When will Spectrasonics announce Stylus RMX 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As we all seem to become severely addictive to their products, shouldn't we flame Spectrasonics as we did flame Urs !?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... =flame+urs

:cry:

As soon as a company starts doing their own hardware, there is a risk they tie it to their software and the other way around and seclude third parties. Just look at Maschine.

Please, no hardware for Spectrasonics products. It takes focus from what they do best and is most important - great sounds and usability.

Krakatau wrote:As we all seem to become severely addictive to their products, shouldn't we flame Spectrasonics as we did flame Urs !?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... =flame+urs

:cry:
Lol, I can't do that to Spectrasonics, but... some of their free updates do tend to really be be a little overwhelming. Everyone reads the readme files, but few remember everything in the readme files, and most of us do tend to not use the online manual as much as we should.

I, and my friends, have been busted about that several times. The most memorable for me was with RMX and I realized I had created 19 edit groups for a particular song I was slaving over. I thought the max was still 12, and I thought I discovered something! Yeah, I was called an idiot :-).

But I've seen that happen to people in forums too: "Yeah, that changed in 1.3". Curses!

at first I thought it would be great for RMX to be blended into Omnisphere. But now I am hoping for some sort of combined interace that lets you work seamlessly within all 3 interfaces- or 2 if you nix Trilian and use Omnisphere. Something that you can use WITHOUT a DAW would be great- for live performance. Maybe Omni TR will open up some bigger options now. Whatever it is- can't wait for something new from them (hey, aren't they due to release some more bass sounds)?
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

By my side i'm way more interested by these instruments as composing tools rather than real-time performance, but i may admit that Omnisphere in particular has become an amazing real-time instrument !

Krakatau
By my side i'm way more interested by these instruments as composing tools rather than real-time performance, but i may admit that Omnisphere in particular has become an amazing real-time instrument !
I think this is something that took us all by surprise ... and pleasantly so.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Omnisphere has got to be one of the best live software instruments ever, if not the best.

One thing I'd bet on is a much bigger library of sounds for RMX2. Especially more straight-ahead drums, and the ability to do stuff other drum programs do, like finer control over the sound of each element in a kit.

JavaJ wrote:at first I thought it would be great for RMX to be blended into Omnisphere. But now I am hoping for some sort of combined interace that lets you work seamlessly within all 3 interfaces- or 2 if you nix Trilian and use Omnisphere. Something that you can use WITHOUT a DAW would be great- for live performance. Maybe Omni TR will open up some bigger options now. Whatever it is- can't wait for something new from them (hey, aren't they due to release some more bass sounds)?
I wouldn't want to see RMX2 blended into Omnisphere. If they remain separate, you're not going to use all that cpu just for using rmx.

dblock wrote: ... the sounds haven't changed ...
I guess you don't own Recycle ... or collect *.rx2 files. 8)

Any thing you can 'slice n' dice,' genre wise, you can throw in StylusRMX.

Whether you then make kits or loops, there isn't really anything you can't do drum-wise with the 8 midi tracks and 8 audio outs ... except I never use Channel A, since it always seems to get audio bleed from the other channels.

I love mangling and repositioning those notes in the 'drag n' drop' midi files.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

noiseboyuk wrote:Spectrasonics beat their own path! And the OMG 1 - I'm pretty sure - was a fun one-off.

Eric has come as close as I've ever seen him to dropping hints online that there is some mammoth new Stylus RMX replacement in the works. Like you, I'd love it if it was sooner rather than later. And just consider this... Spectrasonics haven't released a single new product that they've got money from for 2 whole years now! That never ceases to amaze me - I think what happens is every time they release an amazing new free upgrade to an existing product, a whole load more people decide to take the jump. Clever stuff.... but surely at SOME point they'll need a totally new revenue stream!

Native Instruments make some absolutely incredible stuff, but they do kinda milk customers with new paid upgrades every year, chopping and changing support for products and having giveaway bundles and sales. By contrast, Spectrasonics is pretty simple - no sales, no deals, but cool new free stuff at regular intervals for customers so when you buy into it it's a purchase that keeps on giving. I like their approach.
I'm totally with you. I like that Spectrasonics charges a fairly high price for their products, but then never nickle and dimes you for additions... and their additions are sometimes better than other company's full version releases.

I wouldn't mind a new version of Stylus though. I often think if they put some intelligent "jam" algorithms in the chaos section it would probably be the end of Jamstix for me.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

lotus2035 wrote:I bought Omnisphere about 2 months ago and I'm a week away from ordering Stylus RMX and also hope to get Trilian soon. It's all new to me. :D
I was wondering, in the context of my post above if some of you could tell me what kind of upgrade prices Spectrasonics have had in the past? Have they had grace periods for late adopters etc?

lotus2035 wrote:I was wondering, in the context of my post above if some of you could tell me what kind of upgrade prices Spectrasonics have had in the past? Have they had grace periods for late adopters etc?
Yes, I'm pretty sure they have... can't quite remember specifics, but I think in the case of Trilian it was actually a free upgrade for people who'd ordered Trilogy a few months before, and special upgrade price for all Trilogy owners. Can anyone remember the details?

Can't be arsed to read all!

Is there or is there not a an RMX 2???????????/11111/1111111////////???????????

:hihi:

I have machine and tbh, it's taken over all my non "real" drum/groove stuff. RMX is STILL a brilliant product, but it's version 1.9.99.4.2 and 2 NEEDS to happen. :D

Hardware? Well.......er...........um..........maybe?? I don't think so though.

One thought about that though, midi controllers are mostly such sucking wads I'd be for it!

noiseboyuk wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:I was wondering, in the context of my post above if some of you could tell me what kind of upgrade prices Spectrasonics have had in the past? Have they had grace periods for late adopters etc?
Yes, I'm pretty sure they have... can't quite remember specifics, but I think in the case of Trilian it was actually a free upgrade for people who'd ordered Trilogy a few months before, and special upgrade price for all Trilogy owners. Can anyone remember the details?
That's helpful, thank you. :)

and if you own all 3- they give you a special VIP upgrade price I recall.
Maybe they will suprise and introduce a new instrument instead. Maybe, oh, I don't know- somethign with pianos and cowbells in it.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

Return to “Instruments”