RealGuitar v3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Came across this on the MusicLab site:

"We are delighted to announce version 3 of our Real instruments packed with great new features:
Our unique Struminator technology, including Smart Strum, Smart Strings, Color Tab modes letting you create guitar accompaniment parts with unbelievable realism and expression (details and video demo will be available soon)....

Starting December 1st till December 31st customers who purchase our Real instruments will receive version 3 for free after release. The offer ends on December 31st 2011."

I couldn't find any more info, including whether pre-Dec 1 2011 owners get any upgrade price...

Anyone hear anything?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

If they don't update all their samples, v3 won't help them much in sounding realistic. Any RealSomething product I've tried sounded way too thin and lacking body. I guess they compressed the samples far too much.

Good luck to them, but I'm gonna stick to Greg's sample libraries and superior scripting ;)

lingyai wrote:
I couldn't find any more info, including whether pre-Dec 1 2011 owners get any upgrade price...

Anyone hear anything?
I asked ...
What about the people who paid full price for the instruments? Will the updates be free also?
I've deleted the reply e-mail but basically they said the upgrade prices to V3 would be released at a later date.

The old story. you pay full price, then some whippersnapper gets in on a deal AND is promised the next version upgrade for free. :bang:

I can honestly say though that I get a lot of use out of my MusicLab products. so ... I'm still looking forward to V3.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I agree that Greg's stuff is better sampled, but despite that and some klunkiness with RealGuitar, some of it apparently due to my DAW (Acid Pro 7), I also use RG a lot. I'm curious about the new features are like though.

Would be great if someone could develop something which combines, say, RG's picking patterns ( I love arpeggiated guitar) with the stability and ease of use of something like -- thinking laterally -- EZ Drummer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

I'm reviving an ancient thread, but why not? I've been keeping up with RealGuitar since v2. We're up to v5 . . . WOW!! This one is a BIG BIG upgrade that is very impressive. Most notably MusicLab added a new guitar sample set called "Steel String." This is in addition to their "Classic" model. There are easier than ever switching between soloing, strumming, string picking, etc. via key velocity. It takes a little time to get used to, but with the right touch it's a breeze. There are many other additions and improvements. All-in-all, the upgrade is well worth it, and I'm glad I have it. ;-)

Upgrade from v4 to v5 is 59.... I'll wait Black Friday to se if there are some discount....

Return to “Instruments”