When will Spectrasonics announce Stylus RMX 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JavaJ wrote:and if you own all 3- they give you a special VIP upgrade price I recall.
Thanks JavaJ, that's good to know. 8)

lotus2035 wrote:I bought Omnisphere about 2 months ago and I'm a week away from ordering Stylus RMX and also hope to get Trilian soon. It's all new to me. :D
Can someone comment on the extra libraries for Stylus RMX expanded?
Someone is selling Stylus RMX in the marketplace without the extra libraries and considering cash is tight it would be a good option for me right now. I'm just wondering what I will be missing? I suppose I could pick them up later if I can find them. Thomann in Germany doesn't seem to have them.

lotus2035 wrote:Can someone comment on the extra libraries for Stylus RMX expanded?
Someone is selling Stylus RMX in the marketplace without the extra libraries and considering cash is tight it would be a good option for me right now. I'm just wondering what I will be missing? I suppose I could pick them up later if I can find them. Thomann in Germany doesn't seem to have them.
Well, they're definitely useful but I guess I use the 2 core libraries more than the xpansions (especially Metamorphasis and Burning Grooves). I guess the problem is that it might be harder to just buy the libraries in future when you have a bit more cash, but you could gamble that RMX2 will include them anyway. Decisions decisions...

lotus2035 wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:I bought Omnisphere about 2 months ago and I'm a week away from ordering Stylus RMX and also hope to get Trilian soon. It's all new to me. :D
The extra content, including the various Spectrasonic AKAI disc series, is IMO just 'OK.' A lot of it is dated, highly processed and highly stylized.

In all seriousness ... as I made a joking allusion earlier ... the key to making StylusRMX really valuable is to get Propellorhead's Recycle and learn how to make rex files. Then you can import those rex files into Stylus. There are millions (barely exaggerating) audio loop files to be found on the net and you can also make your own wav or aiff loops, chop them with Recycle and import the rex files. Now the world is yours!

Also, but less attractive, there are gobs of 'multiplatform' sample libraries from Big Fish Audio, Loopmasters and the rest of the ususal suspects that include rex files you can import to Stylus.

If the price was right, I'd jump on this deal and use the extra money to get Recyle if you don't have it.

Como
Last edited by como baila on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

the additional libs are no longer available separately.
i use them all the time.
great stuff that complements the corelib beautifully.
better get the expanded version right away.

Heh, heh ... ask for advice and get contradictory opinions and more confused! 8)

Como

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

noiseboyuk wrote:Well, they're definitely useful but I guess I use the 2 core libraries more than the xpansions (especially Metamorphasis and Burning Grooves). I guess the problem is that it might be harder to just buy the libraries in future when you have a bit more cash, but you could gamble that RMX2 will include them anyway. Decisions decisions...
Hmm, yes I didn't count with them being included in version 2. Having said that Version 2 is just a pipedream at the moment right? I mean, there's no official word yet?

como baila wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:
The extra content, including the various Spectrasonic AKAI disc series, is IMO just 'OK.' A lot of it is dated, highly processed and highly stylized.

In all seriousness ... as I made a joking allusion earlier ... the key to making StylusRMX really valuable is to get Propellorhead's Recycle and learn how to make rex files. Then you can import those rex files into Stylus. There are millions (barely exaggerating) audio loop files to be found on the net and you can also make your own wav or aiff loops, chop them with Recycle and import the rex files. Now the world is yours!

Also, but less attractive, there are gobs of 'multiplatform' sample libraries from Big Fish Audio, Loopmasters and the rest of the ususal suspects that include rex files you can import to Stylus.

If the price was right, I'd jump on this deal and use the extra money to get Recyle if you don't have it.

Como
That's defintely an option Como, thanks for the advice. I'm downloading the demo for Recycle as I type. 8)

Dr.Wu wrote:the additional libs are no longer available separately.
i use them all the time.
great stuff that complements the corelib beautifully.
better get the expanded version right away.

:cry:

Now I'm confused just like como said! :hihi:
Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna stop hijacking this thread now.

lotus2035 wrote:
como baila wrote: In all seriousness ... as I made a joking allusion earlier ... the key to making StylusRMX really valuable is to get Propellorhead's Recycle and learn how to make rex files.

Como
That's defintely an option Como, thanks for the advice. I'm downloading the demo for Recycle as I type. 8)
I should add that one of Recycles other 'tricks' is to export all the audio slices from the REX file as separate wav files and also midi file 'timing' file. If you use a sampler you can now import those individual slices, mangle to taste in your sampler, and use the midi file to recreate the groove or create new ones.

Como

Honestly, I don't care *what* spectrasonics releases... whether it's RMX2 or something I haven't even thought of. It's going to be amazing, because they have a pretty perfect track record. I own all 3 today and I can't wait to see what's next. I'm almost certain to buy just based on the value they have continued to give me around Omnisphere and Trillian.

I recently bought Geist... so I'm pretty set for loop mangling drum VSTis, but if RMX2 comes out, I'm certain to upgrade.

lotus2035 wrote:Hmm, yes I didn't count with them being included in version 2. Having said that Version 2 is just a pipedream at the moment right? I mean, there's no official word yet?
Their track record is that they tend to include all the previous libraries as a small fraction of the new, so I'd have thought it would appear (unless you know different of course).

I honestly can't remember where Eric dropped the RMX 2 hints, but I've seen him say it more than once now on forums. So this is a paraphrase, but the strong implication was "just you guys wait, it's gonna be mind blowing". Absolutely no hint of a timescale, but as far as I'm concerned it was a confirmation that they are working on a product that will supersede RMX.

EDIT - again, based on past performance, I'd anticipate a core library almost 10x the size of the original and a tag browser, but I think there will be far more radical innovations than that.

noiseboyuk wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:Hmm, yes I didn't count with them being included in version 2. Having said that Version 2 is just a pipedream at the moment right? I mean, there's no official word yet?
Their track record is that they tend to include all the previous libraries as a small fraction of the new, so I'd have thought it would appear (unless you know different of course).

I honestly can't remember where Eric dropped the RMX 2 hints, but I've seen him say it more than once now on forums. So this is a paraphrase, but the strong implication was "just you guys wait, it's gonna be mind blowing". Absolutely no hint of a timescale, but as far as I'm concerned it was a confirmation that they are working on a product that will supersede RMX.

EDIT - again, based on past performance, I'd anticipate a core library almost 10x the size of the original and a tag browser, but I think there will be far more radical innovations than that.
Sounds great. Maybe I would be wise to grab that 2nd hand copy. I'm sure the core library would do me for a long while plus it would mean that I own all 3 products and would be eligible for a nice upgrade offer when version 2 surfaces. I can wait a year or so (if in fact it takes that long). :)

That sounds like a plan. I have to say though, I use the expanded libraries more than the core ones! My favorite libraries have a world / jazz flavor - ethno techno, liquid grooves and burning grooves. Don't forget to look at Ilio's expansions and also Skippy Lehmkuhl (pluginguru.com).

Although 2nd hand copies are eligble for updates the real bargain updates are only available for customers who bought the plugins firsthand AFAIK

Return to “Instruments”