PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

Suggestion: It may be time to start a new thread, as the title is misleading. I keep expecting an update to the plug-in but instead it seems like the Admiral hi-jacked the thread to contemplate his naval (pun intended). I've been waiting for someone to tell him to step off.

Kevin Deas wrote:Suggestion: It may be time to start a new thread, as the title is misleading. I keep expecting an update to the plug-in but instead it seems like the Admiral hi-jacked the thread to contemplate his naval (pun intended). I've been waiting for someone to tell him to step off.
I've been doing nothing but making, clear, valid, points, while in turn being personally attacked by the likes of you. And here you are making it about me, while accusing ME of hijacking this thread. Hypocrite!

AdmiralQuality wrote:
Kevin Deas wrote:Suggestion: It may be time to start a new thread, as the title is misleading. I keep expecting an update to the plug-in but instead it seems like the Admiral hi-jacked the thread to contemplate his naval (pun intended). I've been waiting for someone to tell him to step off.
I've been doing nothing but making, clear, valid, points, while in turn being personally attacked by the likes of you. And here you are making it about me, while accusing ME of hijacking this thread. Hypocrite!
He said goodbye... but he is still there...

Shhh.....
(silence in the classroom)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I see someone who's yawning over there !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:
He said goodbye... but he is still there...

Shhh.....
(silence in the classroom)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I see someone who's yawning over there !
I said I was done helping. But now I'm forced to respond to your childish taunts and insults.

You're really doing a service to Martin's thread here with your incessant spamming. You must feel like such a hero!

@ENV1 : interesting about the 'keepers' and 'restorers' thing. I really never noticed a restorer. Possible reason - I'm a compulsive saver, and I often make my own sounds from init patches.
I'm sure that it wouldn't bother me either way. Possibly I have become used to certain behaviour because like many "old people" I started on hardware?
@Martin : brilliant synth, I love it. RE: the preset handling.... flip a coin. My best friend swears by that method of decision making. Whenever he 'can't decide' for more than a couple minutes, he flips a coin. Says that, on average, it works out about the same as if he had taken lots of time and effort deciding, but has the benefit of saving him a lot of time and effort :lol:
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

is it soup yet? I am sure getting hungry for this plug in and since the newer version works on my system while the old one no longer does all I can do is bide my time and hope it still sounds as awesome when you get it all done.

AdmiralQuality wrote:I've been doing nothing but making, clear, valid, points, while in turn being personally attacked by the likes of you.
I know its not furthering the quality of this thread, but man, if i have ever seen a misrepresentation of the actual facts, this is it.

Ever since you popped in here youve been doing nothing but telling Martin how wrong he is for not doing things the way you think they should be done, as if your insignificant little opinions were some sort of worldwide agreed upon standard that everyone is obliged to follow. You go on and on about how this is wrong and thats not right and how even synthesizer giants like KORG, whose intellectual capacity you couldnt hope to reach if you lived to be a thousand, are fools for not rewriting the operating systems of their hardware emulations so they meet with your approval. I mean, seriously, who the hell are you? What exactly is it that you do that makes you think you are qualified to hand out advice in the manner you do? From what i can see you are neither very intelligent nor very experienced in the field of synthesizers, otherwise you wouldnt have needed assistence with the meaning of the term 'Writing', standard procedure that it is with real synths and all. So why in the hell would anyone listen to you of all people?

And now you have the audacity to act like you were the victim here? You must be kidding. You said "If I'm hurting anyone's feelings here it is because you're far too fragile and precious." Well no, thats not it. Its because you have the manners of a cro-magnon. And its not feelings that you are hurting, its peoples brains that sooner or later start to hurt because your annoyance quotient is on-par with a bunch of jehovas witnesses knocking at your door at five-thirty in the morning. And that is not trying to help, its what 99% of the people i know would describe as 'being an ass'.

