Interest in Fairlight for Kontakt? (completed)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cosmosis wrote:As for the legality of all this, I gotta say I'm not too sure. I feel all the work involved would entitle me to some compensation, but I will not sell this. I do not have permission to use Fairlight sounds. I do not have permission to use these specific sounds and I'm not even sure where they came from.

I'd gladly accept donations (I'm out of a job ATM actually) but I intend to release this for free, unless I'm breaking all sorts of rules here?

Maybe release the samples and the nkis separately?
I would get permission before proceeding, otherwise it's a form of Piracy I'm sure, I appreciate what you want to do but the law is the law I suppose, even though it's an age old sampler, they have just made new units of the Fairlight too so they still have commercial interest...

http://fairlightinstruments.com.au/

Well, I just sent a cordial email to Fairlight, so we'll see.

About the filter, I'm not a programmer by any sense, and I don't even know Kontakt scripting, nor do I have the means to pay a programmer. All I can offer now is the raw samples in a looped Kontakt form.

Working on Hi Strings now 8)
It's

cosmosis wrote:Well, I just sent a cordial email to Fairlight, so we'll see.
Good luck! :)

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

But wouldn't playing these as is would be like leaving the filters open in the FL?
It's

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Definitely interested, I'd happily pay for it if the patches used a simple faceplate with cutoff/FX etc knobs set up.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

If it's not a money-making scenario why not just share the samples ?

ghettosynth wrote: but they don't sound like this.
Thank God for that...............
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That SSM filter is yummy sounding.

EvilDragon wrote:That SSM filter is yummy sounding.
We have different definitions of "yummy" then..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

DubFox wrote:If it's not a money-making scenario why not just share the samples ?
Because it isn't legal.
Look at it this way: Would it be OK from me if I would buy a Tonehammer library and just give you a copy of it for free?

No it wouldn't, and everyone seems to understand that.
Just because I don't make any money from it doesn't mean that it is right.

But people seem to forget that the same rules apply for older samples (Even the 909 hihat or the D-50 samples). Just because these samples are old doesn't mean that everyone can make with them what he wants.

Just my 2c

I'm sure the OP doesn't have any wrong intentions :)
It's a lot of work and if the Fairlight guys give their permission everything is OK :)
I would remove the "Kontakt library hack" before you distribute the library though. This is definitely not legal. You basically "steal" (you know what I mean) NI the money you would have to pay to get a Kontakt Player version of this lib.

Cheers
Dennis
Last edited by Bronto Scorpio on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My question was asked under the assumption that using the samples wasn't illegal.
I'm not interested in that area of this discussion.

Return to “Instruments”