Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Did development of Charlatan end with v1.4.1 ?

It's about 18 months since that was released now.

Numanoid wrote:Did development of Charlatan end with v1.4.1 ?

it appears like it did... shame, i would have liked to have seen a built in patch manager, more osc shapes and a 3rd osc added. :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:

it appears like it did... shame, i would have liked to have seen a built in patch manager, more osc shapes and a 3rd osc added. :cry:
If the dev decides it's done, then it's done :hihi:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote:If the dev decides it's done, then it's done :hihi:
Dev decide deals done :D

layzer wrote:

... and the MIDI Learn.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
layzer wrote:

... and the MIDI Learn.
Works in Reaper :hihi:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

crimsonwarlock wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
layzer wrote:

... and the MIDI Learn.
Works in Reaper :hihi:
....and EXT2! :wheee:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Let me assure you that development of Charlatan has not stopped. To the contrary, since early this year, I've been working heavily (as much as my spare time allows me to) on a major update. Although already in a quite usable shape, current builds still have a couple of issues left which need to be sorted out before making a release. I was originally hoping to have a nice XMAS present ready for you all, at this point however I doubt I will make it until then.

karrikuh wrote:Let me assure you that development of Charlatan has not stopped. To the contrary, since early this year, I've been working heavily (as much as my spare time allows me to) on a major update. Although already in a quite usable shape, current builds still have a couple of issues left which need to be sorted out before making a release. I was originally hoping to have a nice XMAS present ready for you all, at this point however I doubt I will make it until then.
:hail:

Curious as to what this major update will bring :hyper:

karrikuh wrote:Let me assure you that development of Charlatan has not stopped. To the contrary, since early this year, I've been working heavily (as much as my spare time allows me to) on a major update. Although already in a quite usable shape, current builds still have a couple of issues left which need to be sorted out before making a release. I was originally hoping to have a nice XMAS present ready for you all, at this point however I doubt I will make it until then.
Make it an Easter egg then :roll:

So, maybe to celebrate the New Year?
:party:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

If he can't finish it by xmas, you really want him to spend his holidays programming? 8)

A 24-pole low-pass filter would be cool, and envelopes so snappy that the release has finished before the attack has started 8)
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:If he can't finish it by xmas, you really want him to spend his holidays programming? 8)
Why not?
:hihi:
Between two glasses of Champagne... hop! Two lines of code...

I joke, eh, of course...

I already enjoy Charlatan as it is so I don't ask for anything, and if one day the dev shows us a new version I will be happy of course, as everybody. Whenever it happens, at Christmas as well as at the next Halloween.

In fact I even never prefer a date to early, because as long is the time to test a product before its release... as good is the quality and the hunt for issues without complains by the users.
:tu:

That's why I never use the expression "I'm impatient to get..." and I prefer to wait patiently...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Make it an Easter egg then
Easter Sunday is already April 5 ;)

Return to “Instruments”