Kairatune 1.1 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mfa wrote:...a click counts as edit which gets rounded to the closest even semitone, in this case zero i.e. off.
Makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying.

Glad to hear that its not actually a bug.

mfa wrote:This is how the VST-plugins behave. If you edit a preset switch to another and back, your edits will still be there.
Depends on the plugin, really.

With some they will, with some they wont.

There are pros and cons for both approaches.

mfa wrote:I'll fix it (again :shock: ) in the next update.
Take your time.

Its just a minor issue with practically no effect on the experience. :-)

just cant get this to load in ableton ..shows on the list as a nameless/blank vst(??never had that happen before)and wont load in a project at all.. tried a few times

just downloaded v1 to try it and v1 actually works fine...
v1.1 doesn't for me tho.

shanecgriffo wrote:just downloaded v1 to try it and v1 actually works fine...
v1.1 doesn't for me tho.
Both load and work fine on Ableton Live 8.2.6 (trial version). Which version do you have? Are you on 32-bit platform?

I only have v6 of live. 32 bit

Can I ask why you are offering this for free? This I am not suggesting you do one thing or the other, I am just curious.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

ok I just saw your explanation on your website.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

shanecgriffo wrote:I only have v6 of live. 32 bit
Thank you very much for reporting this problem! Ableton 6 is a bit old which makes it difficult to figure out what exactly causing this. It's very interesting to know that Kairatune v1.0 works and v1.1 doesn't. It seems very odd that their behaviour differ so dramatically.

ENV1 wrote:
mfa wrote:This is how the VST-plugins behave. If you edit a preset switch to another and back, your edits will still be there.
Depends on the plugin, really.

With some they will, with some they wont.

There are pros and cons for both approaches.
Yes, i believe you're right about this. The situation is so rare to me personally, that i'm not sure i've ever missed my edits if i've discovered them gone after checking another preset. On hardware synths i'd even expect the edits to be recalled only if i've explicitly saved them. On VST-plugins it might be the other way around. :? My workflow relies so totally on the fact that my edits are saved along with the project, that i'm kind of surprised to find that i don't seem to have a preference on this. :)

Yeah, its definitely a preference thing.

Personally i came to prefer the 'Resets' approach since it allows me to quickly go back to whatever the initial values were in case i 'lost my way'.

However, i can totally understand why other folks prefer the 'Does not Reset' approach...

does any of you have performance issues with kairatune in core i7 Q2670 laptop cpu?
just by loading the plugin in presonus studio one or flstudio 10 it reports a 30%+ performance.

it didnt do that in my core i7 920 desktop cpu.

im using win7 64bit.

Uploaded a little bank of 27 presets for this excellent softsynth :
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/kairatu ... /downloads
enjoy !

Hey! I just checked out the bank. Really good sounds! The Pretty Sick and Wild Driver are wonderful. Thanks Mad Processor! The bank kind of sounds like a mad processor. :)

mfa wrote:I've received a report telling that Orion Platinum 8.02 doesn't recall Kairatune state at all. Every time a saved project is loaded every instance of the plugin is reset to defaults. I remember version 1.0 was reported to function correctly with Orion. The trial version of Orion doesn't allow any kind of saving. :( Could any of you Orion 8.x owners test project saving on Kairatune version 1.1 please?
;) Sorry ! ... to reply to an old post but as i really love Kairatune i'm always annoyed with this issue !

So that's true i can't recall the " saved/selected sound " when i re open a project , it's always re opened with default sound ( insectoplasm ).

I've seen on another topic or post on KVR about Kairatune that Orion member Reusenoise didn't got problems so this is really weird !

Another problem for me is that i can't change the banks (fxb or fxp ), that's really annoying since i'm not a .." pro of buttons " ... so i use a lot of presets ; and so i can't test all the shared banks ! To be precise i can't change the banks with the button " load " of Kairatune and nor with the Orion's loading banks too !

Hope you'll understand my English ! ;)

EDIT:

I've tried to reinstall old version 1.0 and it's the same can't load new banks ! ;)

Tubular Tos wrote:
mfa wrote:I've received a report telling that Orion Platinum 8.02 doesn't recall Kairatune state at all. Every time a saved project is loaded every instance of the plugin is reset to defaults. I remember version 1.0 was reported to function correctly with Orion. The trial version of Orion doesn't allow any kind of saving. :( Could any of you Orion 8.x owners test project saving on Kairatune version 1.1 please?
;) Sorry ! ... to reply to an old post but as i really love Kairatune i'm always annoyed with this issue !
Don't be! I'm glad to learn about any problems users are having with the synth.
Tubular Tos wrote:So that's true i can't recall the " saved/selected sound " when i re open a project , it's always re opened with default sound ( insectoplasm ).
Oh, i'm sorry to hear that. This could be due to a known bug in the bank/preset version information stored by Kairatune that confuses some hosts.
Tubular Tos wrote:I've seen on another topic or post on KVR about Kairatune that Orion member Reusenoise didn't got problems so this is really weird !

Another problem for me is that i can't change the banks (fxb or fxp ), that's really annoying since i'm not a .." pro of buttons " ... so i use a lot of presets ; and so i can't test all the shared banks ! To be precise i can't change the banks with the button " load " of Kairatune and nor with the Orion's loading banks too !
That's even more weird! So, practically none of the program handling works in Orion. :(

What exactly happens when you push the load button on the synth's user interface? Nothing? Do you see a file dialog? Are you able to select an FXP/FXB-file?
Tubular Tos wrote:Hope you'll understand my English ! ;)

EDIT:

I've tried to reinstall old version 1.0 and it's the same can't load new banks ! ;)
Thank you very much Tubular Tos for reporting! May I contact you for testing when the time comes to release the next update?

Return to “Instruments”