Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Unfortunately there's no sound in VST-Host or Samplitude - don't know why. But
it loads the presets now, both....

ciao
armin

Just downloaded this synth and tried it in Vsthost.
No sound here :(

karrikuh wrote:
Jazz Franco wrote:Cute little synth, bot for some reason presets don't load in Psycle :(
From a point that's good cause it's simple to create sounds from scratch with this, and that can be creative, yet if the next version will work in Psycle with all features on, that'll be even better/
Yeah, seems that Psycle won't read FXPs exported from REAPER. Since I don't know a simple solution I fear you have to live with it for now... However, loading FXPs which have been created by Psycle itself works smoothly.
Ah, no problem -- and thanks for sharing this nice little synthy :)
2V'ger: thanx for the tip, shall try it out.

preset loading not happening in Orion.
nice synth, does good 'dirt', moog-y stuff.
needs presets, tho'...

Today I have actually been able to download the file and extract the contents.
All works fine in FL9 on XP. Cheers.

i don't know how true it ultimately is,

a guy who used to do lighting for stage once told me "red makes monkeys tired" - something to do with dispersion in the atmosphere at sunrise and sunset.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Jazz Franco wrote:
karrikuh wrote:
Jazz Franco wrote:Cute little synth, bot for some reason presets don't load in Psycle :(
From a point that's good cause it's simple to create sounds from scratch with this, and that can be creative, yet if the next version will work in Psycle with all features on, that'll be even better/
Yeah, seems that Psycle won't read FXPs exported from REAPER. Since I don't know a simple solution I fear you have to live with it for now... However, loading FXPs which have been created by Psycle itself works smoothly.
Ah, no problem -- and thanks for sharing this nice little synthy :)
2V'ger: thanx for the tip, shall try it out.
Fixed in 0.9.2. It was just the file extension!
Last edited by karrikuh on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

echopark wrote:Just downloaded this synth and tried it in Vsthost.
No sound here :(
Fixed in 0.9.2.

i've created a small bank for Charlatan... only 14 presets for now, but i'll make more soon:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3020648/bpb/bpb ... nk_v01.zip
Last edited by bpblog on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

It would be interesting to know the reason for the name. "Charlatan", according to the dictionary, is: "a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud."

Is there a joke here that I'm missing? ;-)

/Joachim

PS Has anyone ever done sociological research on how many virtual analog synth we need?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Great synth, easy to use, low on CPU (in fact the most low CPU usage i ever tested)
Some nice features and a good-unique sound.
The only thing i don't like so much is the Gui, which i would like to skin if i have permission from the creator.

Spitfire31 wrote:It would be interesting to know the reason for the name. "Charlatan", according to the dictionary, is: "a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud."

/Joachim

PS Has anyone ever done sociological research on how many virtual analog synth we need?
Sorry, but that's not correct at all, at least not in spanish.
'Charlatan' is a spanish word which means 'very talkative'. A person who likes to talk so much.

Have a good day :)

Spitfire31 wrote:It would be interesting to know the reason for the name. "Charlatan", according to the dictionary, is: "a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud."
IrionDaRonin wrote:Sorry, but that's not correct at all, at least not in spanish.
'Charlatan' is a spanish word which means 'very talkative'. A person who likes to talk so much.
FWIW: In Portuguese the meaning is exactly the same as Spitfire31 has pointed out ("a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud.")

xoxos wrote:i don't know how true it ultimately is,

a guy who used to do lighting for stage once told me "red makes monkeys tired" - something to do with dispersion in the atmosphere at sunrise and sunset.
I can't speak for my close relatives the monkeys but Red burns my eyes in just a short time...luckily this looks like a pretty simple synth so one is not likely to spend hours at a time staring at the gui making patches but I'd suggest a more neutral blue/gray or take the chap up on his offer to skin it........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

/Joachim

Well, when I chose the name I considered a "charlatan" as just a person who pretends to be someone (s)he isn't (hint to virtual analog). Also, I just thought it sounded good. I admit that the true meaning is rather bad from a marketing point of view :) and I'm seriously considering a name change for the final 1.0 release. I'm open to suggestions, but please keep the name short, simple and memorizable!

karrikuh wrote:I'm open to suggestions, but please keep the name short, simple and memorizable!
perhaps - Character? the synth pack a lot of it, IMHO. :]
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Return to “Instruments”