You see, and you will please forgive the candor, when i first saw your quote of my post and your question my first thought was 'dont bother, hes a moron and sooner or later he will pull his asshole routine whether you are being civil and polite toward him or not'. I replied anyway, against my better judgement. How long did it take for my prediction to come true? Just go back and see. And the problem is not that i failed to treat you with the same respect that i expect to be treated with myself. On the contrary, i kept responding with civility even when you replied like you were drunk or on drugs that exceeded their best before date. The problem is that you couldnt have a civilized discussion if your life depended on it, so for you to act like it is you who is being wronged here is not only ridiculous, its downright preposterous considering that since your appearance in this thread the only person that ever addressed another person with any kind of disrespect simply as a matter of course is you and you alone. In my opinion you ought to be ashamed of how you present yourself here.
Last edited by ENV1 on Wed May 28, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:@ENV1 : interesting about the 'keepers' and 'restorers' thing. I really never noticed a restorer.
Yeah, theres many of them.

Im still not quite sure as to the general ratio, but by guesstimate i would say that currently the restorers are in the lead.

Your 'personal ratio' of course depends on what plugins you have.

ENV1 wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:I've been doing nothing but making, clear, valid, points, while in turn being personally attacked by the likes of you.
I know its not furthering the quality of this thread, but man, if i have ever seen a misrepresentation of the actual facts, this is it.

Ever since you popped in here youve been doing nothing but telling Martin how wrong he is for not doing things the way you think they should be done, as if your insignificant little opinions were some sort of worldwide agreed upon standard that everyone is obliged to follow.
Again, you've got it backwards. I've been providing valid points. Demonstrating where the functional problems with this paradigm are. Testing products that work that way and showing where they fail. The bad attitude is coming from you people. (And here we are again.)

You go on and on about how this is wrong and thats not right and how even synthesizer giants like KORG, whose intellectual capacity you couldnt hope to reach if you lived to be a thousand, are fools for not rewriting the operating systems of their hardware emulations so they meet with your approval.
I've been making plug-ins a lot longer than KORG. Again, this is an appeal to authority, and as such is not a valid argument.

I mean, seriously, who the hell are you? What exactly is it that you do that makes you think you are qualified to hand out advice in the manner you do? From what i can see you are neither very intelligent nor very experienced in the field of synthesizers, otherwise you wouldnt have needed assistence with the meaning of the term 'Writing', standard procedure that it is with real synths and all. So why in the hell would anyone listen to you of all people?
Who am I? Who are YOU? I'm someone who does this for a living. And NONE of my customers have any complaints about the program/bank system in any of my products not working correctly.

I'm not the only person here advocating for the normal plug-in behavior. You would make it seem that I am, though. Easier than actually addressing the data I keep providing, I guess.

And now you have the audacity to act like you were the victim here? You must be kidding. You said "If I'm hurting anyone's feelings here it is because you're far too fragile and precious." Well no, thats not it. Its because you have the manners of a cro-magnon. And its not feelings that you are hurting, its peoples brains that sooner or later start to hurt because your annoyance quotient is on-par with a bunch of jehovas witnesses knocking at your door at five-thirty in the morning. And that is not trying to help, its what 99% of the people i know would describe as 'being an ass'.
If I've been rude to anyone here, it's a-holes like yourself who deserve it and started it. You saying these things doesn't make them true. And manners doesn't make computers work. Being RIGHT does. (And again, I ask, WHERE have I been rude to Martin? Just one quote. Come on...)

You see, and you will please forgive the candor, when i first saw your quote of my post and your question my first thought was 'dont bother, hes a moron and sooner or later he will pull his asshole routine whether you are being civil and polite toward him or not'. I replied anyway, against my better judgement. How long did it take for my prediction to come true? Just go back and see. And the problem is not that i failed to treat you with the same respect that i expect to be treated with myself. On the contrary, i kept responding with civility even when you replied like you were drunk or on drugs that exceeded their best before date. The problem is that you couldnt have a civilized discussion if your life depended on it, so for you to act like it is you who is being wronged here here is not only ridiculous, its downright preposterous considering that since your appearance in this thread the only person that ever addressed another person with any kind of disrespect simply as a matter of course is you and you alone. In my opinion you ought to be ashamed of how you present yourself here.
See, if I called you a moron or an asshole, I'd get banned. There's a real, sick, double-standard on this board. There always have been. Those of us who are qualified to have our opinions are held to a different standard than the drooling masses that you represent so effectively.

