Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
photonic
KVRian

513 posts since 5 Mar, 2011, from Austria

Postby photonic; Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 am Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

On the german website Amazona is a ranking of the top 50 freeware synths (or at least what they mean are the top 50). It is all in german, but you see the screenshot and a link to the websites for download.
There are a lot of synths we never had in the OSC. On a lot of them I never notived before. Maybe some for coming months?

Look at: https://www.amazona.de/top-50-freeware- ... izer-2017/
soundcloud.com/photonic-1
Frostline
KVRist

148 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Postby Frostline; Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

I browsed the link, thank you for providing it.
Very cool to see Taron's initial offering make the top 50. :tu:
Looks like Full Bucket is well represented too, which is nice. :phones:

It seems like the majority are windows only, which is somewhat of an issue lately. Or they are a rompler of some type. I feel bad for those who like to participate but are on an AU only DAW. :(

There have been a few repeat synths used in the past. Personally I don't have an issue with that, but that is probably because I have not been participating long enough to experience the synths the first time through. I know there have been a couple during my time here that I would not wish to revisit. :hyper:

I liked the look of many of the list that were both VSTi/AU but all have been used before for OSC. Maybe a couple of those that have not been used in a couple of years could be tried again like Crystal or Kairatune. Or there was daHornet which I didn't notice in the previous OSC list. Disclaimer: I have no personal knowledge of those synths, just saw they are win/mac and have not been used in quite some time, if ever. Might be they are terrible, I have no idea. But they were on that top 50 list so figure they must be halfway decent anyway. :shrug:
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700
generaldiomedes
KVRist

110 posts since 14 Apr, 2017

Postby generaldiomedes; Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:13 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

I think a lot more of them are 64-bit than the article is saying
mehum
KVRist

394 posts since 24 Feb, 2015, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby mehum; Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:21 pm Re: One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

Just noticed Fathom on the front page of Instruments and there's a free version that's monophonic. Tried it out for ten minutes and it certainly has potential and would be interesting for an OSC.

https://www.fathomsynth.com/
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments