Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

I suspect it is not the length of the envelopes but their strength that velocity can control.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:I suspect it is not the length of the envelopes but their strength that velocity can control.
Correct.

thanks a lot for this synth!!!! and for the one who made the modular skin!
:D

Hello! Not sure if that has been brought up but the frequency knobs are lacking precision and it is difficult dial in some intermediate settings consistently.

Don't have the last update maybe it is resolved but thought I'd mention it..

Keep it up! It's a great synth

my go-to bassline synth, thank you for making this!

A few more features that would benefit greatly in multi-layering basic synths:

1) Pre-attack time. Basically the period of time between receiving the midi event, and responding to it. Very useful for adding sound layers with short attacks, but start a little later after the initial sound.

2) Pan control. For multi-layering again. For non modular hosts like Reaper, it's hard to control pan for single plugins in a chain.

yul wrote:Hello! Not sure if that has been brought up but the frequency knobs are lacking precision and it is difficult dial in some intermediate settings consistently.

Maybe a simple value LCD at the bottom of the filter column would make sense for all slider and knob values. I suggest a blue one like this :D
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00qe ... -Meter.jpg

I would also like it if lit buttons were not white, but in a subtle matte green or orange color like with some Boss hardware:
http://static.musiciansfriend.com/deriv ... 51_top.jpg

yul wrote:Hello! Not sure if that has been brought up but the frequency knobs are lacking precision and it is difficult dial in some intermediate settings consistently.

Never had an problem with this myself. You are aware of shift+click-dragging for fine adjustment of knobs/faders, are you?

Evan wrote:A few more features that would benefit greatly in multi-layering basic synths:

1) Pre-attack time. Basically the period of time between receiving the midi event, and responding to it. Very useful for adding sound layers with short attacks, but start a little later after the initial sound.

2) Pan control. For multi-layering again. For non modular hosts like Reaper, it's hard to control pan for single plugins in a chain.
Can both easily be achieved in REAPER by inserting some channel delay/pan JS plugin or the ChannelTool plugin from my recently released effects suite (lower CPU usage than JS):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369138

fluffy_little_something wrote:

Maybe a simple value LCD at the bottom of the filter column would make sense for all slider and knob values. I suggest a blue one like this :D
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00qe ... -Meter.jpg

I would also like it if lit buttons were not white, but in a subtle matte green or orange color like with some Boss hardware:
http://static.musiciansfriend.com/deriv ... 51_top.jpg
I think this has been requested before. My view is that with VA-style synths, I like to tweak purely by ear, don't want to be distracted by numbers. For the rare case you really want to know the exact value, switch to DAW's default plugin UI.

karrikuh wrote: I think this has been requested before. My view is that with VA-style synths, I like to tweak purely by ear, don't want to be distracted by numbers. For the rare case you really want to know the exact value, switch to DAW's default plugin UI.
Yes :!:

I have a friend who was mixing something as i were there to visit.

"Do you think 11.45 sounded better than 12.00?"

He was serious! He didn't even use the knob, he entered those numbers manually!
:hug:

Actually, I support that view. But in that case it would be even more consistent to get rid of all the scales of knobs and sliders, just specifying the min and max points and nothing in between, as even without precise values one is tempted to set the knob or slider to one of those little division lines or halfway between two neighboring ones :hihi:

Well, if anyone would want that we now know how to edit the background skin ;)
I prefer to keep it as it is..
:hug:

We do? 8)

Return to “Instruments”