PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

apunctum wrote:
martin_l wrote: Which host(s) are you using? I have the impression that not all hosts send the same sequence of calls when setting/changing the samplerate. I must be missing something.

Cheers,
Martin
Sorry, Martin, I tested previous version of plug downloaded earlier, installed by mistake. I'll try new version.

I use Logic Pro 9 (directly for AU and via Blue Cat's PatchWork for VST).

Edit - no sound in Logic with new AU version. Click when Logic start playing, then no sound.
I think with respect to that bug, the new version should not make much difference.

I need to see whether I can reproduce the bug in any host available to me.

Maomoondog wrote:Tested in FL Studio 11.3. All the patches that I downloaded from the link provided on the dropbox site have issues with the ADSR, each patch has a real long release even though the ADSR is showing low values. Is this a known bug? (unless for some reason note off messages are not transmitted)

Edit - The above note sticking issue is also happening when I use an INIT voice and change any slider value (Waveform / Pitch etc..)
I will test it tonight. In Reaper it was working fine for me. I will try FL later.

apunctum wrote: Is it normally, that plugs are out of tune if s/r = 48000?
Work correctly when 44100.
Tested VST/AU Mac OS 10.8.5.
PS Sorry, it was previous versions of plug downloaded earlier. Will try new versions!
ok, now i know i'm not imagining it being out of tune at 48000 sample rate! :tantrum:

energyxt2/winxp x32
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
PS Sorry, it was previous versions of plug downloaded earlier. Will try new versions!
ok, now i know i'm not imagining it being out of tune at 48000 sample rate! :tantrum:

energyxt2/winxp x32
Does that also happen if you change from 48000 to 44100 and then back to 48000?

UPDATE: I think I found the problem. Trying to fix it now...

martin_l wrote:
layzer wrote:

energyxt2/winxp x32

its fine at 44100 as apunctum stated. only happens with 48000

i can't use 44100 because i have my korg t2 feeding into an analog to digital spidf adapter that only syncs to 48000 samplerate

btw, chorus sounds great now :tu:

layzer wrote:
martin_l wrote:
layzer wrote:

energyxt2/winxp x32

i can't use 44100 because i have my korg t2 feeding into an analog to digital spidf adapter that only syncs to 48000 samplerate

I think the problem should be fixed in the next beta. I had a stupid mistake, which lead to a function not being called when the samplerate was set at startup.

martin_l wrote:
layzer wrote:
martin_l wrote:
layzer wrote:

energyxt2/winxp x32

I think the problem should be fixed in the next beta. I had a stupid mistake, which lead to a function not being called when the samplerate was set at startup.
good good. no hurry, i'm getting by transposing both osc's down by one note for now :hihi:

martin_l wrote:
apunctum wrote:Sorry, Martin, I tested previous version of plug downloaded earlier, installed by mistake. I'll try new version.

I use Logic Pro 9 (directly for AU and via Blue Cat's PatchWork for VST).

Edit - no sound in Logic with new AU version. Click when Logic start playing, then no sound.
I think with respect to that bug, the new version should not make much difference.

I need to see whether I can reproduce the bug in any host available to me.
After system restart both new plugs (VST & AU) work normally except for s/r detune!

Tested also in Studio One.

New versions uploaded. Hopefully, the detune-issue should be fixed now...

I have beeen using the previous vst version in Cubase 7.5.20 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I updated to the new version yesterday the song I had saved would not recall the soundt I had made nor the preset I had saved.

minx wrote:I have beeen using the previous vst version in Cubase 7.5.20 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I updated to the new version yesterday the song I had saved would not recall the soundt I had made nor the preset I had saved.
Does it recall the sound when you save the song with the current version of the plugin? In the beta stage, I cannot guarantee that presets are compatible between different versions.

Maomoondog wrote:Tested in FL Studio 11.3. All the patches that I downloaded from the link provided on the dropbox site have issues with the ADSR, each patch has a real long release even though the ADSR is showing low values. Is this a known bug? (unless for some reason note off messages are not transmitted)

Edit - The above note sticking issue is also happening when I use an INIT voice and change any slider value (Waveform / Pitch etc..)
I had a go in FL studio earlier. I can confirm the bug when you play the plugin through the PC keyboard. It works fine when played through a MIDI keyboard.

I will see whether I can find what messages FL is sending when played via the PC keyboard. Must be something non-standard...

martin_l wrote:
minx wrote:I have beeen using the previous vst version in Cubase 7.5.20 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 and when I updated to the new version yesterday the song I had saved would not recall the soundt I had made nor the preset I had saved.
Does it recall the sound when you save the song with the current version of the plugin? In the beta stage, I cannot guarantee that presets are compatible between different versions.

Yes it recalls fine

minx wrote:
martin_l wrote:

Yes it recalls fine
OK, that's good news.

But, please keep in mind that the format of presets still might change. I will announce when I freeze the patch format. Only then will it be safe to start developing patches and using the plugin in more serious projects.

martin_l wrote:New versions uploaded. Hopefully, the detune-issue should be fixed now...
Still there.

Plug displays s/r correctly, but tune is right only for 44100/88200.

Return to “Instruments”