Just the same, you're now forcing me to complain to the admins.

Ta!

AdmiralQuality wrote: Again, you've got it backwards. I've been providing valid points. Demonstrating where the functional problems with this paradigm are. Testing products that work that way and showing where they fail.
Valid points in your opinion. Problems in your opinion. Failing in your opinion.

You just dont get it do you?

AdmiralQuality wrote:The bad attitude is coming from you people.
Show me something ive said that could be construed as 'bad attitude'.

Anything at all. Just making stuff up doesnt work with me.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I've been making plug-ins a lot longer than KORG. Again, this is an appeal to authority, and as such is not a valid argument.
This no appeal to anything, its a simple fact that KORG know a lot more about synths than you or any other KVR member. So you are hardly in a position to critisize the way they handle things in the way you do. They are industry professionals with decades of experience in synthesizer production both hard and soft based. You are not.
AdmiralQuality wrote:Who am I? Who are YOU? I'm someone who does this for a living. And NONE of my customers have any complaints about the program/bank system in any of my products not working correctly.
Good for you. Unfortunately the fact that someone does something 'for a living' doesnt impress me at all. Youll have to do better than that.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I'm not the only person here advocating for the normal plug-in behavior.

'Normal' in your opinion.

(Here we go again.)
AdmiralQuality wrote:If I've been rude to anyone here, it's a-holes like yourself who deserve it and started it.

Started what?

Like i said, making things up doesnt work with me.
AdmiralQuality wrote:You saying these things doesn't make them true.

I agree on that part.

I recommend you take a mirror and say this to yourself until it sinks in.
AdmiralQuality wrote:See, if I called you a moron or an asshole, I'd get banned.
You called me an asshole just a minute ago.

I on the other hand didnt call you anything, i told you what i was thinking, i.e. what i did NOT say because unlike you i usually know how to mind my manners on a public internet forum.

If that offended you it is because youre far too fragile and precious.
AdmiralQuality wrote:Just the same, you're now forcing me to complain to the admins.
Be my guest.

ENV1 wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote: Again, you've got it backwards. I've been providing valid points. Demonstrating where the functional problems with this paradigm are. Testing products that work that way and showing where they fail.
Valid points in your opinion. Problems in your opinion. Failing in your opinion.

You just dont get it do you?
I get that I'm providing points, and clearly explaining them, and in response you're insulting me and failing to back up your opinion, which you seem to think is more valid than mine simply because it's yours and you have a big mouth.

AdmiralQuality wrote:The bad attitude is coming from you people.
Show me something ive said that could be construed as 'bad attitude'.

Anything at all. Just making stuff up doesnt work with me.
I challenged you to prove your accusation first. But with your typical double-standard, you ignore that and demand the same from me. (Though it's not the same. You're accusing me of being rude to the creator of this product and thead, which I'm not. I'm being honest and direct with him, yes. But that's the only way I know how to be. I readily admit that I'm being rude to YOU. Why would I not be? You've been being rude and insulting to me.)
AdmiralQuality wrote:I've been making plug-ins a lot longer than KORG. Again, this is an appeal to authority, and as such is not a valid argument.
This no appeal to anything, its a simple fact that KORG know a lot more about synths than you or any other KVR member. So you are hardly in a position to critisize the way they handle things in the way you do. They are industry professionals with decades of experience in synthesizer production both hard and soft based. You are not.
LOL! Again, I have more experience at this than Korg does. They are relative newcomers to the plug-in industry. I've been doing it since 2006.
AdmiralQuality wrote:Who am I? Who are YOU? I'm someone who does this for a living. And NONE of my customers have any complaints about the program/bank system in any of my products not working correctly.
Good for you. Unfortunately the fact that someone does something 'for a living' doesnt impress me at all. Youll have to do better than that.
I don't WANT to impress you. You're clearly an angry fool. You're the last kind of person I want to impress.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I'm not the only person here advocating for the normal plug-in behavior.

