Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

karrikuh wrote: [*] GUI: new background color. Fixes eye cancer.[/b]
karrikuh wrote:Image
Just out of curiosity what was the old color? This red one would make your eyes bleed in a matter of minutes...... :hihi:

Thanks for the synth.......sounds good ! :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bpblog wrote:i've created a small bank for Charlatan... only 12 presets for now, but i'll make more soon:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3020648/bpb/bpb ... nk_v01.zip
Thanks, this is cool! However, I recommend to wait with further preset programming until version 1.0 has been released because it's likely there will be at least one change to the parameter configuration during beta phase which renders previous presets partly invalid.

Teksonik wrote:Just out of curiosity what was the old color? This red one would make your eyes bleed in a matter of minutes...... :hihi:
Then maybe you don't want to see the old one ... :hihi:. But I realize I have to be very conservative in the choice of background color. Again, I'm open to suggestions (you can post your favorite RGB background color code like #ff3050 here).

Regarding skinning:
* I do not plan to provide official skinning support. Charlatan is what it is, no chameleon.
* If someone wants to do his custom skinned plugin, I'm ok with this. However, if you plan to give this to other people or publish it on the Internet, make sure you clearly indicate it's a modified/skinned version rather than the original and maybe additionally provide a URL link to this thread! Thanks!

just to report that i've been tweaking Charlatan all day today and my eyes are 100% ok. :D

honestly, i really like the red colored GUI!

perhaps if you eventually decide to change the color there could be two versions of the synth (like Ugo's Rez 3 for example?).
karrikuh wrote:
bpblog wrote:i've created a small bank for Charlatan... only 12 presets for now, but i'll make more soon:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3020648/bpb/bpb ... nk_v01.zip
Thanks, this is cool! However, I recommend to wait with further preset programming until version 1.0 has been released because it's likely there will be at least one change to the parameter configuration during beta phase which renders previous presets partly invalid.
ok thanks for the tip, point taken.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Then i failed about the 'charlatan' thingie. :hihi:
Sorry.

Suggestion names always in common with the color, the modulation and the unique sound:

-CharactRed.
-VibraLounge.
-VibRed.
-Red Mod.
-UniRed.
-Ruby. (It's a little red jewel really)
karrikuh wrote:Regarding skinning:
* I do not plan to provide official skinning support. Charlatan is what is, no chameleon.
* If someone wants to do his custom skinned plugin, I'm ok with this. However, if you plan to give this to other people or publish it on the Internet, make sure you *clearly* indicate it's a modified/skinned version rather than the original and maybe additionally provide a URL link to this thread! Thanks!
Of course. Don't be worried about that, i'm very legal, i like to ask permission always and do the things well. So i'm not going to do anything with your synth without your permission ;)

Maybe i will have a bit time this evening to make a quick one.
I will post the result here today or tomorrow.

Note: I will only change the knobs, the sliders and the background color, not the place of things because the synth is very clean and usable as is it now. Which is a good work.

Have a good day :)

karrikuh wrote:
Then maybe you don't want to see the old one ... :hihi:. But I realize I have to be very conservative in the choice of background color. Again, I'm open to suggestions (you can post your favorite RGB background color code like #ff3050 here).

Regarding skinning:
* I do not plan to provide official skinning support. Charlatan is what it is, no chameleon.
* If someone wants to do his custom skinned plugin, I'm ok with this. However, if you plan to give this to other people or publish it on the Internet, make sure you clearly indicate it's a modified/skinned version rather than the original and maybe additionally provide a URL link to this thread! Thanks!
I'll post some RGB suggestions later......
IrionDaRonin wrote: Of course. Don't be worried about that, i'm very legal, i like to ask permission always and do the things well. So i'm not going to do anything with your synth without your permission ;)

Note: I will only change the knobs, the sliders and the background color, not the place of things because the synth is very clean and usable as is it now. Which is a good work.

Why don't you two work together on the official skin? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TekSonik wrote:Why don't you two work together on the official skin? :)
If the creator wants, i haven't problem, but he already said he wants his synth in red, no changes, hehe :)

But yeah, it would be nice for improve myself, i like to make little things, skins, details, and this kind of things. I really enjoy when i'm focused making detailed things.

The creator of the synth has the last word :)

Very very NICE VA. i love the small size, the occilators sound very crisp and defined. what i would really love to see on this is amplitude and filter Velocity modulation. add that and we have a truly killer vst.

as far as color, i think a universally liked color scheme of silver and black
would fit the bill.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Original size here

Original size here

I need to change these knobs yet, but they are ok really.
I go to eat, i didn't eat yet!

Have a good day. :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrionDaRonin wrote: If the creator wants, i haven't problem, but he already said he wants his synth in red, no changes, hehe :)

But yeah, it would be nice for improve myself, i like to make little things, skins, details, and this kind of things. I really enjoy when i'm focused making detailed things.

I didn't say I want it red no matter what, or at least I didn't mean that. However, I have to say that personally, I'm 100% satisfied with my GUI design as it is. That said, I'm always open to alternative designs and if it turned out that one of them really convinces me I would consider replacing the current official GUI. But be warned I will be brutally honest if I don't like them :)

Then again I have to say that I would rather concentrate now on finalizing Charlatan feature-wise than debating the GUI design.

karrikuh wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote: If the creator wants, i haven't problem, but he already said he wants his synth in red, no changes, hehe :)

I didn't say I want it red no matter what, or at least I didn't mean that. However, I have to say that personally, I'm 100% satisfied with my GUI design as it is. That said, I'm always open to alternative designs and if it turned out that one of them really convinces me I would consider replacing the current official GUI. But be warned I will be brutally honest if I don't like them :)

Then again I have to say that I would rather concentrate now on finalizing Charlatan feature-wise than debating the GUI design.
karrikuh wrote:I do not plan to provide official skinning support. Charlatan is what it is, no chameleon.
I missunderstood that phrase, thought you mean Gui is thus and won't be in another way. Lack of sleep hours. Sorry.

Well, there you have two skins at the moment. We posted at same time, so maybe you didn't saw them yet.
I really like the gray and orange one.
And yeah, be honest, always, i like honest people. But don't be cruel :hihi:
It's practically my third Gui. I made in about one hour.

You could make a poll about Gui colors.
And also, anyway, i could do more in time if people are interested in other colors.
These skins are not finished yet, maybe new knobs, and the name in the center when you finally decide it.

Have a good day, i need to take a rest :)

karrikuh wrote:I realize I have to be very conservative in the choice of background color
*please* do keep an eye open for my next synth release in about a week :hihi: you'll get a good smirk out of it.

i like the gray and orange.. you can't go wrong with grayscale and a bit of orange.. makes it look like a power tool. men will feel strangely attracted to it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I don't think the red is harsh, I'm nearsighted but can't see it fatiguing me.

And my monitor has the brightness all the way up, since the colors are somewhat faded.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I don't think the red is harsh, I'm nearsighted but can't see it fatiguing me.

And my monitor has the brightness all the way up, since the colors are somewhat faded.
Spend an hour looking at it.........then after they take the bandages off in a few days get back to us.......... :hihi:

I like the orange and gray mock up above.......functional and classy as well......and xoxos is right it looks like a Tool....one you'd use to make something....like Music.......... :tu:

(Although I'm not too fond of the beveled edges)

Something like this would be easy on the eyes for long periods...........

Return to “Instruments”