Granite OSX Public Beta - Open Invite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sandbags wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:www.newsonicarts.com/granite/downloads/ ... 16_PB7.zip

Still not sure if installer is working in all cases - so please check that the build date (in info screen) is 16th December.

cheers
The installer worked *really* fast but says 1.1.6 16/12/10 here.

Matt

Well.. the installer is *really* fast :)

That is the correct build info too, so assuming the samples/presets showed up then it sounds like everything worked.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:That is the correct build info too, so assuming the samples/presets showed up then it sounds like everything worked.
Were there supposed to be new presets? I couldn't obviously spot any different from PB6.

On that note are you getting some folk to build presets?

There's nothing wrong with the presets you have but getting a few artists to build you some more and generate some varied sample content couldn't hurt. For example Twisted Tools did a pretty stellar job on the content that came with their Vortex sampler and I don't think it hurt their sales any.

Matt

sandbags wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:Also, Granite doesnt currently support sustain messages.
Okay it would be nice if it did. The thing that makes Granite most interesting, from my perspective, is the ability to play chords and have them "imprinted" on the granular material. Without sustain though it's a lot harder to see it as being "playable".
What do you mean by sustain messages? Like a sample where it'd keep on looping as long as a note is held?

Because I'm able to play chords with certain settings (particularly small space settings and speed). Amongst all it'll depend a lot of the sample source, but ultimately I was able to fake pads if I may say so....
Modulating the speed so it slowly goes back and forth around the middle point and the playhead will loop back and forth around the same sample area, faking a sustain area.
Or am I misunderstanding sthg here? :oops:

dsp music wrote:
sandbags wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:Also, Granite doesnt currently support sustain messages.
Okay it would be nice if it did. The thing that makes Granite most interesting, from my perspective, is the ability to play chords and have them "imprinted" on the granular material. Without sustain though it's a lot harder to see it as being "playable".
What do you mean by sustain messages?
I'm talking about using a piano sustain pedal. Using sustain holds notes after you've released the keys.

Matt

I forgot about those ... It all happens over the desk here :hihi:

by the way... There is a special xmas sale on granite, buy it for just $49...

Yuhuuu!!! :)

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Hi there,

Will there be an OSX VST version? I stay away from AUs like the plague.

thanks
?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Hi there,

Will there be an OSX VST version? I stay away from AUs like the plague.

thanks
?
Hi

At this time there are no plans for VST on OSX.

best

James
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Just a quick note to say the AU is not working properly in AudioMulch 2.1.1 on OSX 10.6.5. The user interface is, variably, unresponsive.

For example sometimes I can hit the left/right arrows to move through the presets & sometimes I can't. Then I couldn't move the loop brace for a while but, now, I can.

Matt

PB9 is now available. There are quite a few fixes, perhaps most significantly Granite now works in Reaper.

http://www.newsonicarts.com/granite/dow ... 16_PB9.zip
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Testing it out, looks great overall, I love this little machine.

The waveform modulation seems to get choppy and some page-tearing occurs on redrawing very quickly, might want to try to clean that up if you can.

I'm on a new Intel 13" MacBook Pro, using the standalone app with an Akai LPK25.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

I'm really interested in this cool little thing.

Unfortuantely, this plugin fails Digital Performer's AU examination process. I'm using Digital Performer 7.22 (the latest version).

I'm having trouble getting the standalone app to do anything.

Clicking the play button does nothing.

Feel like I'm missing something.

- c

You have to click & hold in the play icon to pre-listen the original sample ( p shortcut should work as well).

When you say the standalone can't do anything? does it output sound at least? and if you click the gate button and trigger some notes) it doesn't play? (ypu have to select your keyboard in the setup menu before).
BTW did you select your audio interface in that same menu? (sorry if stating the obvious)

Just figured out what was wrong! User error!

The set up defaults to "no device."

Once I set it for the internal computer sound, it works fine!

And it's really cool!

Still, I encourage the developer to test this in Digital Performer. It doesn't work yet.

cheers,
c

p.s. In future iterations, I think it would be good for the program to default to the internal computer sound instead of "no device."

Well what I noticed is that you have to do it only once, the first time. Next time you open Granite standalone, it should remember the aduio settings and you should be able to play with it right away.

As for DP, unfortunately you can't expect developers to own every single host. That's why there's a public beta, so as many users as possible are able to play with it and reports the busg when they find some.
If you get any crash or valuable info don't hesitate to forward it to the developer.

Return to “Instruments”