'Normal' in your opinion.

(Here we go again.)
AdmiralQuality wrote:If I've been rude to anyone here, it's a-holes like yourself who deserve it and started it.

Started what?

Like i said, making things up doesnt work with me.
I love how your sense of entitlement and self-importance oozes through everything you say. Who cares what works for YOU? Certainly not me, buddy. You called me an "asshole" and a "moron". And plenty more than that, though I'm really not interested in reading any of your nonsense more than once to go back and pick quotes. Really, just pick any post you've made in response to me. The vitriol is right there.
AdmiralQuality wrote:You saying these things doesn't make them true.

I agree on that part.

I recommend you take a mirror and say this to yourself until it sinks in.
That's why I provide points. Explain logically the workflow issues doing it your way will create. Test products others have presented as good examples of this paradigm, and show exactly how they create the exact problems that I had already predicted before I tried them.

You, on the other hand, keep insulting me and derailing Martin's thread for the enhancement of your own ego.
AdmiralQuality wrote:See, if I called you a moron or an asshole, I'd get banned.
You called me an asshole just a minute ago.

I on the other hand didnt call you anything, i told you what i was thinking, i.e. what i did NOT say because unlike you i usually know how to mind my manners on a public internet forum.

If that offended you it is because youre far too fragile and precious.
AdmiralQuality wrote:Just the same, you're now forcing me to complain to the admins.
Be my guest.
I called you an "a-hole", AFTER you called me an "asshole". That's not escalation. That's a small attempt on my part to stick to the board rules. The same ones that will hopefully see you banned.

AdmiralQuality wrote: I get that I'm providing points, and clearly explaining them, and in response you're insulting me
I insulted you in response to your making points?

Is this is the way you remember things?

I mean, seriously?

Youre beginning to scare me man...

AdmiralQuality wrote:...your opinion, which you seem to think is more valid than mine simply because it's yours and you have a big mouth.
Yeah yeah yeah. Its an old tactic to accuse the other of the very thing you are really doing yourself but its just too old. You cant seriously expect anyone to fall for that old trick anymore.

Besides, i always make it quite clear that i dont think that my opinions/preferences/whatever are in any way special, so again, nice try, but i think my reputation is safe.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I challenged you to prove your accusation first.
What accusation?
AdmiralQuality wrote:I readily admit that I'm being rude to YOU. Why would I not be?
Yeah, why not?

Everyone should be rude to each other.
AdmiralQuality wrote:You've been being rude and insulting to me.
Ah, but did you notice when that started?

Was it before or after you deemed it necessary to be insulting toward me for no reason at all?
AdmiralQuality wrote:Again, I have more experience at this than Korg does.
Sure you do.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I don't WANT to impress you. You're clearly an angry fool. You're the last kind of person I want to impress.
Im glad to hear it because youd die trying.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I love how your sense of entitlement and self-importance oozes through everything you say. Who cares what works for YOU? Certainly not me, buddy.
Whats the matter Qual, distressed to find that i can be at least twice as smug as you?

Get used to it.

AdmiralQuality wrote:I'm really not interested in reading any of your nonsense more than once to go back and pick quotes.
In other words you know perfectly well that you wont find anything because you know perfectly well that i havent said a single bad word to you until you started to get funny with me for no reason at all.

Alrighty.

Noted.
AdmiralQuality wrote:That's why I provide points. Explain logically the workflow issues doing it your way will create.
What exactly do you mean by 'my way'?

And what exactly did you 'explain' about it?

