Interest in Fairlight for Kontakt? (completed)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, ok so maybe I am a little late to the party. I dl'd these quite some time ago but never had the chance to play with them. I unrared, and got them fired up yesterday. I was like WTF! This is an awesome Kontakt library, one of the very best collections of vintage sounds. Thanks so much for this, and glad to hear that you got your guitar back.

Also not surprised that you got help from Synthmagic, who makes imo the best instruments for Kontakt. Anyone not familiar, you should check it out. Really well implemented and programmed sounds. I only have one of his instruments, but I will without a doubt get more when I have the funds!

Hi all - happy to join in!
Looks like I'm a bit late to the party as well. The download link on Cosmosis's page no longer seems to work.
Would there be any other way to have these nki files uploaded? Obviously the best option would be to get them off the original site, so I can donate too.
Cheers!
MacBook Pro i7 - 16 GB RAM
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Tracktion 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, W8, W9, W10 Pro, W11 Pro, W11.5 Pro, W12 Pro
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

SonnyBoy wrote:Hi all - happy to join in!
Looks like I'm a bit late to the party as well. The download link on Cosmosis's page no longer seems to work.
Would there be any other way to have these nki files uploaded? Obviously the best option would be to get them off the original site, so I can donate too.
Cheers!
Link works fine here
http://fabel2112.wordpress.com/2011/08/ ... r-kontakt/
scroll down to the mediafire link

Cool.
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

Third post.
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

Fourth.
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

There we go, I couldn't post my previous message in full because of the 5-post rule spam alert... so..

Thank you so much, Sir!
Actually, for some reason, the related file wasn't loading with Safari, whereas the other links for Groovy Tunes and Mellotron loaded normally (although I do not want them...yet).
I tried again after your reply and it still didn't work.
But then I thought "ph0bic is taking the time to tell me that IT DOES WORK - hey, let's use another browser and BINGO! - it worked fine with Firefox. Go figure...
Cheers again! I'm having a full rainy Sunday to check them out.
10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Logic Pro X
ProTools 9, 10, 11

:tu:

Sweep1 wrote:This post was edited. I've left the original post but corrected it at the end.

Correction to my last post. I've just looked at the E&MM magazine from 1985 that discussed JM Jarre and Laurie Anderson.

I always thought the two of them had collaborated on Zoolook, because the cover feature links them and the two interviews are back to back and appear to be linked.

As I said above, I have little interest in either of them, so I hadn't ever read these interviews apart from quickly skimming through them. For the last 25 years I took the format the magazine editors had chosen to mean there was a connection between these two. It now looks like there isn't.

The irony is that this copy of the magazine was personally handed to me by the editor. :lol: Anyway, sorry for the misinformation. I'll read the Jarre interview and see if it throws any light on where he got the voice samples from.

EDIT: I've now read the JMJ interview, and it seems I was at least partly right the first time - there is a collaboration with Laurie Anderson, and some of the voices are hers on one track, Diva. There are also samples from all over the place, collected by different people, including voice samples.

According to Jarre there's something on the album that sounds like aliens, with no meaning but with emotion as if it has some meaning. Apparently that's Laurie Anderson. Reading what she says I'd conclude he must have sampled her voice, not just recorded it for the track, as she talks about him manipulating it. Not having heard the album as far as I know, I don't know if that's only one point in the track 'Diva,' or all of it.
So the vocal pad in Zoolook doesn't come from the Fairlight? I'm looking for that specific sound.

I had an original Emax for many years, and still have a bunch of floppies in the garage, just in case I ever get another one. Somewhere I also have a CDROM from Emu which has most of their sound library on it. I went as far as converting that to Kontakt format at one point, but it seems to have been lost in a hard drive crash some years ago. I'll poke around and see if I can locate anything useful.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

izonin wrote:So the vocal pad in Zoolook doesn't come from the Fairlight? I'm looking for that specific sound.
The lead melody sound in Zoolook is definitely a Fairlight sample called "Sararr" from the Humans 1 disk. The actual Ahhh choir pad (not the short vocal stabs) is probably a slightly tweaked (IE just raised attack with reverb) "Peter1" sample from the same disk.

Found an interesting read about Sararr.

http://fairlightinstruments.com.au/foru ... opic=126.0

Just adding my thanks for this library, wasn't aware of it before I saw this thread :)

This is a quality library. I keep planning to use it on an 80's style track...one of these days.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Is it OK to run the MagicoISO pack that's with the RAR files? If so what is the order of doing things to install? Thx

Return to “Instruments”