KX77FREE -> KX-SYNTH-X16 v4.3 (free VCS3 sim) 08/04/2012: New video demos.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Videos added the 08/04/2012:

I give my apologies to the listeners, it's an improvisation, just play and rec.
This is a demo because I mute some tracks when the music is playing.
The strings (Kx-modulad) are played on the left of the keyboard and the kx-synth-x16's lead is on the right. I use the Kx-Midi-Filter to transpose all tracks with the bender in real time.
The SF2 drums (Kx-modulad) pass into the Kx-synth-x16 FX and a Kx-Delay is used for some tracks.
So, if I had not listened the Klaus Schulze's albums, specially those of the 70's , I would never have done it all.

Kx77free - Demo (Thank you Mr Schulze)

An improvisation again, just play and rec.
The Vco1 is synchronized by the vco 2 and its frequency is modulated by the mod Env, the Joystick and the Lfo.
The Egs of the strings (Kx-modulad) are synchronized with the tempo and looped.

Kx-synth-x16 : synchronized Lead and Joystick

This is a demo about the way to work with the relative parameters of each voice to create acoustic effects on poly brass preset. The metallic sounding is created with the vca signal to the ring modulator (limited and equalized), which does a feedback resonance. The Vco 1 is synchronized with the Vco 2 to add a medium timbre, the Mod Env controls its amount.

Kx-synth-x16 : Kxmod and mono presets

Kx-synth-x16 : sequencer with kxmod

modified the 25/02/2012:
Recently I see that a commercial compagny implemented a similar voice controller (with relative parameters) of my extended KXMOD system (06/2009) inside an emulation of the famous Oberheim SEM synthesizer.
So I'm glad to see that this concept is exploited by the other devs. :D

So, the original features of the KX-SYNTH-X16 are:

- Total control of the 6 voices with 57 relative parameters per voice (KXMOD)
with or without cycle voice management (CS or SCI).
- Matrix with mini knobs.
- Numerical fields to use millivolt voltage controls !
- CV (volt octave) and Gate modularity.
- A modular 6 tracks CV and Gate sequencer.
- Possibility to use the waveforms of the Kx-Modulad and built them with its Kx-WaveTracer (100% aliasing free).
- Synchronized Vcos on note on.
- Envelopes with velocity controls (On, A,D,S,R), reset, reset loop.
- Tuned filter (volt octave).
- Frequency displays.
- Hi quality Vco synchronization and Ring Modulator with oversampled limiter.

25/02/2012: KX-SYNTH-X16 update, ver 4.3
- Improvement of the KXMOD modularity, the levels of the inputs (1, 2) can be modfied for each voice.
- Now the waveform selectors are not controlled by the Program Change and if you replace the initial waveforms by these of the Kx-Modulad all presets which use them will be modified.
Fixed bug:
- The short Asio buffers were dropped when the program change if a sequencer file was loaded. So I recommend that you replace the 4.2 by this one.

modified the 01/01/2012:
One thing was absent of the VCS3 possibility, this is the PWM, so I added the possibility to modulate the vco shape parameters to do similar results.

KX-SYNTH-X16 update, ver 4.2
Improvement of the matrix modularity, now the volume control inputs can be replaced by Pan or Shape control inputs.
Several sources to the FX modulation have been added.
Fixed bugs:
The joystick values were wrong when the offset of -10 to 10 was selected (M and FX versions).

modified the 27/12/2011:
This morning I installed the Sonar Trial on my old athlon xp 2000 with 512 mo of ram and the v4.1 works fine, the older versions have the output bug but not the v4.1 ...
In fact, the Sonar users used old versions and theirs reports was wrong that why I thought the Sonar bug was not solved. They confirmed me that the v4.1 works fine with Sonar.
I deleted the wrong infos about this bug.

modified the 19/12/2011:
I did a little update this week end, I wanted just update my help files but finally I worked on the Midi Learn.
KX-SYNTH-X16 update, ver 4.1a
- Improvement of the Midi Learn, now it's not necessary to sustain a Midi note which is used to control a button, just to play it again to stop the control. Useful to control the sequencer on/off (Pause button) with a Midi keyboard.
- A selector has been added for the Midi Learn channel.
ex: You could create two tracks on Cubase, one for the melody on the channel 1 and the second for the Midi Learn on the channel 2.

modified the 11/12/2011:
"KX77FREE's demo : FX with the KX-SYNTH-x16-FX " video link added.

modified the 06/12/2011:
"The Bass follows me" video link added.

modified the 29/12/2011:
Last is not last...

KX-SYNTH-X16 update, ver 4.1
- Improvement of the matrix modularity, the In1, In2, X Mod, Y Mod matrix sources have the same choice of modulations (new: Vca Env are also included). The X Mod and Y Mod sources can modulate the Ring Modulator.
- The joystick has now two offsets, 0 to 10 or -10 to 10.
- Peak follower on audio inputs and Midi output added on the FX version.
Fixed bugs:
- Possibility to hold the trigger button, a way to put the effect alway on (Fx version).
- The audio inputs are muted (4 sec) when the initialization of the plug-in (FX version).
- The Midi input channel was always set to All and its selector followed the program change.
- The bug of the audio outputs with Zynewave and Sonar has been fixed.

