Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
nickamandote
KVRist

396 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby nickamandote; Thu May 18, 2017 7:42 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

wagtunes wrote:
nickamandote wrote:To solve all problems once for good everyone shouldn't be able to vote for his own track at all - that means 0 points. So no matter if he gives 1 to the rest it's still more than his own. There you go problem solved now back to music :D

It doesn't matter what one gives himself. When BJ counts the points, he assigns 1 point for each self vote so it's immaterial.

Then another solution is: if we have 20 tracks people can assign votes from 1 to 20 but each vote can be assigned only to one song. If we have 30 songs people vote from 1 to 30 each song can only get one vote value between 1 and 30... how about this one, so we basically need to make our own top with all songs.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8717 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 18, 2017 7:56 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
nickamandote wrote:To solve all problems once for good everyone shouldn't be able to vote for his own track at all - that means 0 points. So no matter if he gives 1 to the rest it's still more than his own. There you go problem solved now back to music :D

It doesn't matter what one gives himself. When BJ counts the points, he assigns 1 point for each self vote so it's immaterial.

Then another solution is: if we have 20 tracks people can assign votes from 1 to 20 but each vote can be assigned only to one song. If we have 30 songs people vote from 1 to 30 each song can only get one vote value between 1 and 30... how about this one, so we basically need to make our own top with all songs.

Okay, that is just total insanity. I won't even address all the reasons why.
nickamandote
KVRist

396 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Postby nickamandote; Thu May 18, 2017 7:58 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

wagtunes wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

then let's just keep it like it is and ignore the trolls by giving them 1 point. problem solved!
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 18, 2017 8:02 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

then let's just keep it like it is and ignore the trolls by giving them 1 point. problem solved!

It isn't that simple. But I have neither the time nor inclination to hash this all out again, especially since I am so done with these disasters.

I'll let those who are still going to do these deal with the nonsense.
ThePresent
KVRist

336 posts since 17 Dec, 2013, from The Netherlands

Postby ThePresent; Thu May 18, 2017 8:07 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

wagtunes wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

We had a system like that with osc60 but went back to the current system as fast as we could
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 18, 2017 8:08 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

ThePresent wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
nickamandote wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

We had a system like that with osc60 but went back to the current system as fast as we could

I wonder why. :roll:
574X
KVRist

140 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Postby 574X; Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

RichardSemper wrote:
574X wrote:I like sine waves. 8)

Sine waves can be a bit dull :zzz: unless multiplied together. :singer:
I really like squares, with the edges clipped off. :wheee:

Ah, maybe you are viewing sine waves in the wrong octave? :wink:
A thunderous mono sub sine wave will vibrate an entire massive festival crowd like none other! 8)

It's refreshing to have a sexy, curvy wave :o that doesn't necessitate a low pass filter like other waves often do. :phew:

A vintage Steinway I often play appears on the spectrum almost exactly like a sine wave. :idea: An envelope that emphasizes the transient of the sinewave with a bit of ambient release is quite a polyphonic wonder. And with a slow attack, it becomes a lush pad, especially in detuned unison.

Have you enjoyed the portamento and pitch envelopes which can create all types of wondrous glissandos, some fast enough to become lazer gun-like sounds in a high register, while becoming snare and bass drum fundamentals, in the lower octaves? :love:
574X
KVRist

140 posts since 25 Aug, 2016

Postby 574X; Thu May 18, 2017 8:42 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

TrojakEW wrote:"Someone mention in #98 thhread that Zebra wins. I do not agree with this statement"

:lol:
I agree with your disagreement.
rghvdberg
KVRian

636 posts since 11 Mar, 2014, from Netherlands

Postby rghvdberg; Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Gotta say this :
There used to be a time I was very proud of the osc and actively promote it in my Linux music community. The behaviour of some people lately has stopped that. When I browse through the forum I'm ashamed.

I'm not even sure if I'm bothered enough to continue the Spotify thing. :(
Full Bucket
KVRist

418 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

rghvdberg wrote:Gotta say this :
There used to be a time I was very proud of the osc and actively promote it in my Linux music community. The behaviour of some people lately has stopped that. When I browse through the forum I'm ashamed.

I'm not even sure if I'm bothered enough to continue the Spotify thing.

Grow up people.

Typically I do not participate in such debates but let me say this:

I do believe in the OSC and the OSC participants & supporters (bjporters :hihi:).
There are so many more nice, gentle, and really creative folks here than just the few petulant kids... you just don't hear them that loud (which is in the nature of the game).
The only real problem I have with the "trolls" (not sure they really are, though) is that it's getting harder nowadays to scan the OSC threads because of the number of spammy posts (hmmm... like this, I have to admit 8)).

So keep up the good spirit, Rob, and all of you guys!

Cheers, Björn
rghvdberg
KVRian

Postby rghvdberg; Thu May 18, 2017 10:54 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

I agree with you Bjorn.

Bjporter must wear an armor of elephant skin to put up with all this shit.
RichardSemper
KVRist

382 posts since 30 Oct, 2013, from Stoke On Trent

Postby RichardSemper; Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Suggestion:
When you get fed up or jaded with the negative and bs posts around here -

Go and listen to Bzur and Photonic entries for OSC98. :hail:

These will be a good reminder of why many of us participate here: an aspiration to achieve this level of quality in our music making!

At the side of this, arguments about who voted what or however :bang: pale to insignificance, the occasional spat over rules, voting etc are kind of inevitable on an open forum, and not really what is important imo.

The journey is more important than the destination, and there are many kind and friendly souls here, willing to put themselves out to help fellow OSCers. :hug:

I find the challenge itself kind of addictive, the company is generally good, and the payoff at the end is another completed track, more things learned and some more good examples to follow. :wheee:
Play on :band2:
http://www.richardsemper.com/
When was the Last Time you did something for the First Time.
Full Bucket
KVRist

418 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Fri May 19, 2017 12:13 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

RichardSemper wrote:Suggestion:[...]

+1, totally agree! :tu:

Cheers Björn
RichardSemper
KVRist

382 posts since 30 Oct, 2013, from Stoke On Trent

Postby RichardSemper; Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Which reminds me... How about the Qyooo for OSC? I can't wait to give this one a go!

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-qyo ... ic/details
http://www.richardsemper.com/
When was the Last Time you did something for the First Time.
rghvdberg
KVRian

Postby rghvdberg; Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

RichardSemper wrote:Which reminds me... How about the Qyooo for OSC? I can't wait to give this one a go!

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-qyo ... ic/details

YES YES YES

we need a One Full Bucket Challenge ;-)

for people using a Mac ... buy a pc ;-)
for people using linux ... airwave
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments