One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATN69 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Then I must figure out another way :roll:
DCAM Freecomp is a free bus compressor from FXpansion. You have to create an account to get it but it is free :tu:

Details:
https://www.fxpansion.com/products/dcamfreecomp/

H-man wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Then I must figure out another way :roll:
DCAM Freecomp is a free bus compressor from FXpansion. You have to create an account to get it but it is free :tu:

Details:
https://www.fxpansion.com/products/dcamfreecomp/
Thanks for the tip! :hug: ..I already have Geist so I do have an account. Obviously I missed this Freecomp. I will check it out.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

What about the rights for the submitted songs? Can I distribute my entries on Bandcamp, iTunes etc. as usual or are there any restrictions when entering the contest?

Darksynth FX wrote:What about the rights for the submitted songs? Can I distribute my entries on Bandcamp, iTunes etc. as usual or are there any restrictions when entering the contest?
Only real thing is you will have the track is archived with the rest of the entries. You have full rights to the track, otherwise, though, to do whatever you like.

From searching this thread I understood that convolution reverb is generally ok. So now my question is about the impulse response files used. There are free available ones (which should be OK then), then there are donate-ware ones (you can download a package of dozens of ir files for one dollar) and of course commercial ones.

So 1st and 3rd seem to be clear for me, not so much number two. There is a large library on the internet that used to be free up to last year, now they collect a minimum donation of 1 USD for each set. So anyone who downloaded them last year can use them? What about "today"?

I can't find anything about the license of the samples on the website or in the downloaded package, so I guess one could - in case one needs to hand over the DAW files to a juror - pass that one or two used IR files as well, as long as the juror does not use or redistribute them afterwards.

lentferj wrote:From searching this thread I understood that convolution reverb is generally ok. So now my question is about the impulse response files used. There are free available ones (which should be OK then), then there are donate-ware ones (you can download a package of dozens of ir files for one dollar) and of course commercial ones.
Keeping it simple is a good guide. Anything freely available now should be fine.

+1 for the Bro Challange :tu: :hug: :party:

I must admit it would be interesting to team up with someone else but at the same time I get some flash backs from the school time. I was not super sporty when I was a kid even though I did a lot of sports. I wasn't good at everything. Every sport including a ball of some kind was not my kind of sport really. And the result was I was chosen among the last when the team was picked out :P ..so that's the flashback.

I also see some other issues like DAW, time zone (we do live in different parts of the world) and how to divide the work? But having said this, I still think its interesting. It would be a chance to look into how other people make music, learn new stuff from others, etc. I am not sure I would join it though because I don't want to let anyone down and I have a full time job. ..still I love the idea :)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Maybe such a contest should run a bit longer to make it a bit more manageable for people with busy schedules.

Anyone have a chance to play around with Helm? It looks like he's fixed some of my major issues.

Gang, test it out if you can and report back: http://tytel.org/helm/direct_downloads/

bjporter wrote:Anyone have a chance to play around with Helm? It looks like he's fixed some of my major issues.
I have, a bit. I actually worked with the developer (Matt) to get one of the issues I found sorted out (reported earlier in this thread). I thought it was a lot more widespread, but it just happened to be on the first control I tried and I assumed it was more, as there was a separate issue that made it LOOK like the issue was widespread, but the GUI was updating in a way that looked the same but the audio engine was actually working. I didn't find much else wrong with it yet. I did figure out how to build the OSX version myself, though. :-D Also, I think Matt made a change to the way the real-time values display at my recommendation (it was averaging all voices instead of just showing the last one), which might help solve some issues where it looks unlike you'd expect it to.

I'm glad your issues are sorted out... :pray:

0.5 , 0.6 (phones home for updates) and 0.7 (creates a folder called patches on my C drive) are very unstable on my system :( which is too bad because I really like what this vst can do.

32bit vst on windows 7 (64bit) in a 32 bit Host 8)

Yeager wrote:0.5 , 0.6 (phones home for updates) and 0.7 (creates a folder called patches on my C drive) are very unstable on my system :( which is too bad because I really like what this vst can do.

32bit vst on windows 7 (64bit) in a 32 bit Host 8)
Did you try 0.81?

So is it a good guess that Helm will be the next synth for OSC89? :D

Return to “Instruments”