Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

alvfaria wrote:I'm working on something... eh... yellow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please finish : )

Will there ever be a version for mac? I really want to be ablet o use this.

100F wrote:Will there ever be a version for mac? I really want to be ablet o use this.
I'd love to port Charlatan (and my other plugins for that matter) to Mac, however, lots of work is to be done to make the code base truly cross-platform (mainly GUI stuff). So please be patient...

karrikuh wrote:
100F wrote:Will there ever be a version for mac? I really want to be ablet o use this.
I'd love to port Charlatan (and my other plugins for that matter) to Mac, however, lots of work is to be done to make the code base truly cross-platform (mainly GUI stuff). So please be patient...
That's great news!

Thank you for your response. :)

Have a great day!

I just tried Charlatan for the first time and it sounds really good! Thanks!
However, as you can hear below (towards the end) it give me little crackles and clicks. I'm using Cubase 6.5. Any idea why?

http://soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio/ch ... troduction
Last edited by Ghostwave on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

you might be over driving the sub - 40hz frequencies, try slapping a steep cut hf filter on the output because charlatan has a powerful bottom end. :!:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:you might be over driving the sub - 40hz frequencies, try slapping a steep cut hf filter on the output because charlatan has a powerful bottom end. :!:
I tried the steepest cut with Equality: no change. and it does exactly the same thing in Cantabile performer. :shrug:

If it is not an overload within your DAW, maybe it is your computer not keeping up with the calculations.
When using high resonance values and low cutoff frequencies one hears noise with many synths, noise that is usually hidden within the higher frequencies of the regular patch sound.
Have you tried it without the delay?

Ghostwave wrote:I just tried Charlatan for the first time and it sounds really good! Thanks!
However, as you can hear below (towards the end) it give me little crackles and clicks. I'm using Cubase 6.5. Any idea why?

http://soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio/so ... -charlatan
Hi, I checked your sound example and confirm that neither are these crackles normal nor did I experience anything similar with the hosts I used. You are stating that you're using a delay effect in the example, did you verify the crackles still occur with the raw Charlatan output? Can you try Charlatan on your machine with Reaper because that's one of the hosts I know for sure work fine for me.

karrikuh wrote:
Ghostwave wrote:I just tried Charlatan for the first time and it sounds really good! Thanks!

http://soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio/so ... -charlatan
Hi, I checked your sound example and confirm that neither are these crackles normal nor did I experience anything similar with the hosts I used. You are stating that you're using a delay effect in the example, did you verify the crackles still occur with the raw Charlatan output? Can you try Charlatan on your machine with Reaper because that's one of the hosts I know for sure work fine for me.
I just did that:
Cubase 6.5.4 (32 bit) with no delay: the crackles are still present.
Reaper 4.33 with similarly automated cutoff and Q (no delay): no crackles.

Sound FX with 100% Charlatan

Here's an example of what FX you can do with charlatan + processing:

https://soundcloud.com/bjporter/bjporte ... rt-exhibit

Ghostwave wrote: Cubase 6.5.4 (32 bit) with no delay: the crackles are still present.
I could be wrong, but as far as i experienced, clipping artifacts already occur below the displayed "meter clipping border" in Cubase. So you might wanna try to turn the channel's output even lower, and see if you still have crackles.

chk071 wrote:
Ghostwave wrote: Cubase 6.5.4 (32 bit) with no delay: the crackles are still present.
I could be wrong, but as far as i experienced, clipping artifacts already occur below the displayed "meter clipping border" in Cubase. So you might wanna try to turn the channel's output even lower, and see if you still have crackles.
I was going to suggest the same thing - either that, or the general output volume of your computer...

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I was going to suggest the same thing - either that, or the general output volume of your computer...
I tried but no change.
It still occurs with the output peaking at -4.2 dB and with the CPU load at 10%
It's the only plugin I have which does that and this crackle has never occured to me before, in any other situation. :shrug:
But it's interesting to note that it always happens at the exact same place in the track.

Charlatan was simply clipping a little internally and since the output level was turned down in Cubase, I easily missed it.

Return to “Instruments”