Steinberg Re-releases two classic VSTi's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

japut_99 wrote:I would've taken steiny's gesture alot more serious had it been d'cota and xphrase.......model e??
And if someone gave you 10 cents for free it would have to be a f**king asshole... what?! only 10 cents?? You can't be serieus...

Just my 2 cents :P

jdieks wrote:
japut_99 wrote:I would've taken steiny's gesture alot more serious had it been d'cota and xphrase.......model e??
And if someone gave you 10 cents for free it would have to be a f**king asshole... what?! only 10 cents?? You can't be serieus...

snap crackle pop.....hey did you buy model e when it was "hot' on the market? i can be serieus

I had a guy ask for some change to eat once and actually gave him about a buck fiddy in change. He said "what, no bills??" :roll:

hibidy wrote:I had a guy ask for some software synths to play once and actually gave him about a model e in my free downloads section. He said "what, no free alpha or synth 1??" :roll:

fixed that for you

hehe

Let me know when they set Xphraze free! :lol: 8)

osiris wrote:The Steinberg site always does weird things. I clicked on the link and what looked like an FTP menu came up. In the PC folder was Karlette, and two other old synths: JX-16 and something else CSA, something or other. I didn't think I was where I was supposed to be so I clicked off and of course can't find that page again, but I do have fond memories of Karlette ....
Here you go mate
ftp://ftp.steinberg.de/Download/Legacy_ ... _Karlette/

We need Quadrafuzz!!!

japut_99 wrote:
jdieks wrote:

snap crackle pop.....hey did you buy model e when it was "hot' on the market? i can be serieus
What the hell does giving something away FOR FREE have to do with not having payed for it 10 years ago?

And by the way:

1) If you want analog, buy analog

2) if you have analog gear this can actually be nice used as some lofi sound like an arpeggiator because not all sounds have to be super PHAT

3) point 2 is also valid when using it with very good VSTs

4) If you can't afford analog, why complain when you get something FOR FREE?

5) "I would have taken steiny's gesture a lot more serieus"... Do they owe you something? Maybe they did something they have to make up for or something? In my book, since they've been bought by Yamaha they are going in the right direction and resurrecting old plugins is part of that. Look at other threads where people complain about them killing older products, now they're undoing that and it's still not ok :P

I don't get the negative replies either. It's a nice gesture and actually I even like model e. Easy programming, 16 part multitimbral and doesn't put a dent on the cpu no matter how hard you run it. I can definately see myself using it in the right context. There's a few nice banks to have here at kvraudio as well.

Thanks to Steinberg and the guys that put in their free time.

Hi 4damind,
if you need quadrafuzz here it is:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.de/Download/Legacy_Plugins/PC/

Gucky wrote:Hi 4damind,

Hehe, yes. I use it very often.
But it would be nice to have it also updated and also available for 64Bit.

I think there's only an update?

No it's not.
From the readme file:
1. Insert the original QuadraFuzz CD-ROM into any available drive
2. Run the QuadraFuzz 1.01 Updater from a local drive by double clicking on the installer program
3. Following the instruction on screen
OMG CD-frigging-ROM!!!! :lol: [/code]

Returning to the point: unfortunately, couldn't get Model E to show in any host (Traction NFR and Reaper4) on my old iBook Mac with 10.4.11, which is sad -- looking at the CPU consumption on PC this could make some nice funny little setup.

Return to “Instruments”