how to use reason as a vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can anbody tell me how to use reason as a vst in cubase 5
without using reason rewire ? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Man, you are a happy guy. :)
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

madboyit wrote:can anbody tell me how to use reason as a vst in cubase 5
without using reason rewire ? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I guess you could wait until Reason v10 for this feature... :o :wink:

ReWire seems to be the only possible way at the moment.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Run two separate computers and soundcards/breakout boxes.

Reason on one and Cubase on two.

The output of Reason goes into input of Cubase.

Cheers

Simply take the Reason code and wrap it using the vst SDK and - presto - you have ReasonVST!

... of course, you'll need to study a lot and code a lot, and the whole process may take a while, too. But that's the shortest way to having what you want!

This all begs the question: what's wrong with ReWire?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

A.M. Gold wrote:This all begs the question: what's wrong with ReWire?
Can you draw automation for Reason instruments in Cubase? Can you freeze Reason in Cubase? Etc.

No the audio from reason is routed into cubases mixer
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

jazztard wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:This all begs the question: what's wrong with ReWire?
Can you draw automation for Reason instruments in Cubase? Can you freeze Reason in Cubase? Etc.
Don't know, but I'm assuming the answer is no.

Actually, come to think of it, I did know about things like no host-saving of settings through ReWire because I used to lamely run Giga 3 through it. You're right, it sucks.

I don't think Propellerhead is too worried, though, since they sort of have their own host now that plays real friendly with Reason.

OP answer : Rewire is the only way, and Reason will never run as VST (because they don't want to and oblige you to use Rewire).
So you will get two projects to save, extra wiring and more...

If you speak about Record to mix Reason tracks, it is not a VST host.
So in fact, you need Reason, Record and another DAW rewired to them to get VST support.Don't even dream about VST support inside Reason/Record.
What a simple work flow...

That's the reason ;) why i left Reason for a long time.
We live in the 21st century, not the 80's.

And if you want DAWs running as VST, i will say Usine, FL Studio, EXT2...

Reason sure is cute, though.

[quote="A.M. Gold"]This all begs the question: what's wrong with ReWire?[/quote]

some thoughts;

rewire is proprietary propellherheads, and is only in 32bit. This is a serious drawback and it comes to show the problem of proprietary closed systems.

64 bit is not a novelty in any stretch of ones imagination. They keep releasing a new reason every 1 1/2 years (incl. their hybrid Record), yet they drag their feed on Rewire 64bit (clearly there is a hidden agenda; Record!). Always this is the drawback of all closed systems (in particular, once they get a resonably large market share)

In the end i decided to give Reason a rest, precisely because of them constraining of Rewire.

i used to love Reason, but with the 64bit constraint i realized its hard to justify to hold back on 64bit DAW, etc.

can you imagine how much money they might make if they released individual modules as vst plugins?? CHA-CHING

I know I'd buy dr. rex, nn-xt and thor in a heartbeat.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

rifftrax wrote:can you imagine how much money they might make if they released individual modules as vst plugins?? CHA-CHING

I know I'd buy dr. rex, nn-xt and thor in a heartbeat.
But who will buy reason then?

A.M. Gold wrote:Man, you are a happy guy. :)
Til he finds out he can't use Reason as a VSTi. Then it'll be all :( :( :( :( :(
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Instruments”