One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

functionform wrote:The trend is to use free synths.
Sorry ?

What about these OSC ?

Were they free synths ?

With the list that I suggested a few posts above I just made kind propositions to use synths which match all the criteria used until today.

I don't expect any agreement, of course. But at least some true arguments to say no. I would perfectly understand, making nothing else than kind suggestions. But false arguments are not really kind.

Anyway... do as you want. I was just making kind suggestions. Sorry for the mistake about Tyrell N6 (yes, it has been used, sorry) but all the others would certainly fit perfectly for future OSC sessions. I shall not be hurt if none is accepted, but at least it would be nice if the reasons are true reasons...

And in the list I suggested a few posts above there were also free synths, anyway. Not a lot, no... but there were some.

I beg you all your pardon if I have tried to give suggestions without having yet contributed. I just think that there are enough persons here who know that I'm a serious guy and not an obscure unknown or moron.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
functionform wrote:The trend is to use free synths.
Sorry ?

What about these OSC ?

Were they free synths ?

With the list that I suggested a few posts above I just made kind propositions to use synths which match all the criteria used until today.

I don't expect any agreement, of course. But at least some true arguments to say no. I would perfectly understand, making nothing else than kind suggestions. But false arguments are not really kind.

Anyway... do as you want. I was just making kind suggestions. Sorry for the mistake about Tyrell N6 (yes, it has been used, sorry) but all the others would certainly fit perfectly for future OSC sessions. I shall not be hurt if none is accepted, but at least it would be nice if the reasons are true reasons...

And in the list I suggested a few posts above there were also free synths, anyway. Not a lot, no... but there were some.

I beg you all your pardon if I have tried to give suggestions without having yet contributed. I just think that there are enough persons here who know that I'm a serious guy and not an obscure unknown or moron.
Many thanks Blackwinny,
As you say, other OSC have included paid synth, these tended to be a month trial, such as fathom synth.
Some are very happy for your contributions, so please pay no heed to some OSC'ers.
All the best, remember voting open to all who either enter or have 40+ posts, which I think you have :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:Many thanks Blackwinny,
As you say, other OSC have included paid synth, these tended to be a month trial, such as fathom synth.
Some are very happy for your contributions, so please pay no heed to some OSC'ers.
All the best, remember voting open to all who either enter or have 40+ posts, which I think you have :D
Ha Ha, don't worry. I live in peace in my mind.
:wink:

All the best to you, to all the team and to all the contributors!
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Another shameless plug - but there seem to have been interest in the Songwriting Competition over on Mix Challenge in this thread

The theme of the game (SWC11) is "Tanzmaschine" (Dance Machine) and the desired genre is everything that fits into "90s Techno" (Detroit, Minimal, Banging, Schranz, JTEK, etc).

There is no limit to what tools you use, joining is absolutely free, you will get feedback to your production
Bonus: free licenses for the winners podium.

Would love to see you folks over there as well. :tu:

More on: https://www.mix-challenge.com
Deadline: 24th July 2018 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Another shameless plug - but there seem to have been interest in the Songwriting Competition over on Mix Challenge in this thread

The theme of the game (SWC11) is "Tanzmaschine" (Dance Machine) and the desired genre is everything that fits into "90s Techno" (Detroit, Minimal, Banging, Schranz, JTEK, etc).

There is no limit to what tools you use, joining is absolutely free, you will get feedback to your production
Bonus: free licenses for the winners podium.

Would love to see you folks over there as well. :tu:

More on: https://www.mix-challenge.com
Deadline: 24th July 2018 11:59pm GMT+2/CEST
I'm in - Hope the track meets the cirteria for "schranz" https://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewtop ... 2694#p2694

We'll see at the end of the game. Welcome aboard. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Is this the right place to suggest a synth for the next OSC?

EscapeControl wrote:Is this the right place to suggest a synth for the next OSC?
Yes, is it PC,Mac & Linux?
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:
EscapeControl wrote:Is this the right place to suggest a synth for the next OSC?
Yes, is it PC,Mac & Linux?
ah right, it's windows only, too bad :\

Linux is more of a nice to have.

Checking the list of synths used in previous OSCs, there is one that I think deserve a new challenge. Crystal by Green Oak (OSC 5, May 2009; only eight people participated in that time).

Is Windows and Mac compatible and there are many presets available for Crystal in case someone needs them. Although oldie, it is considered one of the best free VSTi of all times.

Personally, I think it would be a fun month :tu:

How about a Fabfilter ?

One - one oscillator, but a great synth.
Twin 2 - three oscillators.

Both have a 30 day free trial and work on Mac and Windows.

Unfortunately no Linux version.

low_low wrote:How about a Fabfilter ?

Have to take into account peeps who have already tested on 30 dayer
L-EctroBit wrote:Checking the list of synths used in previous OSCs, there is one that I think deserve a new challenge. Crystal by Green Oak (OSC 5, May 2009; only eight people participated in that time).

Is Windows and Mac compatible and there are many presets available for Crystal in case someone needs them. Although oldie, it is considered one of the best free VSTi of all times.

Personally, I think it would be a fun month :tu:
This seems like a good one, haven't really played with it b4 :)

Just an idea thrown as is : what about a special challenge with a freeware synth discontinued at least 5 years ago (any one at the discretion of the challenger) ?

Just an idea... to see what would be the inspirations with old synths definitively not available any more today.

Eauson wrote:
low_low wrote:How about a Fabfilter ?

Have to take into account peeps who have already tested on 30 dayer
So that means no synth that has a 30 day free trial ? Only free ones ?

Return to “Instruments”