Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
photonic
KVRian

519 posts since 5 Mar, 2011, from Austria

Postby photonic; Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

On the german website Amazona is a ranking of the top 50 freeware synths (or at least what they mean are the top 50). It is all in german, but you see the screenshot and a link to the websites for download.
There are a lot of synths we never had in the OSC. On a lot of them I never notived before. Maybe some for coming months?

Look at: https://www.amazona.de/top-50-freeware- ... izer-2017/
soundcloud.com/photonic-1
Frostline
KVRist

156 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Postby Frostline; Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

I browsed the link, thank you for providing it.
Very cool to see Taron's initial offering make the top 50. :tu:
Looks like Full Bucket is well represented too, which is nice. :phones:

It seems like the majority are windows only, which is somewhat of an issue lately. Or they are a rompler of some type. I feel bad for those who like to participate but are on an AU only DAW. :(

There have been a few repeat synths used in the past. Personally I don't have an issue with that, but that is probably because I have not been participating long enough to experience the synths the first time through. I know there have been a couple during my time here that I would not wish to revisit. :hyper:

I liked the look of many of the list that were both VSTi/AU but all have been used before for OSC. Maybe a couple of those that have not been used in a couple of years could be tried again like Crystal or Kairatune. Or there was daHornet which I didn't notice in the previous OSC list. Disclaimer: I have no personal knowledge of those synths, just saw they are win/mac and have not been used in quite some time, if ever. Might be they are terrible, I have no idea. But they were on that top 50 list so figure they must be halfway decent anyway. :shrug:
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700
generaldiomedes
KVRist

144 posts since 14 Apr, 2017

Postby generaldiomedes; Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:13 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

I think a lot more of them are 64-bit than the article is saying
mehum
KVRist

406 posts since 24 Feb, 2015, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby mehum; Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:21 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Just noticed Fathom on the front page of Instruments and there's a free version that's monophonic. Tried it out for ten minutes and it certainly has potential and would be interesting for an OSC.

https://www.fathomsynth.com/
Local Man
KVRist

39 posts since 30 May, 2017

Postby Local Man; Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Frostline wrote:It seems like the majority are windows only, which is somewhat of an issue lately. Or they are a rompler of some type. I feel bad for those who like to participate but are on an AU only DAW. :(

Speaking of which, may I suggest the Full Bucket Music FB-3100 for the next (or some future) OSC since it is now available for mac! :pray: I just started participating in this contest recently and so far the only mac compatible synths have been Spiral Generator and Noisetar. Very fun and cool synths but gruelling for this kind of work (I am all for a good challenge but something a bit more traditional would be fun for a change). Some good old fashioned oscillators and filters would be so refreshing at this point! :)
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments