Steinberg Re-releases two classic VSTi's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Steinberg site always does weird things. I clicked on the link and what looked like an FTP menu came up. In the PC folder was Karlette, and two other old synths: JX-16 and something else CSA, something or other. I didn't think I was where I was supposed to be so I clicked off and of course can't find that page again, but I do have fond memories of Karlette ....

Jazz Franco wrote:No way this will find its way into "big phat productions with commercial sound"
Funny I was just thinking of putting it for a good use in big phat productions with commercial sound. :D
Thanks Steiny for not letting me down, it's quaranteed golden classic retro crap.
EDIT: "these are voluntarily provided by our engineers in their free time" so thanks again!

Well, glad to see a good response to the post... both for and against...., I see it is now on the News page here. For me, all plugins are just tools, some work for me, some don't.. are these great plugins, probably not, but some day, some time, there may be just the right sound needed that can be squeezed out of them - so they are just tools waiting to be used, or not. Hardly consuming much disk now are they? :hihi:

The music comes from you, not the plugins! :wink:

Cheers :D
___
Join Us at The Forest Forum
Robin - NorthWood MediaWorks - lurking at KVR since 2007 - sequencing since 1984

hibidy wrote:Thanks for all the kind words, god, I thought kvr was a nice place where free is accepted and appreciated. steinberg sucks
Thanks for the link :!:

Both plugs work with Herman Seib's VST host, and I also manage to load them into FL Studio 10.

Model-E is still usable, preset 13 got some nice grit for instance. But a pity there is not 'right-click' midi learn, that hampers the hands on usability.

I think it's great that the engineers at Steiny did these plug-ins in their spare time and now they will work in the newer DAW's around.

Hence why i'm praying Quadrafuzz gets an overhaul as that still is one of my all time favourite distortions.

Hey thanks for the heads-up, OP :)

I've always wondered what Model E was like. After playing around with it for the last 15 mintues, I can say it definitely shows it's age nowadays - yes, there currently better freeware out there, BUT... I'm enjoying the nostalgia, plus this plugin does have one distict advantage: The CPU usage is ridiculously low, which is perfect for when you want very simple sounds inserted into a track without eating away at those precious CPU cycles.
Last edited by Xenos on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

be great if they revied something useful, such as Magneto. ;)

LeVzi wrote:
Hence why i'm praying Quadrafuzz gets an overhaul as that still is one of my all time favourite distortions.
+1
i also use it like an eq and it's awsome on drums

sonicpowa wrote: quaranteed golden classic retro crap.
:D

Of course Model E will not sound that great compared to today's synths. It was the first and tbh was pretty quickly superseded by much better synths (including the aforementioned NI Pro 5 and some great freeware like JX Synth). But as a piece of plugin history this is worth having, if only for the nostalgia.

Maybe NI, seeing Steinberg's gesture, could set Pro-53 free for Christmas..... they have a lovely habit of giving something cool out....

Anyway, can anyone remember if these were Payware, and how much they cost? I remember drooling over Model E once upon a time...
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

They have Pro 53 on sale at Guitar Center for $79.00

IIRC, Model E was regular payware - one of the first Steinberg VSTi "boxes" along with the Waldorf Edition and then the later suspects like Halion, VirtualGuitarist, etc.

VB-1 was always part of Cubase since VST3.x days. Read: end 90ies.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I would've taken steiny's gesture alot more serious had it been d'cota and xphrase.......model e?? but i like the new knobs steiny, looks good. And to throw one off into the atmosphere "you're all getting german cuckoo clocks."

Steinberg engineers should better spend their "free time" drinking beers and scoring chicks rather than working in Model E for f%&$'s sake!!!!!

:hihi:
Last edited by ZINO on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”