Kairatune 1.1 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ENV1 wrote:Thanks for your response, mfa.

That velocity thingy makes sense, thanks for pointing that out.

My next question would have been whether anything in the synthesis has changed because upon closer inspection i thought that aside from the volume issue some of my presets sounded very different from a modulations perspective as well. You say its the Drive module and that it shouldnt affect presets with high values. I will do an old vs. new test and check that out, again thanks for pointing that out.

Will post my findings...
Now that i dig a bit deeper i remember changing the absolute time delay i.e. the unsynchronized delay time setting. Somewhat to my surprise :oops: in version 1.0 the unsynchronized delay time followed tempo changes. I really can't explain what i was thinking about when making it do so. I changed that to behave as one would expect, that is not to change delay time upon tempo changes. That may in some cases make a preset sound a bit different on version 1.1. But let me know what you find please.

mfa wrote:But let me know what you find please.
Will do.

(Had a very busy week and not a lot of time for synth testing but i wont forget it.)

Based on the traffic on the main website, there seems to be quite a lot of interest to the update too and that's absolutely great!

I have received some bug reports and comments and i sincererly thank you for those. I'm sure there are many users having issues with Kairatune that i'm not yet aware of, so i would like to urge everybody to report any problems you see. Just PM here or drop me a line on the email please. I'll ask if there's any details that i would like to know.

I really want to make this synth work right in all circumstances, but i don't have the kind of resources needed to test every OS and host. I truly appreciate your help on this.

Thanks again for your help!

I've received a report telling that Orion Platinum 8.02 doesn't recall Kairatune state at all. Every time a saved project is loaded every instance of the plugin is reset to defaults. I remember version 1.0 was reported to function correctly with Orion. The trial version of Orion doesn't allow any kind of saving. :( Could any of you Orion 8.x owners test project saving on Kairatune version 1.1 please?

Anyone with Orion 8.x please?

Took a little, (sorry bout that), but i have fixed the bank, also added a couple new presets, everythings in order now. 8)

I would just like to remove the old bank first (unless there is a way to just swap them?) because the 'old' presets sound real bad with 1.1

(Way too loud and distorted...dont bother downloading.)

Anyone an idea how to go about this?

Do admins/mods delete or update banks on request?

Thanks, and in case i cant post again before 2012:

A Happy New Year to everyone! :ud:

PS: Kairatune: IMO the best sounding freeware synth of the year and one of the best sounding synths released this year in general. Awesome work by any and all standards with a sound quality that is beyond any criticism. Its raw, its dirty, its fat, its Kairatune! Again my sincere thanks for this great gift.

Thanks ENV1! Your sounds are worth waiting for. I've asked KVR about how we could update the bank. I'll let you know if i hear from them.

Goodie.

Hopefully it wont be a problem.

Now that the synth is up for the OSC im sure one or the other could use some of the presets.

(Besides some more classical and experimental stuff the bank also contains an assortment of Kicks, HiHats/SynthHats, a Shaker and even a Guiro. Should be a good start for those who are not that good at making percussion stuff all from scratch.)

BTW, the single presets that i uploaded can be binned as well. (Which means everything i uploaded for Kaira can be binned.) Like the bank they are only good for 1.0, and since they are included with the bank anyway they are obsolete now anyhow...

I agree with you. I haven't had any response from KVR yet. They are sometimes busy. Maybe you should just upload the new bank, so that people can use it. We'll try to deal with the old stuff when the KVR admins have the time to respond.

Ok, the admin said that you should be able to edit and remove the banks you've uploaded. Of course you need to be logged in to see the edit button below the download link.

Thanks Matti.

The problem is only: There is no Edit button.

(Or anything to that effect.)

If there were, the whole thing wouldnt be a problem.

Check this snapshot to see what i see.

Clicking the bank/preset name starts the download.

No options that suggest that i can manage my own content.

Yes, i am logged in, of course.

Thanks ENV1! I see no edit button in your screenshot either. Looks like there's something wrong with the bank/patch repository. I've asked Ben from KVR to check this out.

Impressive sound, I have to say that.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

ENV1 wrote:The problem is only: There is no Edit button.
Ok, there's a new page for the patches. I noticed a recent update in KVR plugin pages. The URL's are much better now - readable text instead of some numbers. So the edit button we've been after is supposed to be on the new page (reachable from the synth page). Try this please http://www.kvraudio.com/product/kairatu ... /downloads.

jobromedia wrote:Impressive sound, I have to say that.
I'm not sure whether you are referring to ENV1's bank or the synth in general, but i thank you anyway Johan! :)

Return to “Instruments”