Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Teksonik wrote:Something like this would be easy on the eyes for long periods...........

I sooooo agree with you ;)

Wow, what a great synth! :tu:

The red GUI is fine for me :)

In Ableton Live 8.2.2, changing the presets is not so elegant. I have to open them one by one, can't browse through them easily. This is a problem I have with most plug-ins in Live, most of the time I have to use the build-in presets browser of the plug-in.

kylie wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Something like this would be easy on the eyes for long periods...........
Came out a little more purple than I had intended........ :hihi:

By the way this synth is capable of a wicked Hard Sync sound........ :love:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

IrionDaRonin wrote: I missunderstood that phrase, thought you mean Gui is thus and won't be in another way. Lack of sleep hours. Sorry.

Well, there you have two skins at the moment. We posted at same time, so maybe you didn't saw them yet.
I really like the gray and orange one.
And yeah, be honest, always, i like honest people. But don't be cruel :hihi:
It's practically my third Gui. I made in about one hour.

You could make a poll about Gui colors.
And also, anyway, i could do more in time if people are interested in other colors.
These skins are not finished yet, maybe new knobs, and the name in the center when you finally decide it.

Have a good day, i need to take a rest :)
OK, so my initial impression about your designs is that, while not exactly bad, I'm not really too excited and clearly prefer mine:
* I do not like unnecessary pseudo-3D effects and prefer an overall flat, simplistic look
* introducing a new color besides the background makes the look unnecessarily more busy

I'm sorry to say that, apart from the background color, it will be very hard to convince me of a new design. I do not want to discourage you but you have to keep this in mind when spending your time on this.

I wonder how hard it would be to allow custom background colors something like Synth 1? Then everyone could have the color they like........ :shrug:

For the record I don't have anything against the gui layout at all....it's just I find Red harsh on the eyes......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If there was an RGB color switch on the GUI I'd probably choose this color............. :D

kylie wrote:

I do agree as well. Still, other suggestions are welcome...

Teksonik wrote:If there was an RGB color switch on the GUI I'd probably choose this color............. :D

Not this? (I call it Kraft Dinner :hihi:)

Teksonik wrote:I wonder how hard it would be to allow custom background colors something like Synth 1? Then everyone could have the color they like........ :shrug:
Yeah, maybe this is actually better than swamping the thread with color proposals.
Technically, it shouldn't actually be too big of a deal.

Liking this more and more. Sound is clear and gritty and the relative simplicity is inspiring.

A new GUI is not such a big deal for me, getting stereo out and preset bank support would be nice though.

AdmiralQuality wrote:Not this? (I call it Kraft Dinner :hihi:)
Hey now.....that was during my "Yellow" period......... :hihi:

It is pretty butt ugly and certainly not the skin I use on PolyAna......... :D

karrikuh wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I wonder how hard it would be to allow custom background colors something like Synth 1? Then everyone could have the color they like........ :shrug:
Yeah, maybe this is actually better than swamping the thread with color proposals.
Technically, it shouldn't actually be too big of a deal.
Sounds like a good plan.............. :tu:

Personally, I would prefer a Windows 3.1 look:

And liking it muchs! This is probably simpler than all other synths I use, but that can be a good thing. It helps me concentrate on the tone itself rather than modulations and such. I started making Stereolab-like sounds right away..

Congrats!

P.S. I like the red :)
It's

bpblog wrote:i've created a small bank for Charlatan... only 14 presets for now, but i'll make more soon:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3020648/bpb/bpb ... nk_v01.zip
Thx, nice presets.

cosmosis wrote:Personally, I would prefer a Windows 3.1 look:

looks awesome! green is such a calming color...

:hihi:

but really, if the dev designs to change the default red color, i would vote for a deep dark green. i like the current red because it's original - not too many red synths out there for sure. blue and grey are ok, but also overused. dark green would still be very original but also easier on the eye.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Return to “Instruments”