PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

RexXx wrote:An alternative is using a host like Reaper, where you can switch between UI and parameters view.
parameters in Reaper.png
Yeah! [!sarcasm warning] That's a sexy and inspiring display!

:roll:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
RexXx wrote:An alternative is using a host like Reaper, where you can switch between UI and parameters view.
parameters in Reaper.png
Yeah! [!sarcasm warning] That's a sexy and inspiring display!

:roll:

/Joachim
I would have preferred the sliders in vertical, RexXx. It's possible?

:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Seriously, even not perfect (nothing can be perfect in the world) I prefer Layzer's GUI.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Any further news concerning the development of this Vst? It has gone very quiet. :?
:tu: All is good

Hello Drew!
DrewDale wrote:Any further news concerning the development of this Vst? It has gone very quiet. :?
Three weeks ago (here), Martin wrote:
martin_l wrote:Currently, the development is a bit slowed down, as my real life job and family eats up most of my time...

Cheers,
Martin
And also... it's time for holidays for many people currently...
:D

And probably that Martin needs to breath for some weeks before to get back to his job.
:)

BlackWinny wrote:Hello Drew!

[
And also... it's time for holidays for many people currently...
:D

And probably that Martin needs to breath for some weeks before to get back to his job.
:)
Holidays?... I wish. Currently I am still very busy with my job. I wish I could find more time for the pg8x...

Anyway, I have changed a lot of the internal code for the patch handling and fixed some bugs in the sysex handler. I also changed the velocity response; should be closer to the hardware now. Next on the programme is the outgoing sysex, and some more testing before releasing the new beta.

Cheers,
Martin

Thanks BlackWinny for pointing me to that post, I must have missed a page :hihi:

Thanks also Martin for the updated news. :)

HEY EVERYBODY
I just made a donation to ML-VST for his development of PG8X...
So now it's all your turn to all step up and drop some coin in his hat.

any new news?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:any new news?
According to the ML Vst facebook page the last status was - Working on the GUI - :hyper:

Bear with me...

This weeks are quite hectic for me. Travelling abroad for my real-life job a lot, and having two important deadlines coming up in early October. I doubt I will manage to do much on the plugin till then. After that, I will have more time again.

Martin

Recently bought a used V-Machine and was looking to fill it with nice Win-only freebees when I came across PG-8X. For your plugin and the SQ8L alone, the purchase was worth it. After going through all 69 pages of this thread, I was very happy to find links to a Mac AU version of the plugin with which I've played extensively the last 24 hours. :D

Never used a JX-8P but used to have quite some Roland gear of different eras and I must say - as mentioned in this thread before - you really nail that Roland "rubber". Kudos! It's honestly one of the best emulations I've heard so far (and I am one of the few being not THAT thrilled about U-He's Diva).

A couple of things though regarding bugs:
- in the LFO section, the display readouts for Delay Time and Rate seem to be swapped. The sliders do what they're supposed to though
- I loaded all three banks supplied via your Dropbox using the Rotate Banks feature and saved it via the host's "Save setting as..." as what I guess is an aupreset named "All three banks". When I opened the plugin today, the setting was still available to choose but all slots are filled with "INIT".
- I made a patch from scratch, again saved it via "Save setting as..." and using the "WRITE" button in slot 2, loaded "All three banks" again just to find out that all slots contained "INIT" except for slot 2 which contained my recently created patch.
- after quitting and restarting Logic, the selected patch in the plugin was reset to slot 1 "INIT" (i.e. the state of the plugin wasn't saved), "All three banks" did not contain my new patch anymore, loading the patch via the host's menu loaded its settings but the display did not show the name I had given to it.

I'm not saying the way the plugin handles presets is WRONG :hihi: but the functionality works in a seriously sketchy way.

Setup: Macbook Pro 10.9.5 running Logic 9.1.8 in 32bits mode, PG8X-23-05 (v1.0.0) AU.

Thanks for the report. I will check the LFO readout. It might indeed still be the wrong way around. Need to be fixed. As for the preset handling. I have largely rewritten that part, but have not yet released a new beta version, as I am still having some serious bugs in it. I hope that the coming weekend I will -- finally -- find some proper time to continue on the plugin.

Cheers,
Martin

pestomusic wrote:I'm not saying the way the plugin handles presets is WRONG :hihi: but the functionality works in a seriously sketchy way.
Yes, pestomusic, the preset//patch loading is currently in flux. I've been watching/reporting to Martin on a regular basis for a while now. His emulation is spot-on, with just a few minor bugs (try playing a solo line in unison mode, hold the sustain pedal down, play a second note, release the sustain pedal = stuck note) but I also know he'll get it working 100%. I also hope the patch management will get worked out. FYI it has similar behavior in the Mac VST version as well, but I knew this was already on the wish list.

Maybe throw Martin a bone to encourage him to finish development sooner than later, by clicking his PayPal donation button. :)

martin_l wrote:Thanks for the report. I will check the LFO readout. It might indeed still be the wrong way around. Need to be fixed. As for the preset handling. I have largely rewritten that part, but have not yet released a new beta version, as I am still having some serious bugs in it. I hope that the coming weekend I will -- finally -- find some proper time to continue on the plugin.

Cheers,
Martin
Why not just limit the preset system to JX8P sysex? Then there can be full patch compatibility between hardware and the plugin.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”