Steinberg Re-releases two classic VSTi's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A-Synth!!!!

they suck... ugh.

Normally I'm excited about freebies like these but Model-E blows so hard it's classified as a Category 5.

LBN wrote:Normally I'm excited about freebies like these but Model-E blows so hard it's classified as a Category 5.
:lol:

--Sean

There seems to be a denormal or some other glitch... cpu spikes periodically using this...

Thanks to Steiny though for releasing these... and even including 64-bit ports too!

who cares! there's better freeware.

hebb wrote:who cares! there's better freeware.

Perhaps some positive encouragement will get them to release some of their other older products.. like D'Cota or A1 :)

VitaminD wrote:Perhaps some positive encouragement will get them to release some of their other older products.. like D'Cota or A1 :)
+1

Are they they ones messing up XPhrase or is it Wizoo/Digidesign?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

i used vb1 quite a lot in the days, into amplitube 1 it had a real nice bass sound

LOL. the panorama knobs of the E makes funny things ;) Seems this knob has a own life :hihi:

Hm.
Downloaded, installed, tried. Not impressed.
They're pretty sh!tty, to be honest.

They seem to be free, didn't find any copy protection. Just download and install.

The VB-1 does odd things, like for example it occasionally plays two (wtf?!) fret/picking sounds, when the (not overlapping) notes are only doing a 1/2 note step (which would be ONE fret on a real bass, not two).
And I guess it's because of that bug that you can't play any fast legatos with it, it just zips and crackles all the time.
In overall, it sounds pretty synth-y, not like a real bass. But it does have a unique flavour to it.

The E ... dunno. Do I really have to go up as far as C4 on the Keyboard, before even the default setting sounds any good? Lots of zips and crackles there as well. The filter sounds way too unagressive, the lower right Sustain knob doesn't seem to do anything, and the overall sound is just "cheap plastic", no matter how long I fark around with it.
At least VB-1 has some frickin' factory presets...

For the sake of nostalgia, these might be worth downloading. If you have no "shared past" with these - don't bother.
I didn't believe the spiteful posts, so I tried them myself. Now I'm writing a spiteful post. Go figure. ;)
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

I think the E may have some worth... sits between 'chip' sounds and todays more analogue than analogue approach. Sometimes a light sound (heavily effected ;)) can add... garnish to a mix.

Though you can get the sound with a zillion freebies today too so down to aesthetics and all that if you use it.

But, hey, go Steinberg. Woo!

For more old Steinberg stuff, you might wanna visit ftp://ftp.steinberg.de/Download/Legacy_Plugins/ ;)
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:For more old Steinberg stuff, you might wanna visit ftp://ftp.steinberg.de/Download/Legacy_Plugins/ ;)
Neon and Quadrafuzz FTW!

:)

How about the reverb (can't remember the name...) that came with the very first Cubasis' etc? That had serious quality issues that would be lapped up today. :)

Return to “Instruments”