Corona synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Corona

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that i did quite like it, but unfortunately had some serious problems with sporadic clicks. For example, i INITed the synth and dialed in this nice disco bass here. I think the bass itself sounds fantastic, (really, i do, great juicy low end without any FX or EQ), but due to the clicks it would be pretty much unusable in a song. (Demo doesnt save so i can only post a screenshot of the UI in case youd like to verify/repro.) Think this can be improved yet or is this synth pretty much 'done' at this point?
Version is right and Phantom will remain as-is at the moment. Those sporadic clicks seems to be due very short envelope values.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Hey Georoge, I'm using the built-in browser. It's all empty. I purchased it anyways, as I got a good deal from ttoz, but I'll follow up by pm to see where the presets are supposed to be.
I'll bet he re buys Corona in the next 6 months once he "realises" what it can do, after Reading rave reviews
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Hey Georoge, I'm using the built-in browser. It's all empty. I purchased it anyways, as I got a good deal from ttoz, but I'll follow up by pm to see where the presets are supposed to be.
I'll bet he re buys Corona in the next 6 months once he "realises" what it can do, after Reading rave reviews
:lol:

AGREED!
[Insert Signature Here]

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Loving Corona, can't wait for it to be able to save in Ableton 64bit so I can use it!
We received Ableton licenses today, their support is first class.

Corona is working perfectly with Live and Live 64-bit. No issues using Audio Units / VST versions, so it must be related to your system configuration. I'd recommend making another user account using the same drive locations for your OS and home (as it's originally intended to be in OS X).

Ableton is aware of this already and you should contact them to speed up a fix.

Still no reply from Native Instruments.

george wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Loving Corona, can't wait for it to be able to save in Ableton 64bit so I can use it!
We received Ableton licenses today, their support is first class.

Corona is working perfectly with Live and Live 64-bit. No issues using Audio Units / VST versions, so it must be related to your system configuration. I'd recommend making another user account using the drive locations for your OS and home (as it's originally intended to be in OS X).

Ableton is aware of this already and you should contact them to speed up a fix.
Hmmm, but all my other VSTs are able to be saved in songs and instrument racks in Live 8 64bit. Corona wasn't able to install the content before you updated the installer because my home folder is not on my system drive. The inability to save Corona in 64bit must also be related to that. Is this something you will fix or is Corona unsupported when your home folder is on a separate drive? Haven't heard of that restriction before.

I will contact Ableton in case they are able to do something about it, but since all other VSTs work fine, I'm guessing they will say it's a Corona problem.

We can't reproduce the issue here since it's a very specific system configuration.

By the way have you tried using Audio Units too?

Also, try moving Corona.component / Corona.vst to ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components / VST and check if that fixes the behaviour.

george wrote:We can't reproduce the issue here since it's a very specific system configuration.

By the way have you tried using Audio Units too?

Also, try moving Corona.component / Corona.vst to ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components / VST and check if that fixes the behaviour.
I don't use audio units as they have too many disadvantages. I stick to only VST.

My system is a totally standard set up, except that my home folder is on a separate drive from my system drive. In order to reproduce the behavior, have you tested corona with a user with a home folder on a separate drive? Seems like an easy test. Create user with home on an external drive. Install corona for that user and remove corona files from your old documents folder temporarily.

This would be the first thing to check, since it is the only thing different about my system. Everything else is completely standard.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:My system is a totally standard set up, except that my home folder is on a separate drive from my system drive. In order to reproduce the behavior, have you tested corona with a user with a home folder on a separate drive? Seems like an easy test. Create user with home on an external drive. Install corona for that user and remove corona files from your old documents folder temporarily.
I have checked System Preferences and I have been unable to find a way to create a user account with home on an external drive. Using OS X 10.8.2.

So if only VST version wants to be used, open Terminal and paste code below, then type your account password:

Code: Select all

sudo mv /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Corona.vst "$HOME/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST"
Corona plug-in will be moved from the System Library to your Home Library. It could fix the problem.

I will try moving the corona VST to my user VST folder. I'll just move it over manually, no need for terminal.

As for creating a user with a home folder on an external drive, that's easy. First create a new user account. Then copy that user's home folder to an external drive. Now go into preferences and set this new external user folder to be the new home. Now delete the old one.

Google is your friend! ;)
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57 ... r-in-os-x/

If you can test this to see if there is an obvious fix that would be cool. I prefer to keep my VSTs together in the system VST folder.

Moving the Corona VST to my user VST folder fixes the issue. It's strange though that it works when in my user VST folder. My user folder is the thing that's on a separate drive. So it must need to be on the same drive as something else related to Corona, but what? Is there some kind of relative path reference being used that can't open the plug-in if it's on a different drive? Maybe the Corona settings file in the user library?

This must be easy to identify at this point because we know the culprit. You do still consider this a bug right?

Well I must be a freakin' genius. My theory was correct. I moved the folder discoDSP (with the the corona.settings file inside) from 'username/Library/Application Support/' to '/Library/Application Support/' (ie. from user home folder application support to system application support) after moving my VST back to the system VST folder and now the plug-in saves fine. You must be using some relative path reference somewhere that requires the plug-in to be on the same drive as the settings file for the 64bit version or something?

Anyways, if you install settings file to the system application drive rather than the user home folder, then it works. So the file is located at /Library/Application Support/discoDSP/corona.settings.

It must be something in JUCE library that is different in 64-bit version.

Check your mail please, there is a new beta build for you to try.

george wrote:Check your mail please, there is a new beta build for you to try.
Nice! I will check it out later tonight when I get home.

cheers!

Was just trying the demo... in arp mode the sustain pedal does not hold notes... is that intended behavior?

Return to “Instruments”