One-Synth-Challenge 26: ZynAddSubFX - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ZynAddSubFX

With the 0-127 scale of the echo and wah's calculating to bpm was impossible and had to be done by ear or sight as you did. I just used external delays (mgTempoDelay and ReaDelay) that automatically syncs to the songs tempo.

For mastering I seem to use different stuff every time as I'm experimenting a lot, but for this one I used a dash of YOU WA SHOCK which is basically 4 presets of Maximus. It does multiband compression, limiting, saturation and stereo enhancing all in one. I also had a dash of high shelf EQ after that (SAP/EQ).

Another fav combo is MjMultibandCompressor and Rescue, but for subtler stuff FerricTDS and a limiter from Tls or Xhip and ReaEQ at the end.

A one stop shop for most of what you would need is Variety of Sound, try there.

Cheers V'ger. That site is a great resource. I tend to use open source stuff only as a part of my ubuntu studio setup but i might branch out into using these vsts too as they look great.

laklop, there are several options for Ubuntu:
  • Using the equivalent of what V'ger described.
    Multiband compression: Calf Multiband Compressor
    Limiting: LADSPA Fast Lookahead Limiter
    Stereo enhancing: Calf Exciter
    EQ: EQ10Q, Calf Equalizer
    Saturation: never used this but this has probably something to do with emulating tape and/or valve saturation, there are several decent plug-ins available that could do this
  • One-in-all solution: JAMin. Unfortunately JAMin fell off its pedestal recently because it contains some design flaws that influence your sound in a negative way. So personally I prefer using plug-ins. Besides, there's no need for JAMin anymore since plug-ins can do the job too (basically JAMin is a collection of LADSPA plug-ins packed together).
  • The non-free way: commercial plug-ins. I've recently purchased some linuxDSP plug-ins and for mastering it is my preferred solution, the MBC2 multi-band compressor is hard to beat, it just sounds really, really good and it's got a built-in saturation stage, i.e. it tries to emulate vintage stuff afaik.
Best,

Jeremy

I've uploaded my entry to Youtube also.

The Infinite Repeat (AutoStatic) - The Speeding Train

Best,

Jeremy

Return to “Instruments”