Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

It sounds fantastic!!! I must have missed the 1.1 because the 2 oct switch is new to me.. and i think i even requested something similar :oops:

If i ever were to build a hardware controller for a softsynth, this one would be it :) So simple yet so incredible easy to get a great variety of sounds from it. All the new features seems like a very good choice. Now i have to play some more with it.. :)

Thanks karrikuh!
:hug:

Thank you :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

V'ger wrote:Cool, synced LFO, thanks for the update but getting this nasty error message in both REAPER and Minihost (XP 32 SP3):

Dammit, I think I know the reason: This version has been built with the latest Microsoft Compiler, and only now after some quick googling I realized it doesn't support Windows earlier than Vista as target anymore!! Just to make sure: you didn't get it to load with *any* host under XP, right?

I probably will have to revert to the older compiler for the time being (I read they are still discussing XP support for the final release of the compiler so there's still hope). I will update the package with new builds soon. In the mean-time, can somebody else using XP please confirm the problem, just to make sure?

Right, won't load in Savihost or Cantabile Lite either, but they don't give a specific reason, just general no-load error messages.

Any difference in CPU use in the new version?

V'ger wrote:Right, won't load in Savihost or Cantabile Lite either, but they don't give a specific reason, just general no-load error messages.
Actually the error message you showed above is specific enough :).

I found a blog entry describing a workaround so I could keep using the new compiler. I uploaded new builds here for testing:
(EDIT: URL removed. Main download now updated with new XP-compatible builds)

Please let me know if it works.
Last edited by karrikuh on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

won't load in live or cantabile lite
win xp here

dave

LAGinz wrote:Any difference in CPU use in the new version?
The new 4-pole lowpass filter code is more efficient than the previous version. Other than that, I didn't notice much of a difference in CPU usage.

The great rewrite using hand-optimized SSE code is still due... first want to let the feature set mature.

karrikuh wrote:I found a blog entry describing a workaround so I could keep using the new compiler. I uploaded new builds here for testing:
http://www.blaukraut.info/downloads/cha ... _winxp.zip
Please let me know if it works.
Loads fast and works fine, cheers for a fast fix. :)

karrikuh wrote:New version 1.2 is out! I would say a rather important update.

1.2 (2012-06-03)
  • new feature: LFO sync to host tempo
  • new feature: set LFO phase at song start (applies also to non-synced LFO rates!)
  • new feature: DCO ("Digitally controlled oscillator") switch: see readme.txt
  • new feature: Osc1 shape parameter now applies lowpass/highpass filter to noise source (center position yields white noise).
  • improved filters
    - better solver for nonlinear zero-delay feedback (credits to Teemu Voipio aka mystran)
    - nicer saturation characteristic ...
Your synth is a gem!

Glad to see a few of the top feature requests made your list. I think a lot overlook it, though. I was skeptical until I actually tried it - I happened across a few similar comments a few days ago. Nonetheless, I'm glad you made your creation available for everyone's benefit.

Thanks for one of the easiest to use, great sounding synths out there!

OK, I updated the original download package with new XP-compatible builds.

How I love this red one! :love::love::love::love:

Maybe I create a new sound bank for it.

LFO BPM Sync

:D

Agree :D

If you wanted ... you could ... make an RE version of it....... with a couple of cv inputs to handle any perverted needs...
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Agree :D

If you wanted ... you could ... make an RE version of it....... with a couple of cv inputs to handle any perverted needs...
What's an RE version?

Return to “Instruments”