Razor by Errorsmith / Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THis is great fun. Instant gratification with Razor and there is definately way more here than DubStep...

Haven't had as much fun jamming with a plugin for ages. Old skool meets new skool and then some. It's a bit like a rekindled marriage of my rig...

''Something old, Something new, Something Borrowed and Something Blue''

'Its Fun ' 'It's dirty' 'It's Nasty' and you don't need to wear a hat...

Loving it

No hats required.
Last edited by MFXxx on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some favourable reviews in this thread. Just out of interest - how many of those are from people who wear hats indoors?

Trying to work out whether or not this synth is for me...

Sorry if I missed this, but is there a working demo available?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Okay, I study synthesis academically, so I'll give my non-dubstep opinion. I just bought this ten minutes ago, so I'll be giving running impressions:

-The interface is incredible. I immediately know where everything is.
-The oscillator selections are quite interesting. It has standard square-to-saws, formants, etc., but it also has some really cool ones like primes.
-The filters appear to be where it's at. The waterbed is really neat, but I'm particularly in love with formant decay. The Centroid stage mangles everything even further. I'm hearing some very fresh, new timbres right away.
-It runs a bit hot, but the two different limiters do their job. One is per partial, the other is end-stage, and has a nice sounding drive.

Okay, I'm excited to spend the rest of my day with this.

hakey wrote:Some favourable reviews in this thread. Just out of interest - how many of those are from people who wear hats indoors?

If people could add 'I wear a hat indoors' at the end of their review that would help immensely. Ta.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Also, in addition to my comments above, I just noticed that it does give a pretty beefy CPU hit. On my previous generation 13" Macbook Pro, I'm getting any where between 10 and 50%. This is the slowest Macbook available last year, so take that with a grain of salt. I'll have my quad-core desktop again on Sunday.

What processor speed?

musikmachine wrote:
hakey wrote:Some favourable reviews in this thread. Just out of interest - how many of those are from people who wear hats indoors?

If people could add 'I wear a hat indoors' at the end of their review that would help immensely. Ta.

i wear hats at all times, changing the hat depending on my mood.
currently im in fez mode.

but i dont own razor. sadly.

musikmachine wrote:If people could add 'I wear a hat indoors' at the end of their review that would help immensely. Ta.
Yep, and if you could also mention the hat type, if it is being worn at a rakish or jaunty angle (please specify which), and whether you have ever experimented with or would consider combining it with a raised hooded top...indoors.

thnx

vurt wrote:i wear hats at all times, changing the hat depending on my mood. currently im in fez mode.
Ah yes, the fez - perhaps the definitive indoors hat.

musikmachine wrote:What processor speed?
2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo

vurt wrote:
musikmachine wrote:

i wear hats at all times, changing the hat depending on my mood.
currently im in fez mode.

but i dont own razor. sadly.
Even in bed? :shock:

Well the fact that you wear a hat indoors has caused your credibility to skyrocket ime. Not many people can rock a fez.

musikmachine wrote:Even in bed? :shock:
depends who im with.

hakey wrote:
musikmachine wrote:If people could add 'I wear a hat indoors' at the end of their review that would help immensely. Ta.
Yep, and if you could also mention the hat type, if it is being worn at a rakish or jaunty angle (please specify which), and whether you have ever experimented with or would consider combining it with a raised hooded top...indoors.

thnx
I think you just described the average chav. :hihi:

thelizard wrote:
musikmachine wrote:What processor speed?
2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
Thanks. Probably gonna have issues with maschine then as it's only single core. Hmmm, buy plugin or upgrade processor? :wheee:

Return to “Instruments”