Losynth - free, dirty vsti with character

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just found this http://losynths.blogspot.com/ If you want a crystal-clear sounding synth don't bother, but if you like your synths dirty and with lots of character, this is fantastic :) I played around with it just a little while and I got 50's organ sounds, analog sounds, odd noises, everything coming out from a layer of dust. I love it, many thanks to the developer!!

By the way, CPU consumption is almost zero on my old pentium 4 :o

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols, err I mean Losynth!!

Looks Peachy in a punk rock kida' way, thanks for posting Mac :tu:

Mmmm...quirky! I like the sound, and the way the controls don't always do exactly what you'd expect them to do, like a real battered old synth. I'm less impressed by the high-pitched hiss you sometimes get, but I suppose it all adds to the realism!

I wish he'd stuck with a more realistic switch behaviour though - clicking on them doesn't feel right.
Pithy apothegm goeth here...

thanks i looove dirty synths,will check this out

This one's got some serious personality. I might try to pair this with Explor3r tonight, see if
they play well together. A beautiful job, definitely a keeper. Thanks much-

In Reaper the FX dialogue (used for inserting instruments in project) says something about Team AIR.
Am I the only one to read this when loading LoSynth?

Odd... well, the synth is genuinely free, so why does this appear? :?

Thanks for the link Mac. It's still a work in progress so I'm liking the suggestions so far. Not sure where TeamAir is coming from, but I'm definitely just a guy that made a free VST. I've updated the .dll with the synthedit exported version. It's most certainly completely free!

I definitely agree that the rotary knobs should be turned and not clicked, and I've made a note of that. There are some other minor tweaks I'm considering as well.

Cheers guys

Hey Jabberwalky :)

Thanks again for the synth, lots of fun and very interesting indeed :)
If you really accept suggestions, I have a couple, if I may:

1 - retrigger option when monophonic

2 - MIDI learn - being able to externally control stuff like LFO's speed etc would allow the user to create some truly amazing retro blips and blops
:-o

3 - tempo syncable LFO's

The rest is great and I think touching anything else might ruin its awesome personality!

If I may, I would also add:

1 - stereo output (it would be helpful when you use insert effects, so they don't become mono as well)

2 - a 440 hz tone to tune the synth to would be very convenient :)

That's it, thanks again!

Thanks for this Jabberwalky ... d/loading for later :)

Thanks will give this a try
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

HiEnergy wrote:Image
hmmm... maybe because the synth was created with a cracked synthedit copy? just guessing, no blaming...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Whatever the case was, (which I believe boiled down to using a cracked version I was given) I've cleared that up and bought the full release. Now stop your whining, and enjoy the synth. ;)

Updates will be continuous, and I do plan on adding a 3rd ADSR routed to VCO Pitch. I've updated the new VST with a 440hz tone switch, just in case you actually wanted to tune it!

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”