PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

lesha wrote:Working fine in 32 bit Ableton, Win 8.1 x64.

There are some cosmetic things I have spotted in Settings. A typo (DETUBE) and some garbled text (above NOISE). Everything else seems to work fine for now.

Thanks. In fact, that is what I meant with "more cosmetics required". This part of the GUI was quickly put together without much attention to detail. You might also notice that the fonts are not matching the others, etc.

I mainly want to figure out whether there are any major problems with some setups before going into the details.

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:Martin,

I downloaded it but can't get any audio from it. Some of the GUI goes transparent and I can see right through the synth. Not sure if it's just me though. Using FL Studio 11.1.
Hi there,

could you, please, give me some more information on that?

Which architecture are you on Win/Mac, 32/64?

Which parts of the GUI go transparent? Could you send me a screenshot?

Are the readouts working? I.e. when you move the mouse over a slider, does the readout at the bottom display the parameter name and value?

I hope we can sort this out quickly,

Martin
Just downloaded the DEMO of FL Studio 11, and it seems to work fine for me.
I am on Win7 (64bit) running (I guess) 32bit FL Studio and the 32 bit plugin.

GUI works fine, I can import the factory.fxb bank, and it creates sound.

Please, send me more information about your setup, so we can try to trace back where the problems come from.

Cheers,
Martin

The new GUI is already very good. Only thing better with the old one was the numerical readouts underneath the sliders and add the ability to type in text.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Hey Martin.

I turned FL Studio on this morning and i can get it to work with some fanagling. I honestly believe it's FL Studio's problem. It's been the most buggy DAW I've ever used. I put a synth in and within 5 minutes the project freezes.

It hasn't gone transparent again but if everyone else is saying it works, I am pretty sure the issue is on my end.

Hi, great job. Sounds perfect!!!
i use fl11 and had not problems.
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Hi Martin,

Works in FLstudio 11.1 and latest Reaper on Win7 64bit ( using the 32bit dll)

Chorus controls don't do much and chorus sounds nothing like the one used inside Pg8x-102a !

And the output level is slightly less than the "old" version.

But all together WELL DONE :clap:

PS is this going to be the size ? (of the GUI)

Yeager wrote:Hi Martin,

Works in FLstudio 11.1 and latest Reaper on Win7 64bit ( using the 32bit dll)

Chorus controls don't do much and chorus sounds nothing like the one used inside Pg8x-102a !

And the output level is slightly less than the "old" version.

But all together WELL DONE :clap:

PS is this going to be the size ? (of the GUI)
Thanks for this.

Yes, the chorus controls are not yet implemented, and I still need to adjust some levels, such at global output level or also the timings of the envelopes.

I intended to leave the GUI size as it is as a compromise, which is still just readable on high resolution screens and not too large on smaller screens.

Cheers,
Martin

Thanks,

BTW the POLY UNISON MONO lights are not recalled correctly, the state is OK but the lights don't relate.

I guess I have to get used to this size :P

Yeager wrote:Thanks,

BTW the POLY UNISON MONO lights are not recalled correctly, the state is OK but the lights don't relate.

I guess I have to get used to this size :P
Do you mean not recalled when loading a programme?

About the GUI? I guess you mean it's too small (or too large..)?

Let's see what other comments I get regarding the GUI size. On the last version, some people commented that it was too large on laptops.

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote:
Yes, make a patch(1) make it mono, rightclick "write" goto patch 2 the mono light will still light up click poly then go to patch 1 the poly light will still light up but the patch is mono..<- make sense ??
martin_l wrote:

Let's see what other comments I get regarding the GUI size. On the last version, some people commented that it was too large on laptops.

Cheers,
Martin
A little bit bigger would be nice, you still have some space at the bottom... let's wait and see. :)

Yeager wrote:
martin_l wrote:
Yes, make a patch(1) make it mono, rightclick "write" goto patch 2 the mono light will still light up click poly then go to patch 1 the poly light will still light up but the patch is mono..<- make sense ??
I will investigate...
Yeager wrote:
martin_l wrote:

Cheers,
Martin
A little bit bigger would be nice, you still have some space at the bottom... let's wait and see. :)
Once everything else is finished, I will do some more tweeks and cosmetics to the GUI anyway.

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote: Let's see what other comments I get regarding the GUI size. On the last version, some people commented that it was too large on laptops.

Cheers,
Martin
I find it slightly uncomfortable on my 1920x1080 monitor. "Just readable" ;-) but only just. I wouldn't mind it a bit bigger, mainly to make the text more easily readable.

Any special reason why those two blue buttons at the bottom (SETTINGS and MIDI LEARN) need a whole row all to themselves? Why not put them to the right of the display instead and gain that space underneath it?

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

proposed gui enhancements :D

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Slick!

I'm still puzzled, though, why those two blue buttons in the bottom left corner need to be there, causing so much empty space. Why can't you place them to the right of the LED window? Unless you have all that unused space reserved for future enhancements?

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Yep. Blue buttons to the right of the display, and this saves up on that unused space below.

Also, width can be decreased by reducing the logo size (upper right corner), and moving out the AT, bender and portamento controls up and left.

The whole GUI has extra unused space on the left size, this can be trimmed.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”