TheDrumSource 1.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tongsong wrote:Hi Whiskas, is there a way i could assign all pads to one audio output? like bassdrum snare...all one stereo one out?
Hi tongsong. If you right click somewhere on the background. You can select mixdown to stereo from the menu revealed. Is that is what you looking for? I did this for thoose that wants to do a quick tests only because I think there must be balance knobs on each channel before the stereo mode can be useful for a real production. Maybe this will be avalible in future but I think I must have help from Mats again to make room for controls for balance without making the GUI bigger and adding the knobs in a beautiful fashion.

Ola

that would be fantastic Whiskas!my workflow is very old school, i usually programme my drums part all together in 1 midi tracks then spilt into diff tracks and bounce to audio to mix....Thx in advance, Best Wishes!

The Drum Source vers 1.0

I ran this in MuLab and Fruity Loops. Also created a Bank (.fxb) presets and a Techno drum kit. You can download it - TechnoSet.ZIP.

Bugs:
- FXB does not save the Mixdown To Stereo setting.
- In pattern mode (SYNC) occasional skips and double hits.
Double hit on 1st pattern played when the first hit is on 1.
Misses a trigger occasionally.
- Very high CPU usage in SYNC mode. MIDI mode is fine.

Needs:
- Velocity level in SYNC mode for individual hits. This could probably be implemented in the LED light area.
- Sure would like PAN feature to spread the drum kit.
- Using 1st octave for assignment of midi trigger events (MIDI mode) forces you to develop the drum sequence after you have designed the drum kit. Allowing re-assignment of trigger notes would allow you to adapt the Kit to existing sequences. This should not be a problem since you have separated the Modes.
- A sub-folder for samples would allow relative addressing for portability of presets.

**** REPOSTED from the old thread

Awsome jpumphandle! Thanks a lot! Your initiative to share drumkits with predefined samples and loops makes it important to have a relative path in the .fxb file and I will look see if there is a possibility to find out the path to the .fxb file in some way or I can make a subfolder relative to the TheDrumSource.dll (that information I have) or bring up a dialog where you can type in the root of your samples (which is a good idea any ways).

I have an idea of implementing velocity by holding down mouse button and drag the mouse up and down I will definitly implement this in later versions.

I will try to optimize the SYNC mode and look at the SYNC problems. It seems that the SYNC problem has different behaviors in different DAWs. In Fruity loops I discovered that it is very easy to reproduce that problem.

Again. Thanks a lot,
Ola

whiskas71 wrote:I will try to optimize the SYNC mode and look at the SYNC problems. It seems that the SYNC problem has different behaviors in different DAWs. In Fruity loops I discovered that it is very easy to reproduce that problem.

Again. Thanks a lot,
Ola
please, please look into it !

states wrote:
whiskas71 wrote:I will try to optimize the SYNC mode and look at the SYNC problems. It seems that the SYNC problem has different behaviors in different DAWs. In Fruity loops I discovered that it is very easy to reproduce that problem.

Again. Thanks a lot,
Ola
please, please look into it !
I will :-)

I have released the 1.0 version now. Check out the homepage http://witech.se/thedrumsource to read and download the new version.

Have fun,
Ola

cool,thanks!

just a quick bit of feedback.(it's a bit late and i'm tired,so i hope i make sense)
i'd been trying all my songs out last week cos i have a new harddrive name,and thedrumsource didn't like it cos the samples weren't there anymore.
it took a while to redirect it all.
now i installed v1.0 and it can't find them again,and gives loads of can't find samples error boxes.
ending in a freeze up of my host(ext1.4)
i didn't understand the file browser icons,but with a bit of time managed to get all the sample loaded back in.
though the length settings weren't remembered,well the knob position was,but not the actual length.
and the fxp name doesn't load in either.though i've noticed that with a few other plugins,seems like a common thing in xt1.

also if you browse for a sample then click back to 'knob' view again,then go back to browse directory,the browse icons have gone.(they come back if you select another sample in the folder though.bit odd.
my OS:win7 32/64.

i don't mean to sound too negative,i really like it.and hope my comments are useful.
great format support too,i didn't realise it can load iff's! wow,that is neat!
(oh,and could we have swing?):D

Although this works well with Cubase LE version 1, I can't get it to work with Cubase LE version 5 only the sample in the first "C" slot sounds all others are silent even when selecting, I've tried this also with Cubase 6 and Ableton live 8.2.2 with the same result on both XP and win 7

spacedad. Thanks for the feedback. Im sorry for the problem you had when changing the base directory. My design makes i possible to ask for a new base directory when not the old exists (I personally edits the .fxb file manually to workaround this problem, it is a text session for TheDrumSource that is easy to find using a text editor. I don't reckomend this solution since it is very anstable way to do it). I will implement this functionality in future releases.

rnms: I'll think your problem is that you have not activated all output channels from TheDrumSource in the DAW. There is also a mixdown to stereo option you can use, which you can reach by right click on the background to bring up the main menu.

/Ola

spacedad wrote: though the length settings weren't remembered,well the knob position was,but not the actual length.
Hmm can't figure out why this happens for you.
spacedad wrote: also if you browse for a sample then click back to 'knob' view again,then go back to browse directory,the browse icons have gone.(they come back if you select another sample in the folder though.bit odd.
my OS:win7 32/64.
I have seen this my self. I will look into to this.
spacedad wrote: i don't mean to sound too negative,i really like it.and hope my comments are useful.
great format support too,i didn't realise it can load iff's! wow,that is neat!
(oh,and could we have swing?):D
No problem and its fun that you like it. Several people have asked for a swing mode. Maby something for version 2.0 :-)

cheers,thanks for looking into it.
look fwd to swing.:)

whiskas71 wrote:
rnms: I'll think your problem is that you have not activated all output channels from TheDrumSource in the DAW. There is also a mixdown to stereo option you can use, which you can reach by right click on the background to bring up the main menu.

/Ola
That did it, I didn't have to do this with Cubase LE1 but downmix to stereo works for the other software,very good work, many thanks.

Thx for this

Return to “Instruments”