Kairatune 1.1 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

alvfaria wrote:I'm planning to launch a blog dedicated to offer .FXB files.
That sounds like a great idea, good luck with that. I sure would like to see it when it's up.
But, I can upload this bank to KVR too. No problem.
And, if you want, you can share this bank on the Kairatune's oficial website too!
Thank you very much! It would be nice to have them in one place, at least for the time being.

Bank uploaded to kvr

it wont show up in ableton v6 for me.. loads in reaper tho (and sounds great!)

Live still crashes but works fine in Cubase. So no change there.

shanecgriffo wrote:it wont show up in ableton v6 for me.. loads in reaper tho (and sounds great!)
Ah, sorry about that. Can you tell me more about this please? Does it show up in the instrument list? When you try to create a track for it - nothing happens?

DJ_Bach wrote:Live still crashes but works fine in Cubase. So no change there.
Argh... :bang: I was really optimistic about this. :P Well, it would be interesting to test it with an alternative sound card - any USB/Firewire audio interface would do. That would tell us whether it is something specific to (Ableton and) your sound card or not. Good to know you have it working on Cubase!

alvfaria wrote:Bank uploaded to kvr
Thanks! I'll post it on the website too. I can link directly to your site as soon as it's online.

Awesome news :D Cant wait to get to work with the update :)

Finally. :D

Thanks mfa, will check it out ASAP. :)

OK, gave it a short spin.

First impression: So far everything appears to be working fine, but there seems to be a problem with the new volume module.

Apparently it is not entirely backward compatible because some of the presets i made are way too loud now and that makes them sound like.....bad.

So no problems with the synth per se, but i will definitely have to re-upload the bank i made.

Anyone an idea how to replace an already existing bank with an updated version?

I could throw in 3 new dub presets while im at it...

PS: Thank you for your continued work on Kaira mfa, very much appreciated. 8)

First, I'd like to thank you for this very good piece of synth. I started to make some preset i think i'll upload a little bank when I can !

I just installed the update and there's a huge cpu consumption just having the plugin idle, about 20% on a core2duo 2Ghz, using ableton 8.2.1. I'm not sure but think it wasn't the case before updating (I remember using 4-5 instances without a problem). If you need I can help with some test. :)

Still, great vst, had a lot of fun with it !

Cheers

ENV1 wrote:OK, gave it a short spin.

First impression: So far everything appears to be working fine, but there seems to be a problem with the new volume module.

Apparently it is not entirely backward compatible because some of the presets i made are way too loud now and that makes them sound like.....bad.

So no problems with the synth per se, but i will definitely have to re-upload the bank i made.
There really shouldn't be a problem with the level settings. But other changes may cause problems i'm afraid.

Technically the control that was previously the master level has simply been renamed to master trim. If the new master level is set to 0dB the output level of any preset should be exactly the same as before.

However, i changed the velocity behaviour in 1.1 in such a way that when playing with high velocity the output may be louder than before. On velocity around 90 out of 127 the output should stay in limits. If the bank was calibrated to maximize output level while not clipping on maximum velocity - which would make perfect sense - i may have indeed broken that. :( Taking a few dBs off the master level should fix it but of course that's not the same.

I had to change the drive behaviour a little in order to make the transition from on to off and back smooth. The difference is noticeable only with drive values close to zero. I don't think that's the case here.

After all recalibrating the trim levels may be the easiest solution. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Anyone an idea how to replace an already existing bank with an updated version?

I could throw in 3 new dub presets while im at it...
Sorry i can't help with this. I don't have any means to manage the presets uploaded to KVR. I'm sure the KVR people can help though. Three new presets would be great!
PS: Thank you for your continued work on Kaira mfa, very much appreciated. 8)
Thanks again for the wonderful presets! :)

mad_processor wrote:First, I'd like to thank you for this very good piece of synth. I started to make some preset i think i'll upload a little bank when I can !
Please do share your presets, it's wonderful to have lots of sounds at hand when producing or just trying out a synth.
I just installed the update and there's a huge cpu consumption just having the plugin idle, about 20% on a core2duo 2Ghz, using ableton 8.2.1. I'm not sure but think it wasn't the case before updating (I remember using 4-5 instances without a problem). If you need I can help with some test. :)
There isn't any dramatic change in the CPU consumption between versions 1.0 and 1.1. Whether you are actually playing the synth or not shouldn't make much difference, some of course but not much, that's by design. However, disabling effects and drive can reduce the CPU load quite dramatically.
Still, great vst, had a lot of fun with it !

Thanks, i'm glad you like it!

Thanks for your response, mfa.

That velocity thingy makes sense, thanks for pointing that out.

My next question would have been whether anything in the synthesis has changed because upon closer inspection i thought that aside from the volume issue some of my presets sounded very different from a modulations perspective as well. You say its the Drive module and that it shouldnt affect presets with high values. I will do an old vs. new test and check that out, again thanks for pointing that out.

Will post my findings...

@mfa : sure, I'll post the presets once I have enough to make a nice bank for your synth :)

And yes you're right about fx and cpu use, make more sense now.

Return to “Instruments”