One-Synth-Challenge 26: ZynAddSubFX - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ZynAddSubFX

V'ger wrote:Yea sounds like quite a challenge with not ideal listening conditions, but cool if you make a complete track like that.
and with one hand tied behind his back, to make things fair :wink: :)

Uploaded my entry: Twelve o' clock

This one was done
completely for fun
in L-M-M-S http://lmms.sourceforge.net
with ZynAddSubFX (11 instances)
no external effects

Like I already mentioned in OSC 25 thread I also release the project file so you can give me some advice/feedback on improving especially in mixing & mastering, arranging, composition, whatever;)
You can find the project file here:
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/lsp/index.p ... &file=1211

Btw, anybody who's got problems with ZynAddSubFX you could also try out LMMS.
It has an implented version of ZynAddSubFX which is the a vsti anyway but it should be working although I think some also got problems with that version.
Anyway, hope it's o.k. to use it...

Cheers,
CapDan

EDIT!!! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :nutter: :nutter:

!Disslexick M'I, moved Post . :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have delivered my something.
It's called Steam. It's about a long suffering steam engine in an old textile mill that yearns to be a famous composer and musician.

6 instances of the Zyn

spring on an aux fed by snare, tinkly thing and the breathy lead thing
blockfish on the kik thing and lead thing
EpicVerb and DensitymkII on the snare-thing

FerricTDS on the master

this was way too much fun, I wish I had more time to play with it, but I'm gonna be pretty busy the rest of the month, so I had to get it done. Enjoy!

:hihi: :-o :-o :-o :wink:
So I make a nice little project in XP using the new zyn beta, and some other goodies, finish up and save the project, and quit Reaper, then do a couple downloads, some flv conversions, and set up to try the latest version of fretkeys, but not much is cooperating, turns out the midi ports were shut down aagain by the zyn beta, so I shut down again, and decide to try a different standalone instrument, which loads okay, but when I press a key, it's my original complete project jamming away with all it's different sounds, the sequencer, and the DAW long since closed, opened, and closed again, GUIs off
in the ether, yet the project lives on :shock: :hihi: :shock:

(No wonder I switched to linux :wink: )

V'ger wrote:ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE
PRIZES:
Any other offers of prizes will be appreciated.
Which of prize runs natively on Linux?
drum and bass / dubstep / sub

http://soundcloud.com/bluszcz

I am getting the distinct impression that people aren't reading the rules...
Three songs posted on soundcloud but not here, all apparently with naming issues.

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote:I am getting the distinct impression that people aren't reading the rules...
Three songs posted on soundcloud but not here, all apparently with naming issues.

These are all LMMS users which "jumped on" while I was releasing my project file on the lmms sharing platform. Unfortunately, at least two of them even used samples. So, they definetely didn't read the rules. But I already informed them about it and I hope they rework their entries, otherwise they should be deleted.

Yes was wondering where they came from and some percs sounded too good to be true. Hope you can clear it up with them so they can enter properly as there's some good stuff in there.
bluszcz wrote:
PRIZES:
Sorry but I think none of them do.. :?

bluszcz wrote:
PRIZES:
Not natively, but Wusik runs fine using wineasio, the soundsets require around
14 gig, but hold many jewels. It's unique capabilities
make it a great compliment to linux instruments, and well
worth setting up a wine environment. To save disk space, I
used a symbolic link from the Wusik folder on a windows partition.

Eve 3 is another great instrument, and perfect for those who
like to make new layered sounds quickly, without a degree in rocket science.

The soundset prizes require the particular instrument to work, Alchemy and Sylenth1 I have tested successfully in linux.

Cheers

I hate to be a stickler, but I will add that when we get to voting, I make a point of not voting for entries with incorrectly formatted file-names. I figure if they didn't read the rules closely enough to know how to title the file, they may have missed some other things as well. Pull it down and resubmit if you want my vote! :)

Strict, but rule breaks nevertheless and there might something to what you say about missing one, missing more.

But we've seen on several occasions top entries not doing well after using wrong plugins, so there is definitely justice happening in the voting.

Here is my entry :)

It is my attempt to show that this synth is a whole orchestra in itself!

jackoo - Wild Cat in Space

The banks and complete ZynAddSubFX setup can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zl26kcsic ... ge_VDX.zip

I used only one instance of Zyn VST 450beta(12 channels in use, single output, so mixing is done internally in Zyn within the panel window). The host was EnergyXT 1.41.
No other vst plugins or effects used (just Zyn's effects).

I hope you folks enjoy it! :D And I hope I followed all the rules with the naming and such. Please tell me if there's a problem with that (my first time I participate to such a contest)

Cheers

===
VDX
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Cheers, cool to do everything inside Zyn.

jackoo wrote:Here is my entry :)

It is my attempt to show that this synth is a whole orchestra in itself!

jackoo - Wild Cat in Space

The banks and complete ZynAddSubFX setup can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zl26kcsic ... ge_VDX.zip

I used only one instance of Zyn VST 450beta(12 channels in use, single output, so mixing is done internally in Zyn within the panel window). The host was EnergyXT 1.41.
No other vst plugins or effects used (just Zyn's effects).

I hope you folks enjoy it! :D And I hope I followed all the rules with the naming and such. Please tell me if there's a problem with that (my first time I participate to such a contest)

Cheers

===
VDX
Hi, was this done on
windows eXT on windows?
linux eXT on linux
windows eXT on linux
? and what cpu/ram, and approximate cpu usage?
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”