Z3ta+ 2 is here--Discuss inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LeVzi wrote:The more I read over it, the more this looks like being locked to Sonar only.
Let me repeat guys, Z3TA+ 2 is not locked to SONAR.

briandesmond wrote:
LeVzi wrote:The more I read over it, the more this looks like being locked to Sonar only.
Let me repeat guys, Z3TA+ 2 is not locked to SONAR.
Well then it is badly worded.
Later in July, SONAR X1 users who own Z3TA+ will be in for a special treat as we release the long-awaited Z3TA+ 2
But then it states at the bottom
If you already own Z3TA+, then the upgrade to Z3TA+ 2 is a must-have and will be available for a special price.
Hardly surprising it's misleading.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I don't need any more Synths, just bought Razor...ahh what the hell..

Cakewalk is NOT stupid and would never lock a potential cash cow like that to Sonar.
It may be available only to Sonar for a while, but just wait.

So could Rene fix z3ta+ now that he doesn't work for CW? Or does CW own the rights to z3ta+? Have no idea how that works...
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

jsp1979 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
RandomWave wrote:It doesn't appear to be tied just to Sonar owners -
By the way did I read somewhere that Rene has left Cakewalk or am I mistaken?
Rene said on this very forum that he no longer works for Cakewalk. That's the only info I've heard about it.
That's actually good news.....perhaps he'll come back here and restart his involvement with the RGC forum. I always liked and respected Rene.....before he was assimilated by the Cakewalk Borg........

osiris wrote:Cakewalk is NOT stupid
Well that could be the subject of much debate......:hihi:......ooops got to be careful.....it's forbidden to speak ill of developers......especially big ones that advertise...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

VSTJuNkiE wrote:So could Rene fix z3ta+ now that he doesn't work for CW? Or does CW own the rights to z3ta+? Have no idea how that works...
Not sure if he sold the rights to Z3TA's code to CW or not............if he's not developing Z3TA+ ver 2 who is I wonder?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

:hail: :hail: :uhuhuh: :hug:

headquest wrote::o

I always thought very highly of Z3TA+ but assumed they had pensioned it off in favour of Rapture. This is interesting....
Right.. I did not expect this either. I wonder if this means we'll get a Pentagon II in the future too?

I've had all 3 of the rgc:audio synths from back when they were rgc audio.. I hope they offer us long time owners a good discount.

I'm surprised Cakewalk was able to keep this under wraps for so long. This dropped out of nowhere like a lead weight.

If you were to ask just about anyone prior to this news if there would ever be a follow up to Z3ta+ most would pointed to Rapture as being it. I don't think this has even hit CW's own forum yet.

Kudos to jsp1979 for the spot!

Hm, the way I'm reading it is that if you have Sonar X-1 then it sounds like you'll get it for free. If you own Zeta version 1 then you'll be able to upgrade for a special price. Guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Sequent wrote:Hm, the way I'm reading it is that if you have Sonar X-1 then it sounds like you'll get it for free. If you own Zeta version 1 then you'll be able to upgrade for a special price. Guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.
I agree with you.

Matt

briandesmond wrote:Let me repeat guys, Z3TA+ 2 is not locked to SONAR.
Could the "Product Manager of Cakewalk, Inc." please mention this in his signature, if "he" (or in other words "you") somewhat signed up at KVR for this purpose?

Rather than posting one-liners, this would be a ton more understandable where you're coming from.

And since you're here, maybe fill us in on upgrade possibilities (for old users especially), what are some of the new features, which old features were ported over (importing arps, using own wave osc, the "Virus" Modpack, etc) and most importantly... what will that all cost?

Thank you.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

if they make a mac 64 bit version i am officially wanking for an entire day.

ttoz wrote:if they make a mac 64 bit version i am officially wanking for an entire day.
Way too much information shareage there buddy.

Return to “Instruments”