This year I wanted to do a new plug-in based on a poly sequencer but finally I decided to update the Kx-synth-x16 with this one.

http://kx77free.free.fr

11/11/2011: KX-SYNTH-X16 update, ver 4.0
- Now the built-in sequencer is polyphonic with 6 tracks of 256 steps. They are 6 data per step: cv, gate state, accent 1, accent 2, length, trigger2. All of these data are saved on the hard disk. More possibilities to synchronize the sequencer with the host. The old files *.x16 are compatible with this new version.
- Improvement of the ring modulator with 4 new limiters (oversampled).
- An hermite interpolator have been added to the delay.
- Possibility to transpose the vcos directly with pop-up menus.
- A bank of 32 new presets is provided with the plug-in (160 KX's presets).
- All sequencer presets has been rewritten.

Important! You can use the Midi ouput of this plug-in to control your favorite VSTs, of course your host must be compatible with the Midi output VSTi features.

Fixed bugs:
- A management of the output signals (left, right, meter) has been added to avoid a recent bug with Sonar and Zynewave.
- Strong entries of the pitch values could crash the frequency displays, each display is limited now.

This is a simple demonstration of how you can control with the built-in sequencer your favorite VSTis by using the Midi out features of your host.
With the KX-SYNTH-X16's sequencer I control 6 Novaflah's plug-ins (Phyzmod V1) and I love to simulate acoustic instruments with the Kx-Synth-x16 like this detuned accordion lead, the result is a little strange:

Youtube : Best KX77FREE's : KX-SYNTH-X16-V4 Sequencer - Midi out to VSTi

Another way to use your Midi keyboard, the steps are triggered by each note on. As the midi sequencer input is monophonic, you can choice the note priority, hi, low or last. You can create continuous group of steps to sustain the sequencer notes (blue steps). For this example I used the first poly preset, an emulation of an imaginary EP. I transpose the sequencer in real time with the bender.

KX-SYNTH-X16 V4 sequencer - the bass follows me

A demo about the FX vrsion of the Kx-synth-x16, I use the Kx-Modulad to play SF2 drums and the Kx-synth-x16 to add delay, ring modulator and filter FX.
The sequencer is triggered by the audio inputs and it controls the EGs, etc...
KX77FREE's demo : FX with the KX-SYNTH-x16-FX

11/2010: The KX-SYNTH-X16 has been selected by Computer Magazine,"C M Essential Selection 2010".

Xavier
Last edited by kx77free on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:39 am, edited 45 times in total.

As always, thank you very much :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Interesting new stuff, does the polyphonic sequencer follow my MIDI input, or does it only play by itself, that is what I will test, today, Sunday the 13th of November.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Lovely stuff! One of my favourite synths, free or otherwise.

Thanks!

Hi RunbeerRun,

It's a step sequencer, you can record the CV with your Midi keyboard but only one track after one. Perhaps I will do a polyphonic record function in another plug-in because this plug-in is too much filled...

So if you play a sequence in your host and you record the cv, you would listen the same notes but only with the output of the track selected. Each track is monophonic and you can use the 6 tracks to control the synthesizer voices or an external plug-in.

Xavier

Thanks for the update. :)

Many thanks for all of your synths, I've used most of them at one time or another and this was always my favorite of the bunch.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Hi,

That would be great if some people give me theirs opinions about this sequencer or the other features of my plug-ins because in fact I don't really know how the end user use them.

I have got good returns with some musicians but when I have just "thanks you" that not help me to know where I should go in my future developments, if I work just for me or not.

Xavier

Thanks for the update!

I have a question:
I want that the sequencer plays only when I press a key of my keyboard.
Is that possible?

hi,

Yes with the midi learn (Pause or On buttons), while the key is sustained the sequencer run.
About the Pause, the sequence can be reseted to the Sync step with ||< or not with ||.
In fact I tested also with an on/off pedal, it's more useful with it to start the sequencer.
You can use the the Midi filter to split the keyboard to control the sequencer Midi in.

Xavier

Re,

So this plug-in is also an analog modular VA...

Another ways exist to do what you want:

-on the sequencer panel, select the CV as the source of the in1 matrix input and for each track you use, you must set the CV out to 10.

-on the main panel, set the In1 knob to 10 (it is the Cv signal to control the pitch or what you want)

-set all vcos Kbd knobs to 0.000 because you will control the picth with the In1...

-do not forget to do that : in the matrix set the In1 source to the Vcos Freq (Green plots)

-for each envelope, select "Seq" in the Sync selectors on the right, by this way the EGs will be triggered by the sequencer Gate.

-And to finish, this is important, see on the left of the bottom of the panel,
set the "Run Gate" selector to "Gate"(voice sleep control), normally you should listen the sequence only if you play a note of your Midi keyboard or if you push on the trigger button.

Notes:
Each track has the following parameters, accents 1&2 levels with theirs attack and release parameters, CV out, locators L R, Sync Step, on/off, voice destinations, theirs 16 step lines (green variable plots) and theirs gate states.

Xavier

this is just first impression and just using presets...
absolutely mad.. love it.. the sequence patterns are really great..
it sounds awesome, so i think just keep working on developing different ways to use the onboard sequencer sort of thing in new and novel ways maybe, if it can be done.

Hi kx77free,
many thanks for your answer.

What I forgot: many thanks for your wonderful synth. :-)
I love the sequencer presets very much. It is very Klaus Schulze like.
It gives me ideas for new songs!

hi,

About your new sequences:

- The sequencer memory is not saved in the plug-in presets, so you must save your new sequence before to change the preset ("auto" mode) or to quit your host session.

An help file (*.html) is included inside the plug-in folder, push on "help" button (on the left of the top of the plug-in) and I give you a lot of apologies for my english... so bad!

Xavier

Return to “Instruments”