PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

apunctum wrote:
martin_l wrote:New versions uploaded. Hopefully, the detune-issue should be fixed now...
Still there.

Plug displays s/r correctly, but tune is right only for 44100/88200.

Can you check whether the tune is ok if you change the s/r from 48000 to 44100 and then back to 48000?

martin_l wrote:New versions uploaded. Hopefully, the detune-issue should be fixed now...
I'm sorry I haven't followed this thread closely but is this the new non synth edit version ? I've checked the site in your signature but don't see a link for the new version......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
I'm sorry I haven't followed this thread closely but is this the new non synth edit version ? I've checked the site in your signature but don't see a link for the new version......... :)
Yes, this is current public beta testing of the new (non-Synthedit) version. A link was posted earlier in this thread, and also on my facebook page.

martin_l wrote:
apunctum wrote:
Still there.

Plug displays s/r correctly, but tune is right only for 44100/88200.

Can you check whether the tune is ok if you change the s/r from 48000 to 44100 and then back to 48000?
No, this trick doesn't work.
When I change rate back to 48000 tune becomes upper immediately.
VST/AU Logic/Studio One.

martin_l wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Yes, this is current public beta testing of the new (non-Synthedit) version. A link was posted earlier in this thread, and also on my facebook page.
Ahhh I see thanks. I'm trying to stay away from Facebook. Can you post a link the the latest version in the first post of this thread so we'll always know where it is ? Thanks. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Ahhh I see thanks. I'm trying to stay away from Facebook. Can you post a link the the latest version in the first post of this thread so we'll always know where it is ? Thanks. :)
I am not posting the link on the first page or on my webpage yet, as this is still in beta stage, and I dont want to give the wrong impression of it being a final product.

But, here t is again:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m636vgxhta9e ... _Rve/PG-8X

New files uploaded (*-15-05.*) which should hopefully fix the detune bug, the portamento bug, the FL note-off bug and introduce LFO delay.

there´s a bit of zipper noise in the env´s here, when used f.e. on the cutoff...

btw, now that you´re on a native version - how about making the voice count adjustable, as well as increasing it to at least 12? you can´t really use it for pads with 6 voices and especially the jx8p was brilliant for pads.. that´s why i bought the jx10p back then... just a question.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Is 15-05 AU intended to Save an .fxp to disk?

It doesn't, in Mavericks 10.9.2. No file is created.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

brok landers wrote:there´s a bit of zipper noise in the env´s here, when used f.e. on the cutoff...

btw, now that you´re on a native version - how about making the voice count adjustable, as well as increasing it to at least 12? you can´t really use it for pads with 6 voices and especially the jx8p was brilliant for pads.. that´s why i bought the jx10p back then... just a question.
It's already in the code, but still causes some problems when changing the number of voices. That's why it is still disabled in the current version. The switch will appear in the "Settings" once the problems are sorted out.

As for the zipper noise: I still need to adjust the parameter smoothing a bit.

Martin

Spitfire31 wrote:Is 15-05 AU intended to Save an .fxp to disk?

It doesn't, in Mavericks 10.9.2. No file is created.

/Joachim
Not yet. So far saving only works for banks (*.fxb) and patches in text format (*.txt). The latter is for testing and cannot yet be read in.

*.fxp writing is on my list.

Martin

martin_l wrote:New files uploaded (*-15-05.*) which should hopefully fix the detune bug, the portamento bug, the FL note-off bug and introduce LFO delay.
First test of "AU-15-05" was successful - no tune change 44.1/48k!!

martin_l wrote:New files uploaded (*-15-05.*) which should hopefully fix the detune bug, the portamento bug, the FL note-off bug and introduce LFO delay.
awesome! tuning is spot on at 48000 in XT2/winxp x32 :party: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

martin_l wrote:
brok landers wrote:there´s a bit of zipper noise in the env´s here, when used f.e. on the cutoff...

It's already in the code, but still causes some problems when changing the number of voices. That's why it is still disabled in the current version. The switch will appear in the "Settings" once the problems are sorted out.

As for the zipper noise: I still need to adjust the parameter smoothing a bit.

Martin
great, that`s nice to hear... :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Note off bug solved, portamento is just weird, some high chirping noise :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/862 ... g81505.mp3

First PG8x-102a then PG8 -1505.

Does the new one roll of some high Frequencies ?

Chorus is getting closer.

Return to “Instruments”