Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

only problem is i don't use mulab
In the future there will be robots!

haven't read the whole thread, so apologize if this has already be adressed, but studio one as well as xt don't see charlatans latest version...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

I have Studio One Prof. 2.0.6 and it sees the latest Charlatan fine. Windows 7-64 bit.

LAGinz wrote:I have Studio One Prof. 2.0.6 and it sees the latest Charlatan fine. Windows 7-64 bit.
I see it in Studio One V2 x64, but it makes no sound. No error message or anything, it's just totally silent.. Works fine in Reaper x64.
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

I just uploaded a quick bugfix release which hopefully fixes the issue regarding lack of sound in certain hosts. Stupid mistake on my side...

Hi... I just downloaded, installed and begun to try Charlatan in cubase5 and found no bugs so far... Are there any Charlatan banks around?... :oops: erm... not of the kind that needs bail-outs and such (of those we all know there are plenty, lol), but Charlatan sound-banks...
I'm thinking of making my own Charlatan bank (I promise I will not gamble with your money as it's going to be totally interest free -- sorry, couldn't resist again! :D ), but it's going to take some time, as I like to program my sounds as I go along making new songs.

By the way, (and I'm not kidding anymore) I really like this synth, don't change the GUI and/or color, concentrate instead on the features and functionallities.
I wish one could route the Mod Wheel to some parameters (mainly Filter cutoff).
AfterTouch to controlling LFO vibratto would be nice too. Otherwise it seems to me just right in every other aspect, judging from my first impressions. Very nice overall sound quality.
Ah!... and don't change the name either -- it's an attention grabber for sure!
Many thanks to the developer for this little gem. :)
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Charlatan doesn't seem to work with any host running on Linux with WINE(1.5.10) 32 bit. Don't know why!! :)

Great synth!

Please consider adding the option to route both the LFO and ENV to the filter at the same time.

And for those of you that want skins I'm working on a couple, just don't expect them soon, I'm good at graphics but don't have the enthusiasm for doing it that I used to, but this is such a quality synth I just have to skin it... just at my own pace ;)

Can someone explain what the knob DCO in the filter section does? I know DCO = digital controlled oscillator, but how does it influence the pitch?

+1 (pitch section)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:+1 (pitch section)
Oops, I was wrong, it's the pitch section, not filter.

manducator wrote:Can someone explain what the knob DCO in the filter section does? I know DCO = digital controlled oscillator, but how does it influence the pitch?
It emulates the characteristics of a DCO with all voices running from a master clock. Most notably when two or more octaves sound, they'll be phase locked with eachother, eliminating beating.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
manducator wrote:Can someone explain what the knob DCO in the filter section does? I know DCO = digital controlled oscillator, but how does it influence the pitch?
It emulates the characteristics of a DCO with all voices running from a master clock. Most notably when two or more octaves sound, they'll be phase locked with eachother, eliminating beating.
LOL and i tried it with a single note sustained sound to check if the mod knob will have any effect when the button is depressed.
No wonder i couldn't hear and see (oscilloscope) any difference :)

Thanks.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Sendy wrote:It emulates the characteristics of a DCO with all voices running from a master clock. Most notably when two or more octaves sound, they'll be phase locked with eachother, eliminating beating.
So it's a sync button for the osc?

Return to “Instruments”