just bookmark that one!)

Once you click on it, it takes you to a voting website, where you have to register or login, if you had done that already.
Once you're ready to vote, you'll see all the tracks on the right side and point fields on the left (5, 4, 3, 2 and 1).
Find your own track and move it into 1.
The listen through all the tracks and drag them to the amount of points you feel they should go according to your opinion.
There have been various discussions about the method of voting you choose. You can think of yourself as a judge and rate the songs with the points or consider yourself a voter to decide which song deserves to win (5 pnts), which deserve a chance to win (4 pnts), which should be the middle of the pack (3 pnts), which should get a push (2 pnts) and which you really, really do not like or appreciate (1 pnts).

At the end all the tracks should be spread into the point fields and none should be left on the right side. You may then refresh the page to make sure it all worked out and your tracks are all nested firmly in the point fields.
Thanks for replying. Will follow these instructions...

@Taron can you post your kicks to the new thread? ~ http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6224667
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Any guesses for next OSC synth...? Oxe FM synth..? :?:

Probably a "special" OSC with MUX (and possibly MuLab?)

I have what I think is a brilliant idea for a future OSC. A 2 synth challenge with this being one of them.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=445981

There are many ways we could go about doing this. I'm sure KVR will pick the best way.

Some suggestions.

1) An "any synth" challenge, as long as the synth is freely available and, in addition to that synth, Plogue for vocals.

2) A specific synth in addition to Plogue is chosen.

In either case, Plogue has to be featured prominently in the track, either as vocal FX or as a lead vocal.

This would give songwriters a chance to show off their lyrical skills as well as their composition skills.

This is one OSC I would be excited enough to enter even though I am pretty much burnt out by my constant poor showings. But this one would make how I finished irrelevant because this would really get my juices going.

I hope KVR would seriously consider this. I think it would get a lot of would be song writers very excited about the OSC and my gut tells me we would have more entries than ever before.

That looks like fun. And I have all these lyrics jotted down in my phone with no outlet, too!

It might work best as 1), 'any' free synth plus Plogue. I expect encoding the vocals would be time-consuming, plus the backing track would take as much time as a regular OSC. To make it feasible in a month, it'd be best to avoid all the difficult synths... and "difficult" is very personal (as we saw in the other thread).

Or maybe it's possible to get beatbox sounds out of Plogue, then it could be a true OSC with *just* Plogue...
like this maybe :clown:

psmacmur wrote:That looks like fun. And I have all these lyrics jotted down in my phone with no outlet, too!

It might work best as 1), 'any' free synth plus Plogue. I expect encoding the vocals would be time-consuming, plus the backing track would take as much time as a regular OSC. To make it feasible in a month, it'd be best to avoid all the difficult synths... and "difficult" is very personal (as we saw in the other thread).

Or maybe it's possible to get beatbox sounds out of Plogue, then it could be a true OSC with *just* Plogue...
like this maybe :clown:
Actually, with what I've played around with Plogue, vocals should be very easy to do. The interface is very intuitive, even for a technical dunce like me.

A 'One Sample Challenge' would also be cool. We're given one small sample and with that we need to create a whole song, creating sounds by looping small portions of the sample. Most DAW's have a built in sampler nowadays, so it should be no problem.

Reefius wrote:A 'One Sample Challenge' would also be cool. We're given one small sample and with that we need to create a whole song, creating sounds by looping small portions of the sample. Most DAW's have a built in sampler nowadays, so it should be no problem.
psmacmur wrote:Probably a "special" OSC with MUX (and possibly MuLab?)
I haven't tried MUX but their site says that it can launch our samples also. If MUX is the next one.. It would be great experience next month. It says:
MUX Modular is a high-quality and flexible modular synth and effect plug-in.

MUX Modular can be a vintage synthesizer or a hi-tec sample player, it can be a multi-band compressor or a stereo reverb, and it can be so much more... You can do almost anything with it!

MUX Modular is integrated into MuLab and is also available as a VST plug-in for Windows. (Mac version planned)
If it's chosen... Mac users will shout.. :wink:

As wagtunes mentions.. If anything related to voice/speech synths comes...in future that would be also great fun to try out.

But one question... It's not free so how is it possible to use it the way members would wish to use? It has limitations in demo version.

Dee.P.Tree wrote:But one question... It's not free so how is it possible to use it the way members would wish to use? It has limitations in demo version.
Yes it is free. I downloaded it and it's fully functioning.

Plouge's alter/ego and one voice bank is free but MUX is not. Am I right?

Are the Stillwell / Schwa plugins (no expiring trials) allowed?

e@rs wrote:Are the Stillwell / Schwa plugins (no expiring trials) allowed?
I believe these should be considered demos and although they're not technically expiring, in that they can be used after the trial period, they are actually time limited. Same as with Reaper.
However, many of these plugins are also available as jesusonic scripts although they are earlier versions so the algorithms is probably not exactly the same.

Return to “Instruments”