Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V available at shops now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, of course, it has a digital edge since it uses wavetable synthesis that's for sure but at the same time it sounds very real and warm .. hehe, hard to put in words
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:Yeah, of course, it has a digital edge since it uses wavetable synthesis that's for sure but at the same time it sounds very real and warm .. hehe, hard to put in words
never liked the VST i had, sold it 5 years ago, but i would try the new version, to see whats new/changed...but of course cannot, due to shit copy protection.

penguinfromdeep wrote:Yeah, of course, it has a digital edge since it uses wavetable synthesis that's for sure but at the same time it sounds very real and warm .. hehe, hard to put in words
Yes -- it's digital, but greasy, filthy, dirty digital (if you want it to be so!), because I think every component after the wavetable-generators was analogue. (Correct?) Sure sounds that way to me, at least -- which makes for one really-neat hybrid beastie!!! :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:
never liked the VST i had, sold it 5 years ago, but i would try the new version, to see whats new/changed...but of course cannot, due to shit copy protection.
I use the license on an USB dongle since i have one anyway but it also works with the soft eLicenser (i used both ways myself during the beta test...) so it should work without a dongle.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Exactly like Ensoniq ESQ/SQ80
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

I don't know about you guys, but I went crazy with PPG 3. I love Rob Lee soundset the most. I had a blast with his "Out of Touch" and Ingo Weidner sample HyperOSC mini (as transient).

Any chances Waldorf make PPG 3 as a hard version, like Blofeld!?
Instruments: Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Komplete 5 & 6, Addictive Drums, OP-X Pro-II
Hosts: Cubase 5
Hardware: Motu Ultra Lite mk3, Novation 49SL MkII, Yamaha S90, PC i7 64bit

Sholla wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I went crazy with PPG 3. I love Rob Lee soundset the most. I had a blast with his "Out of Touch" and Ingo Weidner sample HyperOSC mini (as transient).

That would be a really cool thing but the Stromberg with analog modules would be nice too... :)

Thanks for you comment about Rob's and my sounds.

PS:
There is a PPG 3.V sound from Rob Lee called "Where is Stromberg".... :hihi:

Rob already told he would like to do a beta test for the Stromberg (more as a joke of course...). Nobody knows if it exists or if it will exist in the future.

BTW my new soundset for the Blofeld contains several sounds which are reprogrammed from the PPG Wave 2.V.

Have fun,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Does anyone know if the boxed version will come with a printed full hard copy of the PDF manual, or with just simple installation instructions?

john808kid wrote:Does anyone know if the boxed version will come with a printed full hard copy of the PDF manual, or with just simple installation instructions?
From what i heard at the beta forum i'm quite sure that the box will contain a printed manual. It was the same with the boxed Largo version.
Ingo Weidner

Sholla wrote:I envy Germans. All good stuff comes from there. We have to wait and hope PPG hits US stores before New Year.
It seems to be available at JRR Shop now (as email delivery):

http://www.jrrshop.com/catalog/waldorf- ... 10330.html

Price is 179$ or €136.09 without VAT, with 19% VAT it could be around 162 Euros (haven't checked this at JRR).
Ingo Weidner

If they did, it would be cool to see an overall design that harked back at least somewhat to the original PPG Waves, with the full complement of knobs and buttons. I won't hold my breath, but it would be kind of a nifty piece to own, and almost certainly more reliable for live use than a "real" PPG.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Ingo Weidner

Kriminal wrote:
penguinfromdeep wrote:
To me it doesn't sound tinny, maybe a bit old / muffled but in a goody analog way.
ppg ...analogue?
Thankfully our ears are still analog.......!

Try wearing some fluffy ear-muffs, the sound soon warms :hihi:

Prev.

seems great price, cheaper as Largo.

New for EUR 149 in Germany with free shipping :wink:
#PassionForHappiness

I'm a bit confused here...

As a longtime owner of PPG v2, I decided to go for the upgrade. I was blocked on the site. I then read here that it is not available until January?

Does that mean this is not an option?

**Christmas offer: 99€ instead of 119€, valid from 12.15 to 12.31.2010.**

Not very festive... :D
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Instruments”