Call me inattentive, but i could swear that 'my way of doing things' was never the subject here, let alone part of any of your 'explanations'.
AdmiralQuality wrote:You keep insulting me and derailing Martin's thread for the enhancement of your own ego.
No, i insult you because you were insulting me. Plain and simple.

And the derailment for the purpose of what very much seems like ego enhancement started when you appeared, i.e. a long time before i even entered this thread.

What you see now is the consequences of your actions.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I called you an "a-hole", AFTER you called me an "asshole". That's not escalation. That's a small attempt on my part to stick to the board rules. The same ones that will hopefully see you banned.
Embarrassed that i caught you doing the very thing you went crying to mommy for?

Really wishing now that you hadnt said that?

Life can be so damned unfair... :hihi:

AdmiralQuality is right with all he said about how handling of banks/presets should be done. Point.

ENV1 wrote:
Besides, i always make it quite clear that i dont think that my opinions/preferences/whatever are in any way special, so again, nice try, but i think my reputation is safe.
Your reputation? LOL! There's your arrogance showing again.
AdmiralQuality wrote:You've been being rude and insulting to me.
Ah, but did you notice when that started?

Was it before or after you deemed it necessary to be insulting toward me for no reason at all?
You seem to think being demonstrated wrong with logic, reason, facts and evidence is insulting. Nothing I can do about that, your insecurity is your own problem.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I love how your sense of entitlement and self-importance oozes through everything you say. Who cares what works for YOU? Certainly not me, buddy.
Whats the matter Qual, distressed to find that i can be at least twice as smug as you?

Get used to it.
Internet tough guys. Love 'em! You're hilarious. Sad, and hilarious.

AdmiralQuality wrote:That's why I provide points. Explain logically the workflow issues doing it your way will create.
What exactly do you mean by 'my way'?

And what exactly did you 'explain' about it?

Call me inattentive, but i could swear that 'my way of doing things' was never the subject here, let alone part of any of your 'explanations'.
The topic of debate had become (to use someone else's terms, was it yours?) "Restorers vs. Keepers". Have you forgotten already in your attempt to make this all about me?
AdmiralQuality wrote:You keep insulting me and derailing Martin's thread for the enhancement of your own ego.
No, i insult you because you were insulting me. Plain and simple.
You must be reading the thread back to front. Show me where I said anything insulting to you before this insulting post you made against me. Apparently because you take the term "you people" personally rather than how I meant it. (You people [posting here in this thread who think you want a redundant Write program function in your plug-ins] deserve what you're going to get [exactly the problems you asked for].):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5759870

ENV1 wrote: 'You people'? Who the hell are you? All i can see is some guy with a serious manner deficit so i suggest you spare us the airs and graces and leave that to the people who contribute more important things to this world than a software synthesizer.
From there on you just get more and more insulting, until the name-calling ("asshole", "moron") starts in this post:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5760464

And the derailment for the purpose of what very much seems like ego enhancement started when you appeared, i.e. a long time before i even entered this thread.
Says you. The severely insecure guy who cowers from reasonable discourse and instead hides behind taunts and insults.

What you see now is the consequences of your actions.
AdmiralQuality wrote:I called you an "a-hole", AFTER you called me an "asshole". That's not escalation. That's a small attempt on my part to stick to the board rules. The same ones that will hopefully see you banned.
Embarrassed that i caught you doing the very thing you went crying to mommy for?
Again, I'm only responding to your far worse name calling in your post, previous to mine. And as I pointed out, I'm the one de-escalating in terms (which I'm quoting directly from you) instead of escalating. (You're clearly reading the thread backwards again.)

Now, the things I'd LIKE to call you, I can't here. Send me an email if you're curious.

Really wishing now that you hadnt said that?

Life can be so damned unfair... :hihi:
You're out of your mind, buddy.

Jeez guys. Stop with the bickering. Let things go. Go outside, float downstream. Chill the f**k out!

Return to “Instruments”